Best submission artists by weight class?

Wow homo, not everybody spends all day, every day on internet mma forums. Some of you so called MMA fans are more condescending and self rightous than most comic con geeks...why don't yoy go watch some Star Trek Urkel.

no mention of Roger Gracie...or is this just UFC?

Royce Gracie.

LdGsB.gif

Bantamweight Bowles...really? I'm a Bowles fan but come one, Bowles is a power puncher. Imanari is the best BW sub artist. No argument.

I do think Jones is one of the best Sub fighters at LHW but you may have some push back in terms of who is the best Submission fighter at LHW and at HW.

Vinny is ahead of jones in terms of being a pure submission fighter since that is all he does really.

Werdum would also get a call at HW.

In terms of who has the most subs at LHW jones is clearly the winner but best would go to Vinny

People tend to think "submission fighting" strictly means Brazilian Jiujitsu. Jones is one of the better submission artist in the light heavyweight division. He has excellent submission wrestling/catch wrestling style.

HW - Fabricio Werdum
LHW - Vinny Magalhaes
MW- Rousimar Palhares
WW - Damien Maia
LW - Shinya Aoki

265- Werdum, Monson(does it have to be UFC?)
205-Vinny
185-Jacare/Roger Gracie
170-Maia
155-Lauzon/Aoki
145-Yahya
135-Rousey(only via armbar) lol
125-Torres

mir / werdum
jones / vinny
jacare / gracie / weidman
maia
diaz / lauzon / aoki

etc.

??? Aldo a sub artist??

tell me Aldo is a better sub artist than KZ after he gets 2 SOTY

Reasonable question considering Aldo has not shown his submission attacks yet and has Barely even shown his BJJ. Aldo has beaten the BJJ legend Cobrinha twice, and submitted atleast one of the those times.

I so wanna see Yahya fight Hioki

Yahya and Vinny deserve their props. Good to see them get them.

HW: Werdum
LHW: Vinny is the best pure submission grappler, but Jones is pretty artistic with his submissions
MW: Souza or Roger
WW: Maia
LW: Aoki
FW: KZ (but this is a hard one for sure)

Below FW I do not feel myself knowledgeable enough to comment

Back