Better chin - Prime Condit or Hagler?

Already a yellow.

Just ban.

There is no one in MMA who punches as hard as Tommy Hearns did when he fought at 147 and 155. There is no real point in comparing MMA to boxing. They are very different combat sports, although somewhat related .

tumblr_p3jdssQOUq1u2ragso1_400.gif

Hagler had one of the best chins I've ever seen in combat sports. Condit had a good chin, but never took anything CLOSE to the first round of Hagler/Hearns. You can add up all the bombs Condit has eaten in his career, and he still probably falls short of the number Hagler absorbed in just that one round.

Hagler's chin = God-tier.

This is not a real thread, and you can't convince me otherwise.

Hearns had a glass chin, anyone has a puncher's chance against him.

I do agree that Condit would probably lose though (in straight boxing only)
He didn't have a glass chin as much as he had cardio problems.
Also this is an absolute garbage thread.

The punch harder because the hand is protected, remove that and they dont punch nearly as hard.

This isn't even close to true.

They punch harder because the vast majority of them have done pretty much nothing but throw punches since they were 12 years old. 20+ hours a week for basically their whole life.

Not to mention, that Conor guy hits pretty hard in MMA, and he is arguably the softest puncher I've ever seen in a high level boxing contest. That is not hyperbole. Being good at throwing punches makes you throw harder punches. With big gloves or tiny gloves. Doesn't matter.

Not to mention, that Conor guy hits pretty hard in MMA, and he is arguably the softest puncher I've ever seen in a high level boxing contest. That is not hyperbole. Being good at throwing punches makes you throw harder punches. With big gloves or tiny gloves. Doesn't matter.

You realise mechanics change with gloves?
The distance changes.

I agree with boxer punching harder overall, but they dont punch as hard without the gloves than with the gloves....

Well, yeah. Condit wasn't an elite boxer. I doubt Hagler would've faired well in a cage out of his element with shins and knees bouncing off his dome.
Give Hagler a year to drill defending double legs and he's a champ in no time

You realise mechanics change with gloves?
The distance changes.

I agree with boxer punching harder overall, but they dont punch as hard without the gloves than with the gloves....

If you took every human on the planet and had them throw a punch without a glove on, professional boxers would overwhelmingly hit the hardest.

I think we'll get a pretty good look at this whenever the notoriously pillow fisted Paulie beats poor Artem to death in a month without any gloves on.

Gotta say Hagler, in general his opponents hit much harder...

Back