Better overall Hip Hop artist: El-P or Kanye West?

Since when is 808's this masterpiece? You fucks gonna start blowing Cudi for his influence on Ye while making that album?

Over his last few albums Ye has a team of people helping him.

I mentioned Ye channelling his influences like Big Sean, Chief Keef, Death Grips and Justin Vernon, throwing them into a blender, and still turning that juice into an album that sounds like a Kanye album. Yeezus, with all its sonic uniqueness relative to the rest of Kanye's catalog, is still a classic and one of the most beloved rap albums of the last decade.

While I do actually love the music of "808's", most critics found it pretty underwhelming for a Kanye album. After all, Kanye's a rapper and a producer. He's not much of a R&B singer. However, prior to that album (and others), R&B and rap were still very much divided. Rappers looked at R&B dudes as corny. Kanye was at the forefront of that gap being bridged with 808's. Obviously, Cudi started to pick up steam shortly after when 'Day N Nite' finally got popular.

I also don't mind if artists have help creating their music. Their co-creators deserve credit too but the music is what matters. I don't care if Drake singlehandedly wrote "Nothing Was The Same" because the album is still a classic.

El-P and Kanye are both great.

Why do people always describe Kanye West as an asshole when he is a 1st class citizen when it comes to the rap genre ? He has no history of gang related activity (just gives paparazzi the jab), carrying firearms, domestic violence, or drug trafficking. His songs do not promote dangerous activities such hardcore drug usage or gang activities. He also does not have kids with multiple women. The real assholes are Dr. Dre, Biggie Smalls, and Tupac.

Kanye West helped pave the way for non-gang rappers. You can say you don't like him due to the autotune or swag rapping or fashion or being soft, but his character is not an issue.

"Fashion slave, you protestin' to get in a fuckin' look book" - Killer Mike

Last edited:
Ye has one classic album and one near classic. I hate Ye? You two hacks done blowing each other yet? Lol

as long as your done rewriting history.

one classic
P5s4g4m.png

El-P and Kanye are both great.

Why do people always describe Kanye West as an asshole when he is a 1st class citizen when it comes to the rap genre ?

because he interrupted americas favorite white girl and insulted a president on national television....thats all

Over his last few albums Ye has a team of people helping him.

mark of a true artist. how well he works with others and incorporating everyones ideas to fit his overall narrative. he works with ppl that he looks up to or ppl who are doing different things musically.

to act like his ability to work with others is a crutch is stupid

mark of a true artist. how well he works with others and incorporating everyones ideas to fit his overall narrative. he works with ppl that he looks up to or ppl who are doing different things musically.

to act like his ability to work with others is a crutch is stupid

To act like it isn't it's a mark of idiocy. I'm going to keep giving Dre all the credit. Fuck his "co-producers", lol

I mentioned Ye channelling his influences like Big Sean, Chief Keef, Death Grips and Justin Vernon, throwing them into a blender, and still turning that juice into an album that sounds like a Kanye album. Yeezus, with all its sonic uniqueness relative to the rest of Kanye's catalog, is still a classic and one of the most beloved rap albums of the last decade.

While I do actually love the music of "808's", most critics found it pretty underwhelming for a Kanye album. After all, Kanye's a rapper and a producer. He's not much of a R&B singer. However, prior to that album (and others), R&B and rap were still very much divided. Rappers looked at R&B dudes as corny. Kanye was at the forefront of that gap being bridged with 808's. Obviously, Cudi started to pick up steam shortly after when 'Day N Nite' finally got popular.

I also don't mind if artists have help creating their music. Their co-creators deserve credit too but the music is what matters. I don't care if Drake singlehandedly wrote "Nothing Was The Same" because the album is still a classic.

Drake and classic? Definitely don't need to respond to you anymore... Lol

Can't take shit you type seriously anymore. Noted. I think I realized this a while ago though.

lol i don't blame you. Him and roosta shoota are not someone i can take seriously when it comes to hip hop music.

lol i don't blame you. Him and roosta shoota are not someone i can take seriously when it comes to hip hop music.

I get it. If u dropped as many jewels as I do I'd be in my feelings too.

Truth is, yall two got some hilariously bad opinions when it's come to this stuff. And I'm sure u could say the same about me. Difference is I actually talk about why something is the way it is, whereas with u fellers, yall just dismiss everything

Drake and classic? Definitely don't need to respond to you anymore... Lol

See this is what I was talking about. He gives u a very well thought out response n all u have to reply with is the usual sheepdog attitude of try to be funny/witty/dismissive first. If that's all u have in your arsenal then u shouldn't reply to anyone. BUT if u have n actual opinion that u can formulate into a couple well thought out lines then I'd love to read it.

Nwts was an close to a classic album. Hell just listening to Tuscan leather u can feel that it's an entirely different experience than anything else he had released since,

To act like it isn't it's a mark of idiocy. I'm going to keep giving Dre all the credit. Fuck his "co-producers", lol

2 heads are better than one. Give Dre credit? Took him 16 years to put out an overall above mediocre album. N u act like he's never had a co producer in his entire career

I get it. If u dropped as many jewels as I do I'd be in my feelings too.

Truth is, yall two got some hilariously bad opinions when it's come to this stuff. And I'm sure u could say the same about me. Difference is I actually talk about why something is the way it is, whereas with u fellers, yall just dismiss everything

Stop talking

Damn. Didn't take long for u to prove my point. Just humiliating urself at this point

He's right. No need To elaborate. Him being succinct and your bullshit flowing like diarrhea doesn't invalidate his perspective, lol.

Re: me saying Kanye's ego strangled his ability circa 02. I'm misremembering. In my head I was younger when he broke out. Probably should've said around 06 when he got too big for his britches, but I stand by it.

You're right. I've been wrong the whole time. I need to learn to appreciate real hip hop. Is this lyrical enough for you?

Back