Best streak that didn't earn a title shot?

every time cerrone gets close to title , he loses the key fight

G-Sot had a seven fight win streak with five finishes and his fight that he lost to Siver wasn't even a contender fight.

G-Sot had a seven fight win streak with five finishes and his fight that he lost to Siver wasn't even a contender fight.

lol, most dramatic fall from grace ever.

I'm going to go ahead and predict Cerrone loses before he gets a title shot. He basically already did.

That was tragic for G-Sot fans at the time. It was looking like 1 more after Siver would have done the trick, then he dropped like 5 straight on his way to retirement. Incredible fall from grace.

Cody McKenzie choked out Marcus LeVesseur and then had to fight Mendes. He should've received a title shot instead.

That sucked, I was a big fan of him. He looked like a real threat at 55 and then just took a nose dive.

Jake Ellenberger had a decent streak going before the Kampmann fight and he was considered for a title shot before it.

Pyle
Howard
Rocha
Pierson
Shields (Great win, people do forget about this one)
Sanchez

Not answering your question though, aren't I

Cerrone

Matt Brown

Bisping must have had a decent one at some point

After beating Miller, Akiyama, Rivera and Meyhem, if i remember good his fight Vs Sonnen was a title eliminator and he "lost" it.

I'll clue you in, this isn't even close.

A.A.
1. finished his opponent Marcio Cruz (who was coming off finishing Mir & a split decision loss to a prime Monson.
2. Beat the current UFC HW champion Fabracio Werdum in not a very close contest.
3. Finished undefeated highly touted (at the time) and beat the F out of Jake O'Brian.

Not only did AA not get a UFC title shot for this three fight dominant win streak. He got fucking fired from the UFC for it.

Please keep in mind that he was already an ex-UFC champion and also at the time was the only man in UFC history to successfully defend the UFC HW belt twice consecutively!

Not even close.

Thread/

A.A.
1. finished his opponent Marcio Cruz (who was coming off finishing Mir & a split decision loss to a prime Monson.
2. Beat the current UFC HW champion Fabracio Werdum in not a very close contest.
3. Finished undefeated highly touted (at the time) and beat the F out of Jake O'Brian.

Not only did AA not get a UFC title shot for this three fight dominant win streak. He got fucking fired from the UFC for it.

Please keep in mind that he was already an ex-UFC champion and also at the time was the only man in UFC history to successfully defend the UFC HW belt twice consecutively!

Not even close.

Thread/

im-know-im-the-shit-swag.jpg

A.A.

Not even close.

Thread/

While that streak is remarkable for the reward (although I'm not sure about all the circumstances behind AA's departure, I thought it was slightly mutual) The streak itself isn't as impressive as Cerrone's. Cerrone's is twice as long and against better competition.

Its a solid streak but no. Also, Benson fight is too controversial and Benson is coming off a loss.

While that streak is remarkable for the reward (although I'm not sure about all the circumstances behind AA's departure, I thought it was slightly mutual) The streak itself isn't as impressive as Cerrone's. Cerrone's is twice as long and against better competition.

He wanted his release so he could fight Fedor

I believe that you are wrong, and will explain my reasoning.

Note: Some other Poster claimed that AA's departure from the UFC was to face Fedor.

You acknowledged, so I will go with that then.

AA had a 5 fight win streak.

Not ranked 2 out of 7 competition like Cerrone. All 5 of 5 ranked opponent for AA.

Add KO's of current UFC ranked HW's Nelson & Rothwell to the Snowman, Pano Pedo & O'Brian to the list.

I really like Cerrone, but the competition in that stretch was not really all that impressive.

Evan Dunham was 14-4 with four losses in his previous 7 UFC fights. Not ranked, and freefalling by the time he fought Cowboy.

Who the F is Adriano Martins (Unranked & unknown). Was D Cruickhank?

Jim Miller at one time was a force. By the time he fought Cerrone however he too was into freefall. (He was 4-2-1 in his previous 7 UFC fights where the NC was a result of a Miller loss overturned due to Pat Healy marijuana + test!).

Admittedly Barboza, Alvarez, Jury & Henderson were seriously impressive wins.

I did not see the Bendo fight but read some mixed thoughts from Sherdog fans as to who really won the fight.

I decided to quote this seperatly, as this is simply not accurate and I can provide quantitative data in support.

Cerrone win streak November 16, 2013 - January 18, 2015 (428 days)

AA win streak December 30, 2006 - October 4, 2008 (644 days)

Back