Best place to buy weightlifting shoes

CosmicOsmo

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
So, I've been doing enough Oly lifts lately that I've decided it would be worth the effort to buy a pair of weightlifting shoes. I've heard good things about the Do-Win shoes, and the price is reasonable.

Where would you all recommend a guy go to purchase these fine shoes?

Christ, those new silver Do-Wins are ugly. My blue suede shoes eat those for lunch.

Check out the adidas adisStar prototype for the Beijing olympics:

DSC00784.JPG

those black do-win rogues look badass though! Anyone have experience with these v.s. the old, blue suede model? They're $25 more...

yhst-10840410867514_1995_4962305

those black do-win rogues look badass though! Anyone have experience with these v.s. the old, blue suede model? They're $25 more...

No, but I've wanted them ever since I saw them listed at Rogue. I'm sure they're comparable. The heel is lower than the old style. Some people say the heel on Do-Wins was always a bit too high, but it never bothered me. They're bad as hell looking and worth an extra $25, IMO.

They're pretty new. This is the first time that I've seen them. I doubt you'll find anyone on here who can compare them, but they look to have very similar stitching and dimensions to the 2007 blue and red suede versions

got mine from glenn at WFW store that chaseT linked. took about a week to get here.

Fuck, I'm really tempted to buy those Rogue Do-Wins. I've had mine for 2 years...thats long enough to buy new shoes, right?

No, but I've wanted them ever since I saw them listed at Rogue. I'm sure they're comparable. The heel is lower than the old style. Some people say the heel on Do-Wins was always a bit too high, but it never bothered me. They're bad as hell looking and worth an extra $25, IMO.

I don't think the lower heel will be a problem, I've got pretty good flexibility and I've been doing my lifts in super-flat chucks without a problem (I think I bought those from you, actually). They do indeed look bad as hell.

If I were to buy them from the Wichita Falls Weightlifting store linked above, would I order my actual size or a size smaller? I seem to remember one of those guys who sold those shoes was in the habit of automatically sending you a size smaller, and I want to make sure I get a shoe that'll fit properly the first time.

Fuck, I'm really tempted to buy those Rogue Do-Wins. I've had mine for 2 years...thats long enough to buy new shoes, right?

Definitely.

If I were to buy them from the Wichita Falls Weightlifting store linked above, would I order my actual size or a size smaller? I seem to remember one of those guys who sold those shoes was in the habit of automatically sending you a size smaller, and I want to make sure I get a shoe that'll fit properly the first time.

If you order from Wichita, just enter the size you would normally wear in an athletic shoe and Glenn will send you what you need.

I ordered my current Do-Wins in 13, which is what I wear normally, and they have always been too big. I have to strap them down really hard to keep my foot stable. And yeah, I'm buying those black ones. I always thought the heel was a bit too high for what I use them for. *gets out credit card*

If you order from Wichita, just enter the size you would normally wear in an athletic shoe and Glenn will send you what you need.

Good, I think I'll go that route. Those bad-ass rogues are a-callin' my name!

I ordered my current Do-Wins in 13, which is what I wear normally, and they have always been too big. I have to strap them down really hard to keep my foot stable. And yeah, I'm buying those black ones. I always thought the heel was a bit too high for what I use them for. *gets out credit card*

You didn't order them from Wichita, then? I mean the shoes you got were actually the size 13 you ordered, and they're too big?

You didn't order them from Wichita, then? I mean the shoes you got were actually the size 13 you ordered, and they're too big?

Correct, I ordered them from some other site. I forget where.

just updated from chucks to sambas. Gonna replace the laces with elastic for the ultimate in lethargic footware.

Back