BEVERLY HILLS COP 4 Starring Eddie Murphy in the Works

Dragonlordxxxxx

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
BEVERLY HILLS COP 4 Starring Eddie Murphy in the Works from Netflix

xneflpz.jpg

Beverly Hills Cop Axel Foley will come back to active duty…for Netflix. Paramount has made a one-time license deal — with an option for a sequel — that will enable Netflix to make the fourth installment of the film with Eddie Murphy and producer Jerry Bruckheimer.

The studio had been developing a reboot for awhile. It is another example of studios striking inventive deals with Netflix at a time when long gestating sequels like The Shining followup Doctor Sleep, The Terminator: Dark Fate and Zombieland: Double Tap have been hard pressed to measure up to the grosses of their predecessors, with at least two of them in line to lose money because of the high cost of P&A.

This deal gives Netflix a sexy title with a big star and it gives Paramount an opportunity to reap revenue on a library title. Paramount launched the franchise in 1984 with the Martin Brest original, followed by a Tony Scott-directed second installment in 1987 and a third by John Landis in 1994.

This is the third deal between Paramount and Netflix after the streamer acquired Cloverfield: God Particle, which it launched with a surprise Super Bowl spot and a release after the 2018 game and acquired offshore rights on the Alex Garland-directed Annihilation with Natalie Portman, 17 days after its U.S. release by Paramount. Netflix made a similar deal with New Line when it took foreign on last year’s Shaft. All of those deals were for finished films; Netflix will work with Murphy and Bruckheimer to get a scripts and director and finance the Beverly Hills Cop reboot and release it on the streaming service.

Paramount has attempted numerous iterations of Beverly Hills Cop over the past few years, including an attempted TV series that Murphy was going to star in, but which never quite made it to the start line.

https://deadline.com/2019/11/beverl...ruckheimer-paramount-license-deal-1202785458/

Pass...

They gonna make it look like some Rush Hour/Fast Furious type ish..

The first BHC is my favorite Eddie Murphy movie so I’ll be watching it. The first two were really good but the third was pretty forgettable. Still have hope with the return of R rated Eddie Murphy.

It's cool in a way. Like old Rocky, old Indiana Jones, old Terminator, old ...

If it wasn't for the FACT that all of those movies were solely made for money. Or nostalgia.

The first BHC is my favorite Eddie Murphy movie so I’ll be watching it. The first two were really good but the third was pretty forgettable. Still have hope with the return of R rated Eddie Murphy.
Eddie is the only one of the original cast that still looks good for his age. Everyone else looks like they should be slumped over a chair in a retirement home, even Judge Reinhold

Eddie Murphy’s return is a big question mark to me right now. His upcoming standup special, his reprisal of classic 80s roles... it could either bomb completely flat, be mediocre, decent, good, or amazing. I’ve no idea.

HighYellowishFirefly-size_restricted.gif

Eddie is the only one of the original cast that still looks good for his age. Everyone else looks like they should be slumped over a chair in a retirement home, even Judge Reinhold

Taggart and Bogamil would definitely be retired by this point. Rosewood will probably be the new captain or Bogamil. Gotta find a way to throw Serge in there somehow.

Whatever Eddie Murphy once had, he lost a while ago.

And the expectations on this movie will ensure its failure.

Especially since they'll probably force-feed a transgender partner on him and make all the smart characters female other than axel.

Whatever Eddie Murphy once had, he lost a while ago.

And the expectations on this movie will ensure its failure.

Especially since they'll probably force-feed a transgender partner on him and make all the smart characters female other than axel.
lol @ Transgender being force-fed on Eddie....He'll probably request it with his history.

I love BHC 1-3 I rewatch them from time to time. I don't see this doing well but I'll check it out.

Dolemite reset the Eddie Murphy barometer for me, so I’ll give it a chance.

It's cool in a way. Like old Rocky, old Indiana Jones, old Terminator, old ...

If it wasn't for the FACT that all of those movies were solely made for money. Or nostalgia.
So what is an acceptable reason to remake an old movie? Or make any movie for that matter?

So what is an acceptable reason to remake an old movie? Or make any movie for that matter?

An accepatable reason to remake a movie is if you're you're not doing it for the sake of easy money, but for artistic purposes.

Paramount has attempted numerous iterations of Beverly Hills Cop over the past few years, including an attempted TV series that Murphy was going to star in, but which never quite made it to the start line.

I wonder if they could have pulled a show off? I ask, because the Lethal Weapon TV series wasn't that bad before the dickhead playing Riggs messed the chemistry up and got fired. With Murphy as the lead it could have been decent if handled right IMO.

I’m just glad Eddie is back, looking forward to “Coming 2 America”

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
obrad
Back