Best way to remove scars?

120614023621-michael-k-williams-story-top.jpg

Coolest scar in Hollywood, imo.

Cause they look ugly as all hell. Seriously, I personally hate scars myself.

Inb4 dumbass claims of "scars are manly". There's nothing manly about having bad skin IMO.

lol holy shit.

Scars aren't "bad skin". You're a weirdo.

Why would you remove them?

it depends on where they are, in my opinion.

i was mugged last january, and i was tagged pretty good a few times in the face. i had this long cut above my left eye about an inch long that required ten stitches. you don't know embarrassing until you've had to get on the bus or metro with a busted-up face.

i went to the doctor, and they recommended vitamin e oil. the stuff worked incredibly well. it's also great at removing stretch marks and certain other marks on your body.

but i also have scars on my arms and legs that i couldn't care less about.

it depends on where they are, in my opinion.

i was mugged last january, and i was tagged pretty good a few times in the face. i had this long cut above my left eye about an inch long that required ten stitches. you don't know embarrassing until you've had to get on the bus or metro with a busted-up face.

i went to the doctor, and they recommended vitamin e oil. the stuff worked incredibly well. it's also great at removing stretch marks and certain other marks on your body.

but i also have scars on my arms and legs that i couldn't care less about.

No, it's not great.

There are many anecdotal reports with regard to vitamin E and scar healing. Lots of people swear by putting vitamin e oil on scars and if you read all the stories online it must be true. But does it work?

No, vitamin E does NOT improve scars. There is no scientific evidence confirming this claim. In fact, some studies do demonstrate vitamin E may cause skin irritation which actually worsen scarring.

No, says Dr Phillip Artemi, a Sydney dermatologist and Honorary Secretary of the Australasian College of Dermatologists.

Despite the marketing hype, research has clearly shown vitamin E has absolutely no beneficial effect on scars, he says.

"People put a vitamin E cream on, [and over time] notice the improvement, and quite incorrectly, think 'oh it's this stuff I'm putting on' but it's not," Artemi says.
http://www.squidoo.com/vitamin-e-scar
http://www.abc.net.au/health/talkinghealth/factbuster/stories/2012/06/26/3528660.htm

well...what can i say? it worked for me.

:icon_neut

What works are silicone gel. Try to get 100% medical silicone. That's proven to work and from my experience it did help. I didn't get results like they show one web sites but it did help some. I saw results after like 8-9 days. I used it for like 6 months. After the first 2 months I didn't see much improvement but I kept using it.

Think I'm going to look into this one. Thanks for the heads up.

I was looking at this Mederma stuff in the pharmacy, but it's like $30 for a small tube. Any recommendations?

I have a 3" scar above my eye from a hockey accident. Maderma didnt go crap for me. Aloe has done alot better but its still noticeable.

A girl I'm friends with got ran over by a semi right at two years back. She had a nasty red scar across her neck that was probably 1/4in thick and equally as tall, probably 8in across (this wreck very nearly killed her, the guy kept driving for 1/2 a mile with her car wedged under his back tires). She just had a surgery done to reduce it. It looks AMAZINGLY different now, it's a nice thin line. She said it hurt like hell healing (and that's saying something considering what she's been through) but she says it was well worth it. Acne scars no clue on that one, I've known some people who had some horrible skin that cleared it up over time. I think continual treatment helps smooth it out over time.

I have like 3 scars on my forehead, I don't mind them.

Tbh, I have to agree with the guy that said scars are bad ass

outside scars can be dealt with, it's the ones inside that are the hardest.

I got a scar in jail and everday I look at it reminds me i lost 2 years of my life and everything I own. Im trying like hell to get rid of it cause I hate the reminder.

i agree.

the scar above my left-eye is a constant reminder to never pull money out of an atm at 2am when drunk.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back