Beta Blockers

catroomguardian.JPG

ok, but like.......do you know what it was? lol

god I wish you were within arms reach right now
I wish u were both within arms reach, group hug time!

I take Metoprolal for Blood Pressure. No side effects except a lower resting heart rate, and does help panic induced heart rate spikes. Im a type A Alpha, my BP would be high watching TV. Now its 110/60.
Pulse pressure seems a little high. I assume your provider is aware of it though

think ts doesnt know what they are.

they are for blood pressure and to block adrenalin
Yeah I dunno. Maybe some of them have a side effect used for treating anxiety? Seems kind of risky though taking a medication that’s meant for your heart for a reason other then that

Does anyone here take them? All my life I have been an extremely high strung person. Always on edge, always stressing to the maximum about something. Even if life is good, I will invent something to stress about to the point where it has an extremely negative impact on my life. Probably 50% of my day is trying to calm myself down from stress/paranoia. Even if amazing things happen and I'm having one of the best days of my life, I'll just move the goalpost and think "well, thats great but I still have X to worry about"

Cant take benzos. How do beta blockers work in comparison? I've heard of stage performers taking them before performing. I just need something that doesn't have high abuse potential to level me tf out so I dont feel like I could snap at any moment.

Please dont suggest meditating or some motivation podcast/speech. they can only do so much, although I do utilize those things a lot.

I take one for high blood pressure. I know that they can sometimes be prescribed for people with panic disorder, which I also have a severe case of. They did nothing to help the panic disorder for me personally, and I don’t see how they would help with the type of general anxiety you’re describing here. There are much better options for you than a beta blocker.

I feel you man! Number one thing to do is go see a doctor, only they can truly help you with your anxiety. There are other options not just benzos. Even low doses antidepressants can help out in some cases. It did it for me.

Other things you can do that will certainly help:

Workout. Run. Swin. Whatever. Do something everyday that will make you tired. You should be exhausted so you can have a good night of sleep, that's extremely important! Also, endorphins!

Have a routine. Organize your life, have everything in order. Make to do lists, that sort of shit. If your home is a mess then make it clean and keep it that way. Get rid of junk and clutter. The idea is to make your daily life as smooth as possible so you can feel more safe. Go for a minimalistic approach if you think it can help.

Think about what triggers your anxiety and try to rationalize it. The idea here is to break the triggers down by removing your irrational reactions to it. That's a great way to calm yourself down in a crisis and prevent other crisis in the future.

Find something to take your worries away. Find a hobby. A TV show you like. Anything really... well, except sherdog but have something special that you can focus on and have some peace of mind and relax. If you're not focused or distracted it won't work. I used to watch King of the Hill or Futurama, now I foam roll and stretch daily. It's my me time. Do it daily.

I started exercising again recently after a 4 month hiatus due to school and have felt a lot better with my anxiety at work and home, but that's just me.

I wouldn't jump straight to drugs

try eating loads of ginger.

The trick to that is buying that pickled ginger that comes with sushi in bulk from a Japanese Market.

try eating loads of ginger.

The trick to that is buying that pickled ginger that comes with sushi in bulk from a Japanese Market.
Jack you are a very wise man but I could not be more skeptical that will do a damn thing

I'm an alpha male on beta blockers

I didn't read your whole post, but I take them. I've been taking them for 5 years now. I take em for anxiety and high BP/heart rate. I have a lot of anxiety and it causes me to have high blood pressure and heart rate. I take propranolol rn, and I like it. It stops you from panicking too hard, but it won't stop the anxiety really. Mostly for blood pressure and heart rate tbh.

If you really wanna combat anxiety, ask for a benzodiazepene. Be careful, I got addicted to them pretty bad. They're more addictive than opiates if you ask me

I didn't read your whole post, but I take them. I've been taking them for 5 years now. I take em for anxiety and high BP/heart rate. I have a lot of anxiety and it causes me to have high blood pressure and heart rate. I take propranolol rn, and I like it. It stops you from panicking too hard, but it won't stop the anxiety really. Mostly for blood pressure and heart rate tbh.
oh. I dont really get a racing heart or anything like that. its all mental

Just suffer through life like a real man.

Ask for benzos, and don't get addicted to them.
in my case thats like asking a cat to not chase a mouse.

I take one and Ill wake up the next day and the bottle will be empty. just how it is. Gotta be honest with myself and not even put myself in that potential situation.

I have two ODs on record. my doctor would laugh in my face if I even asked for benzos Im pretty sure. thats why I want something thats not euphoric or highly addicting.

Benzos have dangerous, counter-productive effects when used long term.

The least harmful would be something like an antidepressant. But at the same time, it doesn't really seem to help people in most cases. I know it's shown to be useless unless in very serious cases of depression. It'd be better to figure out your own problems instead of using chemical crutches.

in my case thats like asking a cat to not chase a mouse.

I take one and Ill wake up the next day and the bottle will be empty. just how it is. Gotta be honest with myself and not even put myself in that potential situation.
That's how it is with me too. Benzos were the most addictive substance I've ever taken. They just feel too good

Down a few brews and snort a klonopin. You'll either feel relaxed or your heart will stop. Either way, no more anxiety.

Back