• Rafael dos Anjos

• Colby Covington

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
3 pages and no mention of the GOAT?

Chael would not be impressed.

DLM3IbMU8AAG_fY.jpg

Worthy mention: Merab

Look what he did to Petr Yan. Nobody does that to Petr Yan.
Alongside Strickland vs Adesanya, that might be my performance of the year. Made Yan the Buzzsaw look unnoteworthy.

Probably Khabib because it was his entire game. He never really had or needed a B-plan and it never really failed him. I think when you look at how Khabib did it and how effective he was it's really shocking. Even if you consider his schedule less than stellar, people really undervalue how hard it is to be consistent in this sport. He was a special talent.

I agree, Khabib was able to dominate, but style can create chaos. Khabib did not have so many fifhts... look at Olivera... he was caught, several times. But he still probably one of the best ever ! Imagine GSP against Khabib, would be a good test ! Khabis against Penn ! I feel that Khabib is one of the best, but again, he did not face many world champions. Let's go back to pressure, he is awsome, however, lately, to be fair with the new generation, pressure fighter, I'll pick Merab Dvalishvili
How many more world champs did merab fight than khabib?

gotta go with cain
because hes bigger and carry more weight
his body organs work more

Probably Khabib. Nobody survived his pressure or dealt with it particularly well besides Tibau.

Tibau didn't deal with the pressure. He stopped the takedowns but he lost because the pressure prevented him from countering meaningfully. Just like how Aldo and Yan lost to Merab.

Speaking of Merab, he could soon be the next greatest pressure fighter.

Worthy mention: Merab

Look what he did to Petr Yan. Nobody does that to Petr Yan.

Merab gets minus points for not being able to bust a grape or keep guys down. I mean, it’s impressive the way he shuts his opponents down and outpoints them but Khabib really went to work on people and finished them.

Strickland (from striking) and Chael (grappling) are up there as well. Chael used pressure against Anderson much better than anyone else to that point (first fight) and for most of 5 rounds.

Cain, kahbib, Tony
I'm not sure about Tony. I guess in his prime he did use pressure well in the later rounds. He often struggled early (like Kevin Lee fight), but was like a zombie that kept coming in the championship rounds while his opponents wore down. But I don't remember if he really brought pressure and pushe the pace early in the fight.

Weird that there is a list of pressure fighters and the GOAT Pressure fighter isn't on the list

GSP is not impressed by this thread.

Diablo > Mephisto > @Baal, in that order from best to worst.

Back