Big Brother Season 16 Premiers June 25th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, the house looks pretty awesome. They really seem to have gone all out this season. I wonder if the success of BB Canada had anything to do with it, forcing BB U.S. to step up their game.

I've never bought the feeds before but after watching some of the BBCan2 feeds I'm considering it. $25 isn't really that much. Then again it's the Summer and I'm not sure how much time I'd spend watching the feeds. As I've said before I think you have to be really into the feeds and spoilers or just stick to the TV show, there's no good middle ground.

If anyone does want to buy the feeds you should do so through Rob Has a Podcast:

http://robhasawebsite.com/

If you sign up via his link he'll send you a Live Feed Bingo card that you fill out as you watch the feeds and you can win $500. Might as well give it a try if you watch the feeds a lot.

Big Brother 16 cast revealed: meet the cast of BB16

big-brother-cast-bb16.jpg

http://www.globaltv.com/BigBrother/2014/June/Big_Brother_16_cast_revealed__meet_the_cast_of_BB16/#1

Nicole Franzel definitely looks like the blonde southern girl BB always likes to hype. (Jodi, Britney, Aaryn til she was a racist lol)

Interesting looking cast. A lot of them seem kinda odd but none of them look immediately to me like floaters. I could see anyone of them being serious about the game.

bb's motto seems to be: if it ain't broke, try your hardest to ruin it.

The format was getting a little stale. Nothing is wrong with having a season testing a new twist. If they didn't do that, we'd still have the shitty BB1 format and also no veto comps.

that was when it was broke.

I kinda agree that it's been stale for awhile. The coach and MVP twists have been great ideas. I think the problem they have is the comps are getting repetitive and they need to rethink some of them. The Battle of the Block comp likely will have some new cool challenges to watch since it will be 1 on 1

I kinda agree that it's been stale for awhile. The coach and MVP twists have been great ideas. I think the problem they have is the comps are getting repetitive and they need to rethink some of them. The Battle of the Block comp likely will have some new cool challenges to watch since it will be 1 on 1

not me. the show is about the cast and how they manipulate their surroundings to advance. the more predictable it is, the more they can make calculated moves.

the twists are dull, you know they're gonna drop it once it gets to jury, and they just make it harder to tell who's actually good at the game when you compare it season to season.

season 10 is unanimously considered one of the best seasons and it was just a straight game of BB. that was 5 years ago so i dunno how you can even think it's worn out its welcome. a straight forward game would be refreshing. the twists are stale.

not me. the show is about the cast and how they manipulate their surroundings to advance. the more predictable it is, the more they can make calculated moves.

the twists are dull, you know they're gonna drop it once it gets to jury, and they just make it harder to tell who's actually good at the game when you compare it season to season.

season 10 is unanimously considered one of the best seasons and it was just a straight game of BB. that was 5 years ago so i dunno how you can even think it's worn out its welcome. a straight forward game would be refreshing. the twists are stale.

Twists allow for new strategy then what we've already seen. The standard format has been mapped out fine by people who watch the show.

I agree they will get rid of the twist by jury but that doesn't mean it's a failure. It's kinda agreeing with your point that the calculated players will do better at that point. The All-Stars season chose to pick off floaters for the first couple weeks. S12 and S13 picked off floaters initially too. The better players wait to make their move and coordinate together, twist or not.

Pictures of the Have Not room were briefly posted but taken down. Luckily someone thought to grab them before they went down.

Ha, that looks awesome. I'd rather sleep on the floor than something that hard.

Who Are the 'Big Brother 16' Cast's Favorite Players?

Season 12 Winner Hayden Moss: Caleb, Devin and Hayden

Season 10 Winner Dan Gheesling: Derrick and Nicole

Seasons 12 and 14's Britney Haynes: Brittany and Frankie

Season 15's Howard Overby: Amber and Christine (Christine also chose season 15's Helen Kim and All-Stars winner Mike "Boogie" Malin)

Seasons 6, 7 and 14's Janelle Pierzina: Paola

Season 13 Winner Rachel Reilly: Jocasta

Seasons 11 and 13's Jeff Schroeder: Cody

Season 15 Winner Andy Herren: Zach

Season 15's GinaMarie Zimmerman: Joey

Season 15's Spencer Clawson: Donny

None: Victoria (she's never seen the U.S. version, only the Israeli version)

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/big-brother/who-are-the-big-brother-16-cas-53864.aspx

Usually you can take out of this whether the player is a big fan or not. The ones who chose the last season usually are the people who never followed it much. I wonder in Jocasta will be like Rachel if she likes her a lot.

Watched the cast videos and I don't give the women much chance of winning this season. The majority of them said without Jeff even asking them that they don't get along with other girls. A lot of insecurity will make them easy to pick off.

Christine has a decent strategy of joining one of two (she's assuming there will be two sides in the house) alliances and then making a final two deal with someone in the other alliance so they can both avoid the block. I think that's the best plan you can have for a long game in the house but it can get you screwed early if people notice and don't trust you. I'm also not sure if she's social enough to implement it. Regardless, it could be very helpful for the new twist the way she is approaching it since there likely could be an HOH from either alliance or both up each week.

I also think Caleb has a decent idea of being the guy who teams up with a strong/competitive player and allowing them to do all his dirty work. Makes me wonder if he will try to team up with Devin or a physical threat early.

Ian Terry liked Zach out of the interviews. I'm unsure if Zach is a guy who's charisma will help him in the game or if he will be too loud and put a target on his back fairly early in the game. He said he would stay low but a ton of players say that going in and then they can't.

I haven't watched the cast interviews yet but I had the same feeling last season (i.e. women were brought in to fight with each other not actually play the game) and that didn't turn out well. Hopefully casting is better this season.

In regard to your guys' talk about twists, I agree with Flemmy about the show mostly being about the relations between the players but twists can work if they are more subtle. For example I thought the hidden Red POV that Allison found on BBCan2 was a good twist because it could be used strategically but it wasn't so over-powered as to be unstoppable (I thought she made a great move with it but then the follow-up was bad and got her booted). As opposed to say Jeff's coup d'etat which was just ridiculous or MVP last season which just went to Elissa every week (MVP was okay but having a fan favourite was dumb).

One thing I read about the cast is that Frankie is a known YouTube personality so he might end up being like Elissa Reilly and winning all of the online voting things they are adding. I saw that the first thing you could vote on is who has to do everyone's laundry so if they use it like that (instead of for game-changing twists) it could add some funny moments and interesting dynamics.

I haven't watched the cast interviews yet but I had the same feeling last season (i.e. women were brought in to fight with each other not actually play the game) and that didn't turn out well. Hopefully casting is better this season.

In regard to your guys' talk about twists, I agree with Flemmy about the show mostly being about the relations between the players but twists can work if they are more subtle. For example I thought the hidden Red POV that Allison found on BBCan2 was a good twist because it could be used strategically but it wasn't so over-powered as to be unstoppable (I thought she made a great move with it but then the follow-up was bad and got her booted). As opposed to say Jeff's coup d'etat which was just ridiculous or MVP last season which just went to Elissa every week (MVP was okay but having a fan favourite was dumb).

One thing I read about the cast is that Frankie is a known YouTube personality so he might end up being like Elissa Reilly and winning all of the online voting things they are adding. I saw that the first thing you could vote on is who has to do everyone's laundry so if they use it like that (instead of for game-changing twists) it could add some funny moments and interesting dynamics.

Yea, he is semi popular cause his sister is a famous singer and he has his own following. I heard there will be votes on the feeds but I'm hoping it doesn't affect the game because this guy is in the house. The need to understand when they have any votes involved in the game, you can't have someone with fans already in the house. It's common sense but they seemed to ignore that for BB15.

Watched other interviews and there are actually four girls that flat out say they want to have a girls alliance despite some saying they don't like girls are much as guy friends.

Jocasta
Joey
Paola
Amber

The funny thing is if I had to chose the four weakest females in the cast from the interviews, its these three. There is no way I can see Paola or Joey putting up most of these guys on the block if they give them an ounce of attention.

Ian said in the feeds interview with Jeff that he has perfect 20/20 vision and wore the huge glasses for the purpose of coming off more nerdy in the house. Didn't know that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back