• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Law Biden Pardons All Federal Offenses For Marijuana Possession

No. It should be illegal.

Then alcohol should also be illegal since that is way more damaging to an individual that marijuana and can actually kill you if you drink too much of it and also can destroy your liver in excess.

Why do you think Marijuana should be illegal?

Yeah, because people who smoke weed make the best, most sensible decisions in life …

<YeahOKJen>
I use Marijuana, have made sensible decisions and have been with the same company working on computers and electronics for 9 years plus I get paid pretty f'n good. Also, almost all of my friends use it as well and all have decent jobs.

I just got home from work about 20 minutes, I just finished taking a rip from my bong, I am listening to King Buffalo and eating dinner. I am such a degenerate

Last edited:
Tell me how releasing a few potheads, not even making weed legal, is more important to the average American than gas
Not only that is people rotting in jail for basic possession even a thing? Every state I've lived in you either get a small ticket or the bond amount is so small that you just leave the next morning.........

Everyone I've heard of in my area that screams "i'm rotting in jail for having a little bit of weed" 9 times out of 10 is actually in Jail because of other charges that happened the same time as the possession (evading arrest, driving without a license/insurance, having prior warrants).

Prioritizing the capitalism of the penal system and exploiting it for personal gain
Dick Cheney add that to the list

Then alcohol should also be illegal since that is way more damaging to an individual that marijuana and can actually kill you if you drink too much of it and also can destroy your liver in excess.

Why do you think Marijuana should be illegal?

I use Marijuana, have made sensible decisions and have been with the same company working on computers and electronics for 9 years plus I get paid pretty f'n good. Also, almost all of my friends use it as well and all have decent jobs.

I just got home from work about 20 minutes, I just finished taking a rip from my bong, I am listening to King Buffalo and eating dinner. I am such a degenerate

Yes. Alcohol is also unhealthy and should be a lot more difficult to obtain than it is. However, at least with alcohol, you don’t have the issue of second hand smoke.

Cannabis that is produced today has high concentrations of psychoactive chemicals called THC. The concentrations of these chemicals is far stronger than cannabis that was produced just decades ago.

Smoking, in general, is very unhealthy. It not only affects the smoker, but everyone in their immediate vicinity. Even more so when that smoke is full of psychoactive chemicals.

Yes, you are.

Yeah, because people who smoke weed make the best, most sensible decisions in life …

<YeahOKJen>
Yes. Alcohol is also unhealthy and should be a lot more difficult to obtain than it is. However, at least with alcohol, you don’t have the issue of second hand smoke.

Cannabis that is produced today has high concentrations of psychoactive chemicals called THC. The concentrations of these chemicals is far stronger than cannabis that was produced just decades ago.

Smoking, in general, is very unhealthy. It not only affects the smoker, but everyone in their immediate vicinity. Even more so when that smoke is full of psychoactive chemicals.

Yes, you are.
I will continue to be a degenerate and those high concentrations of THC are amazing. I need much less Marijuana to get high.

Your views are so outdated man but hey continue believing what you believe while the rest of this country moves forward. It will be federally legal whether you like it or not.

Feel like you should be able to work this out on your own, but here goes:

People who are currently in jail for possession of marijuana are extremely rare, and those that are have short sentences. Even as a foreigner, I know that. So in the grand scheme of things they don't affect the total prison population either way.

More importantly, changing legislation would obviously mean people can't be locked up for possession in the future. So when the last man/woman currently in jail for possession gets out in a year or whatever, the door closes behind them so to speak. No-one will get locked up for "stupid shit" again. Adding a pardon on top of that is just pointless and retarded.
The pardon isn't very impactful, but it doesn't hurt anything. My biggest issue with it is that it's a publicity stunt. "Disrespect for the judicial system" is laughable.

I will continue to be a degenerate and those high concentrations of THC are amazing. I need much less Marijuana to get high.

Your views are so outdated man but hey continue believing what you believe while the rest of this country moves forward. It will be federally legal whether you like it or not.

You are in denial and you know it.

It’s bad for you. You can at least have the self-awareness to admit it.

Says the guy that championed the '94 Crime Bill.

Man, they're desperate as hell right now. Wonder why..
The entire country supported the 94 crime bill. Democrats were touted as 'week on crime' for decades and the bill got bipartisan support

It never became contentious till his recent run for presidency and in truth if never ran, it would never be an issue.

Yes, you are.

Nobody ever gets second hand smoke from me.
Now let's talk about drunks being more prone to violence and being completely unable to control themselves.. be it driving. Or anger .

If you think booze is OK to be legal. You're insane to think weed is somehow worse.

Not only that is people rotting in jail for basic possession even a thing? Every state I've lived in you either get a small ticket or the bond amount is so small that you just leave the next morning.........

Everyone I've heard of in my area that screams "i'm rotting in jail for having a little bit of weed" 9 times out of 10 is actually in Jail because of other charges that happened the same time as the possession (evading arrest, driving without a license/insurance, having prior warrants).

Or possession wasn’t the original offense, but it was pleaded to that from something more serious

You are in denial and you know it.

It’s bad for you. You can at least have the self-awareness to admit it.
Thousands of years of use, anecdotal reports, and extensive research shows that cannabis is one of the safest medicines in the world. As well it is impossible to consume enough in any dose to be fatal. The worst that will happen to you is that you will end up falling asleep. And sure second hand smoke isn't good for anyone but it is far less toxic than second hand cigarette smoke.

Also, I find it funny you want Marijuana to be illegal but alcohol to be legal. Every year more than 140,000 people die from excessive alcohol use and in 2019 23,780 people died from cirrhosis of the liver due to alcohol abuse and the amount of people who are dying from it is trending upwards. As well drunk drivers cause upwards of 17,000 fatalities every year which is a lot more than those who drive while high. Granted I think nobody should be driving in any altered state if you do end up behind the wheel you are much more likely to get into accident drunk then high. You are out of touch with reality if you think alcohol should be legal and Marijuana should not. Marijuana is infinitely more times safer than alcohol and that is a fact that you cannot dispute. In fact Marijuana is much safer than most all drugs available right now.

Quite a lot of detail in this thread - but basically, he wants to end ruining lives and opportunities for people who enjoy (and enjoyed) weed.

Sounds sensible.

so it will be legal on the federal level soon ?

Did you miss the failure of rehabilitation, the prison overpopulation and the shift in opinion of the majority? That's three arguments for pardoning those currently convicted.

No, those are arguments for changing the legislation. They are not arguments for a presidential pardon. A presidential pardon is -in practice- something you get for good behaviour, not because the president does not like the penalty scale or there's a purported majority in favor of it. And - being the judicial deus ex machina nuclear bomb that it is - a serious office holder would only excercise that power in exceptional circumstances, not because he wants to trend on twitter prior to the midterm elections.
Finally, since the pardon is only for people sentenced to home confinement, prison overpopulation or rehablitation does not even factor into it. So don't bring it up again itt.

For god's sake, a presidential pardon isn't even a legislative change. People can still be jailed for possession. You'd think maybe you'd want to start there, instead of invalidating the entire judicial system up to and including October 6? Or rather, the judicial system on a federal level - the pardon doesn't even apply to convictions under state law, which is how I assume the majority of Americans are tried for marijuana felonies. Like, do you people understand just what a stupid, ass-backwards nothingburger this is?

https://www.justice.gov/pardon/frequently-asked-questions#:~:text=A pardon is an expression,It does not signify innocence.

https://www.justice.gov/pardon/presidential-proclamation-marijuana-possession

https://constitution.congress.gov/browse/essay/artII-S2-C1-3-1/ALDE_00013316/

Yes, you are.
Edibles it is then!

so basically Biden's pardoning zero people?

There's a headline, propaganda, and voilà he's the greatest President of our lifetime

Vote Blue No Matter Who next month, ya buncha lemmings

Thousands of years of use, anecdotal reports, and extensive research shows that cannabis is one of the safest medicines in the world. As well it is impossible to consume enough in any dose to be fatal. The worst that will happen to you is that you will end up falling asleep. And sure second hand smoke isn't good for anyone but it is far less toxic than second hand cigarette smoke.

Also, I find it funny you want Marijuana to be illegal but alcohol to be legal. Every year more than 140,000 people die from excessive alcohol use and in 2019 23,780 people died from cirrhosis of the liver due to alcohol abuse and the amount of people who are dying from it is trending upwards. As well drunk drivers cause upwards of 17,000 fatalities every year which is a lot more than those who drive while high. Granted I think nobody should be driving in any altered state if you do end up behind the wheel you are much more likely to get into accident drunk then high. You are out of touch with reality if you think alcohol should be legal and Marijuana should not. Marijuana is infinitely more times safer than alcohol and that is a fact that you cannot dispute. In fact Marijuana is much safer than most all drugs available right now.

You are so wrong that I don’t even know where to begin.

Also, thanks for straw-manning me as some kind of alcohol advocate. I’m not.

<YeahOKJen>

No, those are arguments for changing the legislation. They are not arguments for a presidential pardon. A presidential pardon is -in practice- something you get for good behaviour, not because the president does not like the penalty scale or there's a purported majority in favor of it. And - being the judicial deus ex machina nuclear bomb that it is - a serious office holder would only excercise that power in exceptional circumstances, not because he wants to trend on twitter prior to the midterm elections.
Finally, since the pardon is only for people sentenced to home confinement, prison overpopulation or rehablitation does not even factor into it. So don't bring it up again itt.

For god's sake, a presidential pardon isn't even a legislative change. People can still be jailed for possession. You'd think maybe you'd want to start there, instead of invalidating the entire judicial system up to and including October 6? Or rather, the judicial system on a federal level - the pardon doesn't even apply to convictions under state law, which is how I assume the majority of Americans are tried for marijuana felonies. Like, do you people understand just what a stupid, ass-backwards nothingburger this is?

https://www.justice.gov/pardon/frequently-asked-questions#:~:text=A pardon is an expression,It does not signify innocence.

https://www.justice.gov/pardon/presidential-proclamation-marijuana-possession

https://constitution.congress.gov/browse/essay/artII-S2-C1-3-1/ALDE_00013316/
You don’t really get to define what a pardon is for. There is no “in practice”.

the exploding prison population and the ridiculous cost to tax payers to support it is one glaring reason to not continue to jail civilIans for past minor offenses.

For fucks sake.

CHANGING THE LEGISLATION would prevent civilians from being jailed for "minor offenses". A PRESIDENTIAL PARDON does not. Are you wilfully failing to get the point?

Back