Best Protein Drink?

sounds like it isn't the supplements it is your diet that sucks, I have taken Cell Tech with just about any protein and it has put on size but I am a hardgainer so if I did any cardio the size came right off. You need to take 1.5 grams of protein times your body weight and maybe even 2 grams depending on how hard your working out, take a protein drink right before you workout and one right after followed by a meal with 30-40 more grams of protein.

007 said:
sounds like it isn't the supplements it is your diet that sucks...

That is what I was thinking when I read the post, also. However, Muscle Milk (mixed in milk) does pack around 600 kCal when mixed in milk, so some people could be sensitive to that much of a boost. But yes, I would say that is the rest of the diet was immaculate, it would be rather far-fetched for the macros in Muscle Milk to facilitate an increase in body fat. Most likely, it is due to empty calories in the rest of the diet. However, if the diet is sub-par, throwing in 600 extra kCal could easily push a person over that proverbial edge. It is all semantics...

sounds like it isn't the supplements it is your diet that sucks

Exactly, I was using cell-tech for a little over a month and got ripped as hell.

If you guys are looking to bulk up, N-Large is the s#it.

ZMA, glutamine, cell-tech (creatine), ProM3 (protein powder), N-Large and multi-vitamin.
This is what I used and got great results.

Terumo said:
Sounds like you are an "endomorph," as much as I hate that terminology. In other words, are you the type to easily put on fat? If so, Muscle Milk is probably not the thing for you. Stick with a simple protein powder, and use fish/flax/hemp oils for your w3 acids.

You can still order Biotest's Grow!, just not through vendors. They have started doing direct sales on a good number of their products, which has caused a pretty nice drop in prices. If you are looking to order, I would highly recommend you get the Low-Carb version. It is easier to mix and more versatile. Go with chocolate or vanilla. (The vanilla is surprisingly good--it's the only low-carb, low-fat vanilla I've ever had that was palatable in water.) The strawberry was a big disappointment--sort of like a rancid version of Frankenberry cereal. Then again, I've never had a strawberry that I liked other than MyoPlex. The two new flavors (orange and banana) are just okay.

Here is the link where you can order it, if you are interested:

http://www.t-nation.com/category.js...6495DF9E26C9E3F8.hydra?categoryID=34&pageNo=1

Terumo, thanks for the response. I do not put fat on easily at all though. I am actually 6'1 and weigh 175. It's just that when I took the muscle milk when I would add muscle a little bit of fat would build on the side of my waste. But I want and do need to bulk up a little more but just don't want to look soft, I still want a cut up look. Would the biotest be good for me? Thanks.

007 said:
sounds like it isn't the supplements it is your diet that sucks, I have taken Cell Tech with just about any protein and it has put on size but I am a hardgainer so if I did any cardio the size came right off. You need to take 1.5 grams of protein times your body weight and maybe even 2 grams depending on how hard your working out, take a protein drink right before you workout and one right after followed by a meal with 30-40 more grams of protein.

Thanks, but my diet is exceptionally good on a normal day my meals look something like meal 1)Assorted fruit, Lots of oatmeal, orange juice 2) chicken with a salad 3) something like Campbells chunky soups like potato and ham chowder and fruit and oatmeal bar with green tea 4) Turkey sandwich on 12 grain with lots of veggies and turkey 5) something not too heavy right before bed like fruit or a salad. Tons of water throughout day. Is this diet Ok? any suggestions?

STILL LIFE

something not too heavy right before bed like fruit or a salad

You need protein before bed. When you're sleeping, is when you build the most muscle. If you want to get cut up, you should try and watch your carb intake.

It's weird though, because I'm on a 3500 calorie diet and im not getting fat, im actually getting more cut and loosing the little stomach that I did have.

If you're working out hard with weights, you shouldn't be getting fat. Maybe it's time to step up the routine.

Back