My opinion:

1. Cain Velasquez
2. Max Holloway
3. Colby Covington
4. Khabib Nurmagomedov
5. Jon Jones
6. Kamaru Usman
7. Rafael dos Anjos

Probably Khabib. Nobody survived his pressure or dealt with it particularly well besides Tibau.

Cain is up there but he was hurt trying to pressure in fights, like against Kongo, and he couldn't do it when he wasnt at sea level.

Probably Khabib. Nobody survived his pressure or dealt with it particularly well besides Tibau.

Cain is up there but he was hurt trying to pressure in fights, like against Kongo, and he couldn't do it when he wasnt at sea level.
Tbf Khabib took a lot of shots too, it's just that it's different when a LW is hitting you vs a 6'4" 240lb guy like Kongo/JDS

Tbf Khabib took a lot of shots too, it's just that it's different when a LW is hitting you vs a 6'4" 240lb guy like Kongo/JDS
Sure, Khabib's durability helped him but that's a part of being able to pressure well. Defensive awareness and ability to take a shot and keep coming matter for a pressure fighter.

Khabib broke and drowned guys like Gaethje (himself a very good pressure fighter), Poirier, Conor (eventually) wIth his pressure. Besides JDS, Cain never really broke an opponent with his pressure game. Cain beat some of his lesser opponents with pressure like Rothwell, but that was an awful stoppage, and Bigfoot, but he never broke him he just bled half to death.

Other times his pressure led to him being in danger, like previously mentioned against Kongo, and when Ngannou flatlined him trying to pressure.

With the lack of title defenses I'll never refer to Khabib as a GOAT, but he was an unstoppable force - it was just a matter of time before he took an opponent down and "smesh" them.
I agree, Khabib was able to dominate, but style can create chaos. Khabib did not have so many fifhts... look at Olivera... he was caught, several times. But he still probably one of the best ever ! Imagine GSP against Khabib, would be a good test ! Khabis against Penn ! I feel that Khabib is one of the best, but again, he did not face many world champions. Let's go back to pressure, he is awsome, however, lately, to be fair with the new generation, pressure fighter, I'll pick Merab Dvalishvili

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back