Best Non-Rousey Female Fighter AND Favorite Female Fighter Overall?

Cyborg is probably the best, Tate is my favorite.

When you say "Best", we're talking about skill, right? Leaving out the favorite part, i'm struggling to see why so many are saying Tate is the best female after Ronda. Where is she great? She's just 'good' everywhere and in the case of her striking, below average, plus she's extremely tough. On the ground which is her best area, she uses her wrestling mostly to control and hasn't really shown anything too impressive.

Joanna seems the only reasonable answer to me here.

1. It would be Jojed or Tate. Tate has crazy heart and is decently well rounded. Jojed is a technician at the highest level, male or female. Cyborg isn't even in the conversation. Tate has shown more all around game and fought tougher competition than Cyborg. And Jojed has such a high level of technical proficiency that Cyborg could spend the next 5 years training nothing but striking and she still wouldn't look remotely as good as Jojed is on the feet.

2. If you're excluding Rousey, then Jojed. Her striking is better than the vast majority of male fighters. Heck, it's even arguable that her technique is the best in MMA, male or female. Almost every guy on the UFC roster should be studying tape of how Jojed uses the full range of strikes, footwork and level changes. That's aside from her amazing use of elbows and knees when she breaks and enters the clinch. And the way she hits elbows when she's standing up from a sprawl is just beautiful. Punish on the way in, punish on the way out, and aggressively goes after her opponents looking to finish? How can you not love that?

In terms of all female fighters, I'll take Rousey. Flawless take downs, amazing transitions and her arm bars and body control while executing the arm bars are a master class in how to counter arm bar defense. That said, I'm partial to grappling. ;)

JJ is my favorite, nice technic, flow and personality. Amanda Nunes cuaght my anttention also with her last fight.

Cyborg, because she completely destroys her opponents

Favorite female fighter outside of Ronda would be Alltime: Hisae Watanabe because she was fucking awesome

Right now it's Joanna Champion because she is fucking awesome

Samesies.
I fucking loved watching Hisae fight. She was aggressive,had skill, and would fuck girls up. (and she looked like she enjoyed it) Great highlight vid there.

And yea, right now, it's Joanna. As others have said, she also fights with skill and aggression.

Hey, all!

Two questions for you:

1) In your opinion, of course, and excluding Ronda Rousey, who is the best female fighter on the planet and why?

2) Who is your personal favorite female fighter, regardless of how good they are or how much they've achieved in MMA, and why?

1) Cyborg... at least until they fight each other.

2) PVZ or Tate. One for the amazing pace, the other for her toughness and never die attitude! Both for their looks also :)

Lol dude, she can beat any test, which is why she fights in an org that has a single fight night piss test for $50k and 4,800 ppv buys.

She can beat any test, which is why she asked to be released from her UFC contract after random, out of competition drug tests were announced.

She can beat any test, which is why she demanded a 140 catchweight fight with Ronda, then balked when Ronda agreed with WADA testing.

Again, source for Ronda accepting a catchweight fight at 140, pending WADA testing. That is some bullshit. And by the way, Cyborg HAS a UFC contract currently. But don't let truth get in your way, little buddy. You hang in there.

Another fun fact: Cyborg is currently passing tests from the same athletic commissions as Ronda is. She pissed hot a long long time ago, a few months after Ronda made her major circuit MMA debut. You white nights give her so much crap because you are rightfully scared, just like Rousey.

Back