bethe correa seems pretty cool

• Thread starter Deleted member 429453
  • Start date
Then there's people like Tate and that other girl on TUF who are simply baffling in their unappeal.

Yeah when the crowd was 75/25 Tate (when she fought RR2) that showed her "unappeal"

:rolleyes:

"Seems"!? What is this blasphemy? ; )

bc5cb113671185af766f3fa2f9bbb7e3.jpg

Lol. Cracker mate.

Yeah when the crowd was 75/25 Tate (when she fought RR2) that showed her "unappeal"

:rolleyes:

I'm a Ronda fan but I think people rooting for Miesha had more to do with Ronda's unappeal than Miesha's appeal.

Ronda haters would've cheered for anyone facing Ronda that night.

I think Bethe's got potential and while I do respect her confidence, she's either really keen on trash talking to build her profile or very delusional. Since the Baszler win, in which she hit Shayna with everything in her arsenal and still couldn't put her down, she seems to feel she will KO every possible opponent in R1. I honestly hope she doesn't bank on stopping women like Kaufman and Tate in round 1 because that won't work. We must remember here that she really struggled with Duke and Kezdie.

I'm a Ronda fan but I think people rooting for Miesha had more to do with Ronda's unappeal than Miesha's appeal.

I see what you're saying but I think you're a little off. I mean I recall Miesha getting huge support fighting Liz following the RR fight. She is quite popular amongst the casual viewer even if not with the sherdog posters. We must remember that they are very different fan bases.

That goes hand in hand with what they saw on TUF & Tate was widely popular off that.
She is still very popular & on main cards due to that appeal.

I see what you're saying but I think you're a little off. I mean I recall Miesha getting huge support fighting Liz following the RR fight. She is quite popular amongst the casual viewer even if not with the sherdog posters. We must remember that they are very different fan bases.

I agree
Also Ronda is very popular with casuals too & disliked on here & Tate was even more over that night.

That said Rousey is a beast in the octagon & deserves everything she gets from being that good.

I agree
Also Ronda is very popular with casuals too & disliked on here & Tate was even more over that night.

That said Rousey is a beast in the octagon & deserves everything she gets from being that good.

Ronda is a very special fighter and deserves much respect. As you say both are popular amongst the casuals which is why they're the perfect rivalry: they split the audience. After TUF, Miesha was more popular and clearly has gained a lot from the feud outside of the cage. Their names will likely be forever linked.

Ronda is a very special fighter and deserves much respect. As you say both are popular amongst the casuals which is why they're the perfect rivalry: they split the audience. After TUF, Miesha was more popular and clearly has gained a lot from the feud outside of the cage. Their names will likely be forever linked.

100% correct
I give Tate credit that she didn't bolt from UFC after losing to Ronda again.
Getting a third shot will be hard, but she seems motivated to try.
I thought there was a chance she would just try Hollywood and do reality show shit
Maybe if she loses & falls down the ladder again?

Oh & regarding the Tate/Rousey rivalry
It was perfect because it was the typical HS thing with the girly-girl vs the tomboy.
You saw the personal insecurities from Ronda come through now that viewers no longer felt she was the "pretty fighter" & she took it out on Tate.
Tate played into that perfectly by always smiling at her
It was a great season to watch psychologically
Than Tate lasted past a round & showed that she is indeed tougher than her girly-girl image, but Ronda was still "the man" (no pun intended ... ok maybe a lil"

100% correct
I give Tate credit that she didn't bolt from UFC after losing to Ronda again.
Getting a third shot will be hard, but she seems motivated to try.
I thought there was a chance she would just try Hollywood and do reality show shit
Maybe if she loses & falls down the ladder again?

To be honest, I have been very impressed with her determination since the loss. Not a massive fan but have a lot of respect for the way she's trying to seal up the holes in her game. I wouldn't be surprised to see her retire within the next 2-3 years though as I just don't see her getting the belt. If she keeps improving though, who knows, she isn't old or anything.

Back