• Khabib Nurmagomedov

• Max Holloway

• Kamaru Usman

• Cain Velasquez

• Rafael dos Anjos

• Colby Covington

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Probably Khabib. Nobody survived his pressure or dealt with it particularly well besides Tibau.

Cain is up there but he was hurt trying to pressure in fights, like against Kongo
tbf Kongo was accomplished in Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Savate, and was an MMA vet, while Cain was just at the beginning of his career with only 5 fights under his belt.

Also, Khabib would've been hurt too at some point if he was a HW. Physics and all.

Last edited:
Weird that there is a list of pressure fighters and the GOAT Pressure fighter isn't on the list

GSP is not impressed by this thread.

Diablo > Mephisto > @Baal, in that order from best to worst.
Didn't see your name in the "Other" vote

Your own fault

I just somewhat recently rewatched Khabib Barbosa, and the way Khabib was running around chasing him around the octagon was ridiculous. I've never seen anyone pressure like that.

I just somewhat recently rewatched Khabib Barbosa, and the way Khabib was running around chasing him around the octagon was ridiculous. I've never seen anyone pressure like that.
Barboza got destroyed by Kevin Lee lmao

Literally can't think of anyone worse at dealing with pressure

It's max and it's not even close. This man has close to 3000 sig strikes in his UFC career with next best being 1000 less.

I have to go with Khabib. His performance against that version of Justin Gaethje was insane. Gaethje's footwork and counterpunching ability would've been nightmarish for any other wrestler, and Khabib even had to sprint after him at times and go completely nuts yet he made it work. Some people in the poll aren't really pressure fighters.

It's max and it's not even close. This man has close to 3000 sig strikes in his UFC career with next best being 1000 less.

That's because he's a volume striker. That alone has nothing to do with being a pressure fighter, it just means he's offensive. He doesn't pressure most of his opponents (as in always pressing forward, pushing them back to the cage and cutting them off) for the entirety of the 25 minutes like Cain, Khabib, RDA (under Cordeiro), and others have.

gsp.almost every fighter could not keep up with his wrestling and striking game

Barboza got destroyed by Kevin Lee lmao

Literally can't think of anyone worse at dealing with pressure

Edson didnt deal with pressure well and it was def the strat to beat him but you still needed to be a certain caliber of fighter to dominate him pressure

Varner, Khabib, Tony, prime Menace Johnson, Lee, Gaethje, Bryce..... All top 5 to 10 caliber guys or champ level.

Burgos, BillyQ, Benny, Giblert were all great pressure fighters in their own right and he KOd 3 of em and 30-27d Giblert.

Khabib but Max's pressure on the feet is unreal has wilted quite a few people. Even people who are 'technically' better strikers such as Pettis and Aldo.
Pettis was certainly not a better technical striker than max. Pettis may have been flashier with his striking, but max is/was more technical than Pettis without a doubt. It was shown in their fight where max was beating Anthony to the punch literally constantly throughout their fight. Head and body shots just getting peppered. I believe Pettis even commented on that after the fight how technical max striking was. That was the fight Max won intern title.

Prime RDA was supported to “murder Conor with relentless forward pressure”. He had a sweet run until Tony Eyepoked him at like 11am one time for stupid 5 round afternoon main event

Voted Holloway, because of his crazy output.

Imagine dealing with that shit. You have no break, the guy in front of you is throwing constantly

Cain is the right answer. Boy was a hw putting on pressure like he was lw. Max would be a good choice too but Cain beats him overall.

In Fedor's prime, every fight would end in 2-3 minutes. How is he not the best pressure fighter ever?

Ferguson was a great pressure fighter

John Lineker, Lawler, Pereira

Back