Best Sci Fi or Fantasy TV shows

With both of them it was cool that it was drama more than the average pew pew pew sci fi.

As a kid I loved Buck Rogers the most, but I suspect that may be before your time being I'm old as dirt :D
Sounds like we are from the same decade. I liked Buck too. When I was really young Saturday mornings were almost exclusively cartoons. An exception was a live action series called Ark 2 that was pretty good, though I remember little of it. I loved that one along with Bigfoot and Wildboy, lol.

Sounds like we are from the same decade. I liked Buck too. When I was really young Saturday mornings were almost exclusively cartoons. An exception was a live action series called Ark 2 that was pretty good, though I remember little of it. I loved that one along with Bigfoot and Wildboy, lol.
We grew up in different countries, my Saturday mornings were all about music shows on TV, but during the week after school I loved cartoons. Dangermouse and He Man were probably my favourite. Sadly I haven't seen yours at all.

Buck was tits though, I loved it.

We grew up in different countries, my Saturday mornings were all about music shows on TV, but during the week after school I loved cartoons. Dangermouse and He Man were probably my favourite. Sadly I haven't seen yours at all.

Buck was tits though, I loved it.
Loved He-Man and thundercats.

The fuck are we doing? Ceballos....come on. Save us.

Stargate sg1 -picks up from the original movie. Probably the best main cadt outside star trek series. Mummies, aliens, machines, the greys, all get their own race and explanation.
Even in latter seasons with cast change still had a strong following and that ending was beautiful.

Star trek tng- the greatest of the star trek series, developed characters and villians all the way till the end. The borg were truly scary, Q could have a series unto his omnipotent self.

I really liked Fringe. No one really talks about it here.

For me Firefly and Battlestar Gallactica are probably my favourites in terms of true sci-fi, I wish I had the patience for The Abyss, I hear it gets really good.

You picked two of the very best shows.

You might consider Farscape. It has one of the best villains, for starters.

tumblr_mw0p7srFE01qa1ujjo4_250.gifv

It's packed with Jim Henson muppetry but it's fantastic.

It might seem weird at first but holy shit does it get dark, and has some of my favorite epic moments from a science fiction show. The trailer is terrible but you have to trust me on this show. It's worth the ride.

Also if you're looking for something weird and sexy, try Lexx.

The Brunner G war song kicks fucking ass. Seriously. Now that I watched this video again it will be stuck in my head for weeks and that isn't a bad thing. Go to 1:30.

It's unbelievably weird.

And so, so sexy. German ladies for the win.

Zev-Bellringer-e1560188140166.jpg

I'm going to finish by saying my SINGLE favorite epic science fiction moment from television is the finale for BSG season 3. There is no close second.

Saul Tigh, Christ on a crutch. So awesome.

My name is Saul Tigh. I'm an officer in the Colonial Fleet. Whatever else I am, whatever else it means, that's the man I want to be. And if I die today, that's the man I'll be.

BeastMaster
Conan
Highlander
The Crow ( tv show with Mark Dascos (?) )
American Gothic
WitchBlade
TekWar
Sea quest DSV
Alien Nation
Altered Carbon
American Gods ( I’m reading the book, trying to finish before season 3 comes out)

BeastMaster
Conan
Highlander
The Crow ( tv show with Mark Dascos (?) )
American Gothic
WitchBlade
TekWar
Sea quest DSV
Alien Nation
Altered Carbon
American Gods ( I’m reading the book, trying to finish before season 3 comes out)
Highlander is my jam. From episode 13 of season 1 until just before the finale of season 5 it was a fantastic show.
Others not mentioned yet.
Fantasy - The Witcher, Lost Girl

Sci fi - Legion, Dark Matter

With both of them it was cool that it was drama more than the average pew pew pew sci fi.

As a kid I loved Buck Rogers the most, but I suspect that may be before your time being I'm old as dirt :D
Buck Rogers and Battlestar Galactica (OG) were my go to shows as a kid.

BSG, The Expanse, Farscape

Highlander is my jam. From episode 13 of season 1 until just before the finale of season 5 it was a fantastic show.
Others not mentioned yet.
Fantasy - The Witcher, Lost Girl

Sci fi - Legion, Dark Matter
I didn’t enjoy the second season of legion got half through and said fuck it

Back