bethe correa seems pretty cool

• Thread starter Deleted member 429453
  • Start date
To be honest, I have been very impressed with her determination since the loss. Not a massive fan but have a lot of respect for the way she's trying to seal up the holes in her game. I wouldn't be surprised to see her retire within the next 2-3 years though as I just don't see her getting the belt. If she keeps improving though, who knows, she isn't old or anything.

This

Tate should just train with Hector Lombard everyday, 3 months of getting ragdolled by him and she'll be in much better shape to face Rousey if they meet again, of course she is never going to be an expert in Judo in that time but at least she'll fair much better in getting out of those attempted takedowns or submissions.

ibCf4UUEUXz0N.gif

I am impressed by your performance.

Bethe is awesome, seems like a real cool chick. Ronda would maul her though.

I see what you're saying but I think you're a little off. I mean I recall Miesha getting huge support fighting Liz following the RR fight. She is quite popular amongst the casual viewer even if not with the sherdog posters. We must remember that they are very different fan bases.

I think you may have misinterpreted what I was saying. Miesha was one of the more popular female fighters even before the show.

My point was that the huge overwhelming support she received in comparison to Ronda in that specific fight had more to do with people cheering against Ronda than all those people being true Miesha fans.

Also I think Ronda not shaking her hand was a factor in people rooting for her against Liz. That moment really solidified Ronda as the bad guy and Miesha as the good guy in their "rivalry".

I think you may have misinterpreted what I was saying. Miesha was one of the more popular female fighters even before the show.

My point was that the huge overwhelming support she received in comparison to Ronda in that specific fight had more to do with people cheering against Ronda than all those people being true Miesha fans.

Also I think Ronda not shaking her hand was a factor in people rooting for her against Liz. That moment really solidified Ronda as the bad guy and Miesha as the good guy in their "rivalry".

Ok, sorry, I misunderstood. I thought you meant Miesha was only popular because people disliked RR. I do agree with your point but I think the reason people was so against Ronda certainly was partly due to them liking Tate.

Oh & regarding the Tate/Rousey rivalry
It was perfect because it was the typical HS thing with the girly-girl vs the tomboy.
You saw the personal insecurities from Ronda come through now that viewers no longer felt she was the "pretty fighter" & she took it out on Tate.
Tate played into that perfectly by always smiling at her
It was a great season to watch psychologically
Than Tate lasted past a round & showed that she is indeed tougher than her girly-girl image, but Ronda was still "the man" (no pun intended ... ok maybe a lil"

I don't think Ronda's behavior had anything to do with looks. She's very confident in her physical appeal.

Her behavior was more a result of her competitiveness and her view that Miesha was taking racist shots at Armenians.

She was also pretty mad about Miesha cheering when Shayna lost. Don't know if she was angry because of her competitiveness or because she didn't like Miesha celebrating the loss of someone Miesha claimed was her friend.

I think a bit of both but Ronda's competitiveness was the main factor.

not nearly enough talk in this thread about her best asset.

There's something about bethe that seems cool, she seems to kinda have a cool attitude, dunno what it is??

I think she would struggle with Ronda but she seems to have a sorta fearless approach kinda ready to step up to anyone,

Attitude, spirit, confidence and so on will only take you so far. Attitude can be helpful but only if you have the important bases covered like the right techniques, the ability to move from one to the next, a good game plan, knowing how to keep the fight at your strengths. Then having your body ready for it.

I have seem too many people with great attitudes get smashed by a bored talented person.

Ok, sorry, I misunderstood. I thought you meant Miesha was only popular because people disliked RR. I do agree with your point but I think the reason people was so against Ronda certainly was partly due to them liking Tate.

Of course
Ronda never received heat like that until they showed her acting that way toward Tate
You really cannot separate the two

I don't think Ronda's behavior had anything to do with looks. She's very confident in her physical appeal.

Her behavior was more a result of her competitiveness and her view that Miesha was taking racist shots at Armenians.

She was also pretty mad about Miesha cheering when Shayna lost. Don't know if she was angry because of her competitiveness or because she didn't like Miesha celebrating the loss of someone Miesha claimed was her friend.

I think a bit of both but Ronda's competitiveness was the main factor.

No offense but I think you are insane to think Ronda even believed Tate was being 'racist', it was just a crybaby move.

I also disagree that Ronda is confident in her looks.
She has brought up that people only like Tate due to her ass a few times.

Someone that cannot take a joke & is very petty is far from confident.
Confidence in her fighting? ABSOLUTELY
But if you saw any signs of confidence elsewhere during TUF or the media appearances where she looked on the floor & said things like she did not want to be there, etc., than we are never agreeing

She shows every sign of a very uncomfortable person outside of the octagon & that is textbook "non-confidence"

But as a fighter - HOLY CRAP IS SHE CONFIDENT

Also for the record, I think she is very pretty, but not in a girly-girl way. She would be the hot chick on 95% of the softball teams - she is the hot tomboy.
When she tries to girly it up, she looks linebacker-ish

I think the look is not confidence as much as trying to concentrate, focus, and trying to tune out distractions. She may be confident but I think we are seeing something else when she goes into a fight.

I think the look is not confidence as much as trying to concentrate, focus, and trying to tune out distractions. She may be confident but I think we are seeing something else when she goes into a fight.

That comes from confidence though.
She knows what she can do & how to do it
It is directly related

She is an intense person so that works for her.
IMO

No offense but I think you are insane to think Ronda even believed Tate was being 'racist', it was just a crybaby move.

I also disagree that Ronda is confident in her looks.
She has brought up that people only like Tate due to her ass a few times.

Someone that cannot take a joke & is very petty is far from confident.
Confidence in her fighting? ABSOLUTELY
But if you saw any signs of confidence elsewhere during TUF or the media appearances where she looked on the floor & said things like she did not want to be there, etc., than we are never agreeing

She shows every sign of a very uncomfortable person outside of the octagon & that is textbook "non-confidence"

Also for the record, I think she is very pretty, but not in a girly-girl way. She would be the hot chick on 95% of the softball teams - she is the hot tomboy.
When she tries to girly it up, she looks linebacker-ish

I have no idea why you would think I'm insane for saying that Ronda viewed Miesha antics as being racist attacks against Armenians. She brought it up several times on TUF and in interviews. Do I agree with her that Miesha was being bigoted towards Armenians? No, but that doesn't mean it wasn't her opinion.

As for commenting on Miesha's looks, that doesn't mean she's not confident in her own looks. That means she talks trash about fighters she dislikes. Most people know Ronda is a trash talker when it comes to Miesha. She's also commented on Cyborg being an 'It' that doesn't mean she doesn't have confidence in her own sex.

There really isn't any correlation between what Ronda says about others when she's trash talking and Ronda's own self-image.

Also there's a difference between Ronda being able to take a joke and Ronda being able to take a joke that she viewed as being racist.

Finally, she appears to be very confident outside the cage albeit a bit on the nerdy side. I don't know where you're getting that she's not a confident person. She dislikes Miesha, didn't like TUF, and didn't want to do interviews with Miesha or otherwise go out of her way to promote TUF. That's been made perfectly clear but that has nothing to do with her not being a confident person.

Of course
Ronda never received heat like that until they showed her acting that way toward Tate
You really cannot separate the two

True but was that because people were upset Ronda acted that way or upset Ronda acted that way towards Miesha? Would people have been more accepting if Ronda had acted the exact same way but she was doing it towards Cat instead of Miesha?

Also I'm not sure there's that much of a link between Ronda and Miesha when it comes to Ronda's legacy.

15 years from now I see Ronda still being brought up every time someone talks about Miesha's legacy/career. However, I don't think Miesha will be brought up every time somebody talks about Ronda's legacy/career.

The rivalry with Ronda is basically the main thing Miesha is known for. Ronda, on the other hand, is known for multiple things some good and some bad.

True but was that because people were upset Ronda acted that way or upset Ronda acted that way towards Miesha? Would people have been more accepting if Ronda had acted the exact same way but she was doing it towards Cat instead of Miesha?

It would depend on how Cat acted
I don't see your point man
People popped for Tate because they liked her. It was not just bc they disliked Ronda.

15 years from now I see Ronda still being brought up every time someone talks about Miesha's legacy/career. However, I don't think Miesha will be brought up every time somebody talks about Ronda's legacy/career.

The rivalry with Ronda is basically the main thing Miesha is known for. Ronda, on the other hand, is known for multiple things some good and some bad.

Maybe, but what does that have to do with Tate having a fanbase?

I have no idea why you would think I'm insane for saying that Ronda viewed Miesha antics as being racist attacks against Armenians. She brought it up several times on TUF and in interviews. Do I agree with her that Miesha was being bigoted towards Armenians? No, but that doesn't mean it wasn't her opinion.

Because nobody in their right mind would view a goof on one guys uni-brow as racist
It does not even make sense
Ronda was just trying to be a 3yr old & make up shit to get someone in trouble

I am tapping out before we manipulate the thread man

Enjoy your Sunday

Back