Best submission artists by weight class?

dr-zoidbergs-butthurt-cream.jpg

Mir fans aren't the ones who are butthurt.

Is there anyone count out Fabricio Werdum?? BJJ world champion, submit Fedor, I think no one else can compete with him on the ground, not even Maia( too small), he is the best out there, except Mir, which I'm really looking forward to see him fight Werdum( Don't understand why Dana put Werdum against Big Nog seems Mir is on higher level).
Are you guys really think that any lower than Heavyweight fighter can go 1 on1 with him on the ground???

People tend to think "submission fighting" strictly means Brazilian Jiujitsu. Jones is one of the better submission artist in the light heavyweight division. He has excellent submission wrestling/catch wrestling style.

And Vinny's is still better.

i dont think its so easy just to pick one fighter from each weight class and say hes the best especially at MW and HW. its definetely debatable. i mean how do you judge it who has more submission victorys? or who has had there black belt longer? or who is the fighter trained under?

Aldo is a world champion in BJJ and has been said to have a better BJJ game than his stand up by Andre Pederneiras. If SOTY is what counted then Jacare and Vinny wouldn't count since they haven't gotten one either.

http://www.bjjheroes.com/bjj-fighters/jose-aldo

BJJ =/= submission artist, No doubt Aldo has excellent positional Jiu Jitsu. Noone is questioning that. But who has he subbed to be put on a greatest submission artists list?

Back