Betting on Hop Vs. Calz

I like Joe, but I don't think you can make BHop uncomfortable. Hes been in there with the best at their primes. Hes not exactly in his prime anymore, but he's always been old. I think hes just too smart to beat down. Maybe close decision, but not beat.

Anyways, at the odds, and with Hop being an underdog I'm def. dropping a little money on him.

if bhop has the power he had when he hurt tarver he'll be fine. i'm watching the countdown and hopkins is no dummy using four of the best coaches for the fight. i'm surprised more fighters don't use mackey shilstone.

Thats the other thing. He looks like hes going to be realllly prepared for this fight. Has Joe ever faced anyone who can switch styles so effortlessly durring a fight? Or gameplan like him?

Obviously not. Nobody has, before they fight Hopkins. There's nothing like him in the modern game. He's from a different era.

Here's a hint

whitemen3.jpg

:D :D :D

J/k thought that picture was hilarious.

haha he will never lose to a white boy haha i dont think he will either

I want B Hop to win so I can pick on Brit/Scott and all the other Euro Sherdoggers.

I feel sorry for all of you American guys and gals because you have bet against a fighter that has caused that many upsets I have lost count. Joe probably won't beat Hopkins convincingly however he will win. Putting money on Hopkins is like throwing money down the drain. Saying Hopkins is a better fighter than Joe is like saying PS1 is better than PS3. You Americans can't win them all and you should know that by now.

I feel sorry for all of you American guys and gals because you have bet against a fighter that has caused that many upsets I have lost count. Joe probably won't beat Hopkins convincingly however he will win. Putting money on Hopkins is like throwing money down the drain. Saying Hopkins is a better fighter than Joe is like saying PS1 is better than PS3. You Americans can't win them all and you should know that by now.

Honestly, I can't think of another fighter that has caused more upsets then Hopkins. And upsets against legends too, not Kesslers and Lacy's.
Plus according to the odds, Hop is the underdog. Joe is SUPPOST to win this. And hes favored to win by a large margine too!

Does anybody know if Hopkins used the same three fight coach with one fitness coach combo when he trained for Tarver? I watched Coutdown on HBO and it just seemed like too many chefs in the kitchen. At least according to Roach, they stay out of each other's way, but I am not really sure how that's possible with that many coaches.

Calzaghe can beat Hopkins but I'm not sure if he can beat the judges or Cortez. Hopefully that won't be a factor but it makes B-Hop the favourite in my opinon.

Calzaghe can beat Hopkins but I'm not sure if he can beat the judges or Cortez. Hopefully that won't be a factor but it makes B-Hop the favourite in my opinon.

Oh lord, here we go...

Sorry, boxing hasn't produced a "Great White Hope" since Marciano.

This guy isnt going to beat Hopkins.

Several months ago the line opened at

-295 calzaghe
+235 hopkins

its now

-230 calzaghe
+180 hopkins

I think calzaghe is the better fighter here. I anticipate the line to get better for joe and the line to go down for hopkins. Since i am pretty sure joe is gonna take the fight, i'll wait till it gets below -200 to put money on him.

The thing that impresses me most about calzaghe is he's an energy fighter. he's well rounded and can shift gears. watching hopkins for years, i have never gotten the sense he can take the energy of joe.

I have the fight going 116-112 or 115-113 UD for calzaghe is a relatively boring fight. it will probably be a little slow and even first 4-5 rounds and near the end calzaghe will just pour it on.

Back