Better chin - Prime Condit or Hagler?

Lol, throw Condit in the boxing ring with prime Tommy Hearns and he ends up dead

Hmmm deep analysis by you but are you considering the fact that he doesn’t even compete in that sport

If Lebron went to the MLB tomorrow he would catch that work

If you took every human on the planet and had them throw a punch without a glove on, professional boxers would overwhelmingly hit the hardest.

I think we'll get a pretty good look at this whenever the notoriously pillow fisted Paulie beats poor Artem to death in a month without any gloves on.

artem is on more PEDs than russia right now ... and pauli is fat and out of shape.

Artem is younger than Pauli ... i dont know man ... father time is undefeated.

i hope im wrong :)

If you took every human on the planet and had them throw a punch without a glove on, professional boxers would overwhelmingly hit the hardest.

I think we'll get a pretty good look at this whenever the notoriously pillow fisted Paulie beats poor Artem to death in a month without any gloves on.
Boxers will punch harder more frequently though different standup situations in a boxing match. Throwing a single proper power punch isn’t exactly rocket science and doesn’t take years and years of practice to master. Putting them together and with footwork and defense does.

Boxing guys punch harder.

Definitely Hagler. Some food for thought Hearns ko'd Duran early and Duran had an iron chin.
VrhB5dR.gif

Duran got back right up after that punch

You realise mechanics change with gloves?
The distance changes.

I agree with boxer punching harder overall, but they dont punch as hard without the gloves than with the gloves....

The mechanics only change in mma because of the threats of takedowns, kicks, etc. Not because of the gloves. Watch Canelo punch and tell me that mother fucker wouldnt punch just as hard with 4 oz gloves.

Boxers will punch harder more frequently though different standup situations in a boxing match. Throwing a single proper power punch isn’t exactly rocket science and doesn’t take years and years of practice to master. Putting them together and with footwork and defense does.

Boxers are just flat out better punchers. In all situations. You give them one power punch? The guys that use picture perfect technique will hit harder.

If you asked me what would I rather get hit by, a GGG jab with no gloves or Conor hitting me with his overhand left with no gloves, I'd let Conor hit me no doubt. He'd knock me out. But GGG would break my face. I'll take a concussion over a broken face.

Hagler, of course. Boxers hit a lot harder and more precise.

is hagler more talented than adensaya?
<30>

Adesanya would kick Hagler to death so he'd win in an MMA fight. But you know that Silva BS he does where he doesn't use a guard he just uses exaggerated head movement? If Izzy let Hagler get anywhere in range, he'd be donezo.

Adesanya would kick Hagler to death so he'd win in an MMA fight. But you know that Silva BS he does where he doesn't use a guard he just uses exaggerated head movement? If Izzy let Hagler get anywhere in range, he'd be donezo.

that wasnt my question.

He said:" Give Hagler a year to drill defending double legs and he's a champ in no time"

Adensaya took MMA srsly 2 years ago. I just wanted to know if Hagler is more talented than Adensaya and could do it all in 1 year.

The mechanics only change in mma because of the threats of takedowns, kicks, etc. Not because of the gloves. Watch Canelo punch and tell me that mother fucker wouldnt punch just as hard with 4 oz gloves.
I would.

Gloves are there to protect the hand, look at how many fighters easily break their hands without gloves. Gloves allow you to punch harder as the hand is protected. There would still be protection with wraps and 4 oz gloves, but I still think they would punch harder with 8-10oz etc.

that wasnt my question.

He said:" Give Hagler a year to drill defending double legs and he's a champ in no time"

Adensaya took MMA srsly 2 years ago. I just wanted to know if Hagler is more talented than Adensaya and could do it all in 1 year.

Well, Adesanya was a kickboxer. So he had both elements of MMA standup already.

I often think about an elite boxer joining the UFC. I legitimately believe that after 2 years of training they'd be title contenders. But they'd lose to all the wrestlers they faced.

You know what a pro boxer would probably look like in MMA? Aaron Pico with a chin and higher IQ. (I know Pico is an elite wrestler, but he doesn't use it)

Boxers are just flat out better punchers. In all situations. You give them one power punch? The guys that use picture perfect technique will hit harder.

If you asked me what would I rather get hit by, a GGG jab with no gloves or Conor hitting me with his overhand left with no gloves, I'd let Conor hit me no doubt. He'd knock me out. But GGG would break my face. I'll take a concussion over a broken face.

Nah. Again throwing one punch with perfect technique isnt rocket science. Mma fighters train to do that.

Your point on ggg or Conor makes no sense.

Lol, throw Condit in the boxing ring with prime Tommy Hearns and he ends up dead
Good chance Hagler would get Ktfo by GSP or Hendricks gnp as well. , TS is asking about chin strength, not placing one in the others sport. it’s incomparable due to the different nature of the sports - rules, glove size, etc.

Nah. Again throwing one punch with perfect technique isnt rocket science. Mma fighters train to do that.

Your point on ggg or Conor makes no sense.

No, it makes sense.

I'm saying GGG's softest punch is harder than Conor's hardest punch. And i don't think it's close.

No, it makes sense.

I'm saying GGG's softest punch is harder than Conor's hardest punch. And i don't think it's close.
That’s just ridiculous. There’s literally zero reason to believe that.

No, it makes sense.

conor in his correct weight class (boxing) = pillow fisted compared to other boxers.

i think even pauli has more power ... lol.

That’s just ridiculous. There’s literally zero reason to believe that.

I've seen Conor throw lots of punches. I've seen GGG throw lots of punches. I've concluded that GGG's jab would hurt more than any punch Conor can throw.

Conor's overhand left is a beautiful MMA punch. I've seen him throw it with boxing gloves on. It loses almost all of it's power.

GGG's jab is a beautiful punch in elite boxing. I've seen him snap guys heads back and i've seen the look in their eyes after they get hit with it. It's devastating. GGG put the fear of god into Gabe Rosado with his jab. He was knocking him back into the ropes with it.

I've seen Conor throw lots of punches. I've seen GGG throw lots of punches. I've concluded that GGG's jab would hurt more than any punch Conor can throw.

Conor's overhand left is a beautiful MMA punch. I've seen him throw it with boxing gloves on. It loses almost all of it's power.

GGG's jab is a beautiful punch in elite boxing. I've seen him snap guys heads back and i've seen the look in their eyes after they get hit with it. It's devastating. GGG put the fear of god into Gabe Rosado with his jab. He was knocking him back into the ropes with it.
Again you said without gloves on. The idea that his jab is harder than a power shot from Conor is absurd. You don’t really believe that.

Ggg is great. Awesome boxer. Don’t make him into something he’s not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ufc925
Back