Better overall Hip Hop artist: El-P or Kanye West?

Canye can't even touch tracks like this. He can't produce beats like this or write deep lyrics either.

Instrumentals are nice too..

I'm a huge El-P fanboy and think that Kanye has put out some of the most overrated music (as well as a large handful of classics) in recent years

Gimme El, his music speaks to my soul

Kanye is on another level production wise.

tumblr_lwg5nqw2ta1qzjix8.gif

Clearly you never even heard of The Cold Vein, let alone listened to it before.

Clearly you never even heard of The Cold Vein, let alone listened to it before.

I had not. Like I said, I haven't heard much of him other than the one album.

I've played a few tracks from it now. I'm a lot more impressed by this than what I've previously heard. It's hard to compare because this guy is from another era. I still think Kanye is a lot better in several ways but I could understand favoring this. Most of El-P's modern stuff seems way outdated, though.

I've played a few tracks from it now. I'm a lot more impressed by this than what I've previously heard. It's hard to compare because this guy is from another era. I still think Kanye is a lot better in several ways but I could understand favoring this. Most of El-P's modern stuff seems way outdated, though.

Dude, you're whack as fuck.

Dude, you're whack as fuck.

Unless I'm missing the sarcasm, that's a pretty uncalled for response to an otherwise level headed poster stating his opinion.

It's attitudes like this that generally keep me far away from any hip hop related discussions.

Dude, you're whack ** ****.

*censored for CatchOmega

I understand were you think that and I agree but I love the sound. He has older type beats. 808s drum machines and shit.

Last edited:
I understand were you think that and I agree but I love the sound. He has older type beats. 808s drum machines.

This was my favorite track from that album, it's pretty good. Everybody loves the 808, it's the classic. You can do so much with it but it's still great used traditionally. It's all subjective, another reason it's hard to compare someone from another era.

Before I answer, I'd like to know what other black people think.

Unless I'm missing the sarcasm, that's a pretty uncalled for response to an otherwise level headed poster stating his opinion.

It's attitudes like this that generally keep me far away from any hip hop related discussions.

Yeah shits toxic to talk about on here

Ye all day.

Any other answer is just a try hard attempt to "break from the mainstream"

Also OP u forgot influence as a factor.

You really dont know shit about Hip Hop, why do you think nobody posts in your lousy hip hop thread. All you post is commercial rap crap up in the club. Drake lol, guarantee you're from Canada also.

You really dont know shit about Hip Hop, why do you think nobody posts in your lousy hip hop thread. All you post is commercial rap crap up in the club. Drake lol, guarantee you're from Canada also.

ohhh ok

Back