Best streak that didn't earn a title shot?

I decided to quote this seperatly, as this is simply not accurate and I can provide quantitative data in support.

Cerrone win streak November 16, 2013 - January 18, 2015 (428 days)

AA win streak December 30, 2006 - October 4, 2008 (644 days)

I worded it incorrectly. When I said length I was referring to the number of fights. Apologies.

Given the timeline alone, Cerrone's current streak is the most impressive I can recall in recent times. Fighting top competition roughly ever 2 months for 14 months is unheard of.

Bermudez was on a good streak but some of his 'wins' were not so clean. G Sot as mentioned was also on a pretty good streak before Siver shut him down.

And as mentioned before fighting Edgar, Swanson was on the best streak at FW having beaten all of Conor's current best wins (before it was cool) and then some.

I believe that you are wrong, and will explain my reasoning.

Note: Some other Poster claimed that AA's departure from the UFC was to face Fedor.

Arlovski left the UFC for a 400% raise. His contract ended, he wasn't fired. He made $170k at UFC 82, and got $750k at Affliction: Banned, which was good while it lasted (THANKS BARNETT!)

Jim Miller was the first one that came to mind.

Jim milleer had great win streak,i still feel sorry for cub,he deserved it most

I'll clue you in, this isn't even close.

A.A.
1. finished his opponent Marcio Cruz (who was coming off finishing Mir & a split decision loss to a prime Monson.
2. Beat the current UFC HW champion Fabracio Werdum in not a very close contest.
3. Finished undefeated highly touted (at the time) and beat the F out of Jake O'Brian.

Not only did AA not get a UFC title shot for this three fight dominant win streak. He got fucking fired from the UFC for it.

Please keep in mind that he was already an ex-UFC champion and also at the time was the only man in UFC history to successfully defend the UFC HW belt twice consecutively!

Not even close.

Thread/

This seems quite unimpressive compared to some of the other suggestions.

Cerrone followed by Cub Swanson.

I'll clue you in, this isn't even close.

A.A.
1. finished his opponent Marcio Cruz (who was coming off finishing Mir & a split decision loss to a prime Monson.
2. Beat the current UFC HW champion Fabracio Werdum in not a very close contest.
3. Finished undefeated highly touted (at the time) and beat the F out of Jake O'Brian.

Not only did AA not get a UFC title shot for this three fight dominant win streak. He got fucking fired from the UFC for it.

Please keep in mind that he was already an ex-UFC champion and also at the time was the only man in UFC history to successfully defend the UFC HW belt twice consecutively!

Not even close.

Thread/

Didn't AA leave for a huge payday from Affliction?

Edit: he got 1.5 million for fighting Fedor

Matt Brown and it's not even close.

Although, to play devil's advocate, I don't think he beat anyone in the top 10 during that run.

Matt Brown and it's not even close.

Although, to play devil's advocate, I don't think he beat anyone in the top 10 during that run.

Disagree with that. His streak was impressive for sure but Cerrone's was jsut as long and against much better competition.

Chris Leben?

Cin had quite a few before facing Brock aswell I think.

jim miller & cub swanson comes to mind

Does Shogun run at LHW during the Gp of 05 count??

Does Shogun run at LHW during the Gp of 05 count??

That crossed my mind but I counted the GP as a title. If you don't, then yeah that's a no brainer. Most impressive streak in MMA history that didn't earn a title.

Back