Betting on Hop Vs. Calz

Zodiak_Killer

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I was looking at this site (betandwin) and they have Hopkins as a fairly big underdog.
I think it was 2.9 (so you win 2.9x the money you put down or $29 for every 10 you put down not including original bet)
I thought Calz would be the underdog honestly. but they have him at like 1.4 I think.

This sounds like a really smart bet to me. You think its worth it?

I just looked on Betfair at they have Hopkins at 3.2, Calzaghe at 1.48.

Hopkins odds are pretty good though I don't think he's going to win.

I figured the fight was 50:50
Well I have Hop winning, so I'm kinda confused why the odds are so skewed. He's been old forever and won. Has something changed?

I figured the fight was 50:50
Well I have Hop winning, so I'm kinda confused why the odds are so skewed. He's been old forever and won. Has something changed?

Whats changed is hes fighting Calzaghe.

Potential draw?

Hopkins will have no problem crowding and roughhousing Joe, which is a compelling reason to bet the dog on this one.

Actually Hopkins will have problems crowding and roughhousing Joe. He isn't as fast or as strong as Joe is, and if he thinks just because he is "from da streetz" that he can have his way with Calzaghe, he has another thing coming to him. Calzaghe is going to keep him off with his speed, workrate, slick defense and unorthodox movements, and it isn't exactly like Bernard has KO power anymore. Calzaghe took some bombs from Kessler without any real moments of danger, and I don't see what Hopkins could possibly do to Joe that Kessler couldn't, other than hit him on the hip when the ref is trying to break them up. Joe is going to make Bernard look really old.

I can't decide on this one. I think Hopkins is going to land the better shots, but I think Calzaghe will outwork him.

I'm going to pick Calzaghe because I want to see Hopkins' surprised face when the decision is read, like with Taylor.

Here's a hint

whitemen3.jpg

:D :D :D

J/k thought that picture was hilarious.

I'm getting more and more confident that Hopkins is going to win, as the fight draws near. I just think he's gonna make it his fight, control the pace, rough up Calzaghe and get the decision. I think Joe will freeze up a bit coming over here to fight as well, away from the friendly crowd in Wales.

if bhop has the power he had when he hurt tarver he'll be fine. i'm watching the countdown and hopkins is no dummy using four of the best coaches for the fight. i'm surprised more fighters don't use mackey shilstone.

Back