• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Big 3 w/ Infinite Intensity

Train.Harder

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Anyone having a good time ingegrating some bigass compound lifts in with the Infinite Intensity program? I'm wondering when would be the best day, I see he outlines a 6 day split program thing in the book, but I was curious what yall thought.

I was thinking of just adding a day with all 3, just cause as much as I like doing snatches and funny deadlifts and 1 legged squats with weights...I GOTTA hit up the ol' big 3.

Your thoughts?

The big 3 aren't all that important when it comes to fighting.

Post the workout so I can see where to fit things in.

The big 3 aren't all that important when it comes to fighting.

Bench, OK not so much...

But did you just say SQUATS and DEADLIFTS are NOT important when it comes to fighting?

Surely your mistaken...

Hmm, basically it goes:

Day 1: Warrior Challenge (Intense Conditioning workout)

Day 2: Interval Runs AM / Core workout PM

Day 3: Strength Training (Random Dumbell Goodness Day , lots of good moves, but no super heavy regular lifts.)

Day 4: GPP Stuff

Day 5: Rest

Keep in mind i'd like to to not take anything out of the program. Rather i'd like to "add" a day maybe and make it a 6 day thing or something.

Danke

Squats can be replaced with Pistols and one legged dumbell squats. Dedlifts can be replaced by the sandbag shoulderings.

Hmm, basically it goes:

Day 1: Warrior Challenge (Intense Conditioning workout)

Day 2: Interval Runs AM / Core workout PM

Day 3: Strength Training (Random Dumbell Goodness Day , lots of good moves, but no super heavy regular lifts.)

Day 4: GPP Stuff

Day 5: Rest

Keep in mind i'd like to to not take anything out of the program. Rather i'd like to "add" a day maybe and make it a 6 day thing or something.

Danke

So the routine restarts after day5? If you base it off of a 7 day week, you'll be able to fit more in, but the workouts will be less frequent.

Try and put high intense activities together, with lighter days in between.

A day with all 3 would be brutal and probably ill advised by most around here.

Yep. I did this with plenty of success.

Plenty of fighters do not dead lift or squat.

Why cut your potential short? It's obvious you want to be athletic to be a fighter, and those two lifts are HUGE in althetic endeavors. Neglecting them is just a excuse IMO.

lol at orange belt newbs form the heavyweights giving bad advice...

skill and conditioning should be your top priority as a fighter.

strength has its advantages and can only aid you.... the best way to get strength is by focusing on the big 3

I do them on the strength day (day 3), changing the workouts Ross has outlined. I think he do discuss how you can add an extra day off strength training in the FAQ.

lol at orange belt newbs form the heavyweights giving bad advice...

skill and conditioning should be your top priority as a fighter.

strength has its advantages and can only aid you.... the best way to get strength is by focusing on the OLYMPIC LIFTING and PLYOMETRICS

Fixed.

Sorry to jack this thread but i saw it and it related to my curiousity and maybe my idea to solve my own problem would help the thread..

If I only have 2-3 free training days, what do you guys recommend in order to accomplish the big 3 along with ross type workouts. I'm a full time pharmacy student and training BJJ 3x a week. Due to this, its already pretty hard to recover properly in order to keep a straight and focused head for studying.

I was thinking rotating 1 strength lift every training day such as power cleans, front squats, deadlifts, military presses, etc.. and then finishing off with a ross type workout.

Sorry to jack this thread but i saw it and it related to my curiousity and maybe my idea to solve my own problem would help the thread..

If I only have 2-3 free training days, what do you guys recommend in order to accomplish the big 3 along with ross type workouts. I'm a full time pharmacy student and training BJJ 3x a week. Due to this, its already pretty hard to recover properly in order to keep a straight and focused head for studying.

I was thinking rotating 1 strength lift every training day such as power cleans, front squats, deadlifts, military presses, etc.. and then finishing off with a ross type workout.

That sounds pretty good. You could pick 6 lifts and do 2 every day you train, allowing you to do each one once a week.

Back