• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Best Online Marketplaces

Joe Mama

Tin Foil Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
What are some of the best online marketplaces as a private seller to peddle your unwanted wares?

I know that back in the day, Craigslist was the ticket when it came to P2P sales. Now people say its Facebooks marketplace.

Well, Im kind of on the fence with this because my last interactions with Farcebook have been less than stellar due to their epic wokeness or shitty AI algorithms.
I recently created a posting for a high end shotgun microphone and they put me in timeout saying that "my posting goes against their standards for selling weapons"

Bruh... ANYONE in the industry or anyone familiar with microphone architecture knows exactly what a 'shotgun mic' is... (Hint - no, its not for shotguns)

A shotgun microphone is a type of directional microphone that is designed to pick up sound from a specific direction while rejecting noise from other directions. It gets its name from its long, narrow shape, which is similar to the barrel of a shotgun.

So where are your go to spots to move stuff to a wide audience?

I recently created a posting for a high end shotgun microphone and they put me in timeout saying that "my posting goes against their standards for selling weapons"
Reminds me of when I got suspended from Twitter for a few days for some kind of violence rhetoric. It was a post about Ben Rothwell fighting Chris Barnett and I commented that I hope Ben Rothwell knocks out Chris Barnett. Twitter took it as inciting violence lol. I bet on Rothwell, I was calling on Chris Barnett to be murdered, I like him <Fedor23>

But anyway in terms of marketplaces, my ex's brother told me to try Tik Tok. He says bought a lot off of there recently. I didn't even know they have a marketplace.

Definitely more wingnuts on Facebook including facebook itself and the " is this item still available " which I don't bother responding to . You can put an ad up for an axe but a nail gun gets flagged

Craigslist still is still good .

What about eBay? People still use that?

Depends where you are. Here in the GTA Kijiji is pretty good.

What about eBay? People still use that?

I use it to buy rare/discontinued stuff. A while ago I bought an IBM Model M keyboard for my vintage PC. Better than any modern keyboard I have ever used.

Silk Road ;)
The problem with these darknet markets is the good ones shrivel up and close shop for no good reason, or get busted by the feds.

Dark alleyways have always done well for me. I might have to do that if this online thing doesn't pan out.

The problem with these darknet markets is the good ones shrivel up and close shop for no good reason, or get busted by the feds.

Dark alleyways have always done well for me. I might have to do that if this online thing doesn't pan out.

Dont forget about Bitcoin. It has proven itself relatively easy to track, especially lately. Thats why most dark net markets have moved to other cryptos that aren't getting so much attention from government agencies like the IRS. Monero, for instance.

I sell a lot on Facebook. You definitely have to watch what you advertise on there, it’s like a walking through land mines never knowing what their AI will flag. My Marc Jacobs watch got flagged for being fake (it wasn’t), a werewolf Halloween dress got flagged for sexual content (trust that it wasn’t a slutty costume it was literally a knee length dress), and the book IT by Stephen King got flagged because??? I really don’t know why.

I’ll say I’ve had far more smooth experiences there than bad ones. Though be aware of flaky people. And have fun with the weirdos. Oh. And I hear there’s a lot of scams but I haven’t encountered any myself yet.

I really like being able to buy obscure replacement parts on Amazon with Amazon as shipper at least. Got a replacement frig door rack, and looking to get a replacement very old gear for machine. I'm glad some parts are compatible with many models.

I really like being able to buy obscure replacement parts on Amazon with Amazon as shipper at least. Got a replacement frig door rack, and looking to get a replacement very old gear for machine. I'm glad some parts are compatible with many models.

Pics of old gear, covered in slutty lube.....

for a high end shotgun mic, the usual is FB marketplace/film makers group, offer up, ebay, and used gear sites hifishark or something similar.

for a high end shotgun mic, the usual is FB marketplace/film makers group, offer up, ebay, and used gear sites hifishark or something similar.
I just have to refrain from calling it a 'shotgun' microphone and call it a 'video camera' mic (even though this was used for VO)

*Sigh..* Ill relent and repost.

Christ on a motherfucking stick man...

FB is beyond frustrating. I just tried to relist my posting (that was denied because of the language) and now its saying "Hey, this looks like a duplicate posting - please upload new pictures before we publish it"

Seriously?? Fucking seriously??

Fuck Fakebook, and fuck your algorithms.
Seriously man..

Back