Big Ben is a replacement fighter in JDS vs Ben Rothewell in UFC Zagreb.

FedorGOAT

Ultimate Fedorist
Platinum Member
Reaction score
So Ben told Ariel on MMA hour that this match was first meant to be Browne vs JDS. But Browne pulled out due to injured foot & he stepped in. Before that UFC told him to wait & he doesn't have to take this match. But according to Ben, he just didn't want to sit back fr 10 months while doing nothing, Especially when other contenders can surpass him.

He sold that match pretty well by saying, JDS is a big challenge with a win over Stipe, Werdum & Cain & an ex-champ so if he can beat him that will give his title contention talk a big boost. SO there's that. Can't say I disagree with him. He is taking a smart approach.

Source
His talk starts at 27:52.

Browne would have been the first fatality in UFC history if he had took that sorry ass Edmond boxing in there with Junior.

Props to Ben for being active and taking a pretty tough fight.

Yea someone else said this earlier. Jds vs Browne- would of been fireworks

You know what, this may be the first time I was ever interested in a Ben Rothwell fight.

Ben is like HW Cerrone.

Love it! This guy is killing it lately. Doing everything right.

If the JDS that fought Overeem shows back up, Big Ben by whatever he wants

Why the fuck would they give Browne a contender and sit Big Ben on the sidelines for 10 months?

Does the ufc not realize the fans hate Travis and love Ben?

Ronda must have pull for her bf as well.

i believe JDS is shot mentally, so big ben can pull it off

Why the fuck would they give Browne a contender and sit Big Ben on the sidelines for 10 months?

Does the ufc not realize the fans hate Travis and love Ben?

Ronda must have pull for her bf as well.

Wait so we bitch about the JDS vs Ben matchup not being fair to him but we also bitch they didn't give it to him in the first place?

People acting like Junior isn't still dangerous

I don't agree

Big Ben should have demanded they allow him to wear his mask and cape this time in exchange for stepping up for the company. The evil villain needs to return!

If the jds who fought stipe shows up Big Ben probably KOs him. Otherwise I think jds will take this.

i disagree, jds in any form wins this. very favourable stylistic matchup for jds.

Its frustrating as a fan of Ben to see him go from overeem to meathead, to barnett. And all of those victorys quite impressive and still he seems to be a few fights away. These fights are fun though and ill be watching

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back