Group conditioning workout:

1000 meter row
Deadlifts 5,5,3,2,1,1
Squats 8,5,5,3,2,2
500 meter row
50 box jumps
50 crunches

1/2 mile jog

We held pads for each other for about 10 rounds, switching with new people each round.

Then practiced checking kicks and returning with a switch kick
Practiced catching the body kick while stepping away from impact, then returning with a knee or off balancing by throwing leg across and returning.

Grappling day

Practiced funk rolls from various positions, from sprawl, on butt from double leg, side control, bailing on armbar etc.

Also arm in guillotines trapping the arm with the leg/hip like Bader does

Then a bunch of live grappling. Very fun practice, got a lot of work in. 3 1/2 hr practice.

Last edited:
Crossfit-
1000 m row
6 min amrap set of 15's
-thrusters
-kb swings
10 min amrap set of 10's
-medicine ball slams
-dumbell snatch's
-crunches
6 rounds of pull ups, push ups, air squats
-5,10,15 respectively

Bag work circuit 3 min rounds, about 6? rounds, 1 round with coach and focus mits

Coach went over body kicks

Then we paired up with thai pads and threw 50 kicks each leg

Also the match maker called me and my opponent pulled out for my pro debut. So he is looking for a replacement, but he told me not to worry about it and he will get me one.

Last edited:
4/24/15

Sparring day, had 9x3 min rounds against different opponents

4/25/15

Got in some pad work and light rolling, helping a friend get in some extra work before watching the fights

Morning weight: 210

Bag work

Muay Thai clinching, working on off balancing opponent and throwing a knee

Light sparring, several rounds

Got off a lot of good slips and counters were on point.

Warmed up with a bunch of mobility work focusing on hip movement
Footwork drills with bands attached to ankles (lunges, "stepping over the fence", etc)
Deadlifts 4x15 135lbs
Squats 4x5, 1x10 135 lbs
Box jumps 4x10

Took turns holding pads for a few rounds, various drills focusing on entering and exiting (footwork)

Coached up on entering the Thai clinch various ways

Clinch work against team mates semi live, light knees

Update on opponent - Got a replacement that's 2-2, he hasn't signed the contract yet however.

Well practice today was hell. Was already sore from yesterday. Glutes mostly.

For some reason they decided to have us do strength and conditioning today also, instead of the usual grappling technique.

I don't even know where to begin to start (or remember)...

Yeah screw it, basically all upper body lifts. A lot of them fast paced. Finished with 6 rounds of battle ropes.

Then we did circuits on the bags all rotating on different bags.

4/30/15

Mobility work for the hips and lots of stretching, super sore.

Worked on a 1,2 switch kick and hook to the body followed by a head kick

Then grappled hard several rounds. Was hitting funk rolls left and right.

5/1/15

Light day, all technique work striking

Worked on cutting off the cage

Not dropping hands when changing direction

Also circling and trying to keep from being cut off
-circling left popping jabs to land a cross, roll under and throw the cross into circling right, until they over commit and throw the straight, hook, straight finished with 2 jabs back to circling left with a bit of a pivot or angle on the first jab then repeat.

Getting the opponent to over step in your direction and land a leg kick

One of our fighter's took a short notice fight this weekend, today was mostly focused on working him over and helping him with what we think he needs to work on based upon his opponents videos. Also did alot of grappling.

Crossfit workout

5 rounds of

Squats 95lbs 5 reps
15 ball squats
95 lb deadlifts
over head press 95 lbs 5 times
5 dips
15 kettlebell swings

Then 1000 m row

Core work, plank, crunches, v ups

Bagwork and padwork to finish, practiced elbows and how to set up a couple.

My opponent finally signed his contract for our fight today. Fight is at the end of the month.

Splurged a little on the weekend diet wise for the May Pac fight, diet back on track today.

Grappling today

Worked various sweeps from half guard and lock down, don't know their names
Technique drills for probably 30-45 mins

Then live rolling for about an hour and a half

Tough practice, went really hard and I went between partners without breaks. Was catching high elbow guillotines all practice.

Last edited:
Got to practice a little early and grappled a little before practice started.

Practice was mainly bag work (8, 3 min rounds) and working on our sprawls in mid combination.

Very light practice, was very nice.

Practiced

Body shots

Blocking body shots

Blocking and countering body shots

Shovel punches

Sparred for 6, 3 min rounds about 70% focus mainly on defense, countering and body shots

Skipped practice today, have an interview in the morning to get into a school program. So I took off to better prepare myself and get everything ready.

Edit: Practiced my cleans at home for a quick workout, plugged numbers into a 531 calculator based off of a 235 lb clean @ 90%

135x5
155x5
175x5

Last edited:
Hard sparring today, boxing only

Shark tanks 3, 3 min rounds then switch guys in the middle

Grappling

Practiced ninja chokes and darces

15th: Didn't practice Friday (15th) went to watch some local fights.

16th: Fight is in two weeks. I start my weight cut tomorrow, weighed 214 this morning. Fight is at 195 so currently 19 lbs over.

Did some beauty muscle workouts for fun - chest, abs, biceps :)

Last edited:
17th: Still low carb dieting, dropped down to 2100 cals. Probably a bit too low, but I want to get a head start just in case. I know a person holds less water in ketosis so I am not sure if I can cut my typical amount (first fight on ketosis).

Last edited:
Woke up at 212 this morning. Plan on fighting at 185 in the future so thinking about using this fight as a test cut to see how far I think I can go. That being said once I start dehydrating I may change my mind once I make 195.

Coach was out today so I taught setting up take downs with punches and defending take downs against the cage. Then I got a little work in myself at the end grappling a bit.

Back