Best place to buy weightlifting shoes

Well excellent work on the shoes. I plan on giving them a go benching and squatting tomorrow. They look awesome.

Just ordered the black Rogue Do-Wins on Sunday and do they ever look pwn.

im such a noob, i never knew there was such a thing as weightlifting shoes

i always just wore sneakers

dang

Got the Rogue Do-Wins in. I order a size 13, my normal shoe, and Glenn sent me a 12.5 which fits absolutely perfect. The shoes are sexy, all black suede with black mesh side panels, the white Do-Win stripe, and silver lettering. The heel is about 1 1/4" at the highest point in the back, as opposed to 1 3/4" on the old Do-Wins. I will review further after I squat in them, but wearing them now they are super comfortable and built extremely well.

Shit...my normal shoe size is 13, too, and I ordered a 12.5 because the 13's are kinda big. Is he gonna send me a 12...? :icon_neut

cementshoe.jpg

Shit...my normal shoe size is 13, too, and I ordered a 12.5 because the 13's are kinda big. Is he gonna send me a 12...? :icon_neut

Maybe, I would talk to them. You are supposed to order your regular size.

Ok, after what felt like an eternity of waiting, my Rogue Do-Wins finally arrived today.

First impressions: BAD. ASS.

This is my first time wearing weightlifting shoes. More to come after my workout tonight.

I'm too lazy to look, how much did you pay for them?

I'm too lazy to look, how much did you pay for them?

$109 + shipping. Interestingly, I ordered them from the rogue store because Glenn was sold out, but when they arrived today the return address said Glenn Pendlay! Weee-yeerd...

I got them in a 9.5, which is a full size smaller than my regular shoe size, and these babies fit like a glove! Seem really well-built, too, and my base feels incredibly solid just testing them out around the house. Methinks this was a good buy.

you'd think they would make some good lifting shoes in 4e (6+ inch wide foot sucks :icon_sad: ). instead us freaks with titanic girth stick to chucks w/the sides blown out. if you do have wide feet and are worried about shoe fit, i still lift with new balance, even with orthotics in.

dont worry about the flat shoe bs, you can also get away with a running shoe that has a high heel for ankle flexibility too

Ok, I just got back from the gym, and WOW. I've never had my feet feel so solid under me. *Instant* improvement in stability in OH squats and the catch position of the snatch...probably added a few kilos to my lifts just from strapping these thing on! The raised heel really helps keep a good back position in an ATG squat.

If you do any significant amount of olympic lifts or even just deep front or back squats, I whole-heartedly recommend a pair of proper weightlifting shoes.

you'd think they would make some good lifting shoes in 4e (6+ inch wide foot sucks :icon_sad: ). instead us freaks with titanic girth stick to chucks w/the sides blown out. if you do have wide feet and are worried about shoe fit, i still lift with new balance, even with orthotics in.

dont worry about the flat shoe bs, you can also get away with a running shoe that has a high heel for ankle flexibility too

I've lifted in running shoes, all manners of sneakers, and most recently chucks (still planning on using those for deads and PL-style squats), but these things are really a whole 'nother ballpark if you're doing any O-lifting or oly-style squats. Too bad you can't get a proper weightlifting shoe in your size, you don't know what you're missing.

All the fancy shoes are fine and all but a cheaper alternative would be just to buy a pair of chuck taylors. I whole lot of the top powerlifting guys wear 'em.

All the fancy shoes are fine and all but a cheaper alternative would be just to buy a pair of chuck taylors. I whole lot of the top powerlifting guys wear 'em.

I have a pair of chuck taylors. They're great for powerlifting stuff, but not so great for olympic weightlifting stuff. Big difference. You won't find anybody at the olympics wearing chucks.

That kind of defeats the purpose of having an elevated heel. Chucks are fine for general lifting though.

By the way...my black Rogue Do-Wins came yesterday from Glenn Pendlay and look KICKASS. Unfortunately, they are a birthday present from my parents and I have to wait till May 5 to use them...as well as my Inzer belt... :icon_cry2

Which raises a question: I know they are kickass for squatting...but what about deadlifting? Does the elevated heel change the feel of deadlifting in a negative/positive way?

By the way...my black Rogue Do-Wins came yesterday from Glenn Pendlay and look KICKASS. Unfortunately, they are a birthday present from my parents and I have to wait till May 5 to use them...as well as my Inzer belt... :icon_cry2

Which raises a question: I know they are kickass for squatting...but what about deadlifting? Does the elevated heel change the feel of deadlifting in a negative/positive way?

Heels put you at a mechanical disadvantage for deadlifting.

Back