Best Sci Fi or Fantasy TV shows

I dont recommend it. The crew obviously did a good job and they're creative as hell but a show being weird just to be weird doesn't do it for me. The payoff isn't worth it. I could see the director nailing something if the script had better direction though. The script had shit direction, they dont know what they were doing. The peak was clearly the mental institution in season 1 imo.
I loved the first season and all the cliches they through into it. First season made me a fan second season made me drop it like it was hot lol

It’s worth it. Season 3 doesn’t drag like that part did and is just 8 ep like the first season. I would have liked more of the show, but I would rather have 7 or 8 good episodes than 11 with 3 filler ones.

Still nowhere near as bad as shows in the 90s where they had to milk 22 episodes every season.
Family Matters did it right, I loved me some Urkel chasing some Laura or messing with Carl. Lol
Fresh Prince nailed it as well

More recently I really liked the Watchmen miniseries

I loved the first season and all the cliches they through into it. First season made me a fan second season made me drop it like it was hot lol

Yup it went off the tracks big time. Good effort though

I dont recommend it. The crew obviously did a good job and they're creative as hell but a show being weird just to be weird doesn't do it for me. The payoff isn't worth it. I could see the director nailing something if the script had better direction though. The script had shit direction, they dont know what they were doing. The peak was clearly the mental institution in season 1 imo.
Season 3 they were going the route of the Legion quest comics, at least in inspiration, but with a different purpose and consequence. I loved season 3. Season 2 had less direction I agree, I felt like it got a little mashed up with what they were aiming to happen and how to get David to a breaking point.

BEST I HAVENT SEEN MENTIONED:

Continuum- best sci fi show youve never seen. (Amazon)
Mr Robot- prob my favorite show ever, tied w BSG (Amazon)
The OA- very weird but engrossing (Netflix)
Sarah Conor Chronicles- i know. but trust me. way better than i expected.
Counterpart - not amazing but decent (Amazon)
11.22.63 - short mini series, its good. (Hulu)

ONES I STRONGLY SECOND:

Dark (this was great. google image a family tree. (Netflix)
12 Monkeys- 2nd best sci fi show youve never seen (Hulu)
Battlestar G - this is the best, period. (Amazon)
The Expanse- Sherlock Holmes meets Prometheus. its slow, but worth it. (Amazon)
Devs- its not for everybody, slow. great if yer into sci fi theory. (Hulu)

WATCHABLE:

Defiance- got better at end (Amazon)
Snowpiercer- Sherlock Holmes meets Throw Momma From The Train, in the future
Legion- ive only see season 1. (Hulu)
Man In The High Castle (Amazon)

Last edited:
Back