Best Non-Rousey Female Fighter AND Favorite Female Fighter Overall?

I had to look their names up cause I had forgotten
them after seeing their performances a few months
ago on invicta.... aspen ladd & christine stanley looked
like some exciting prospects. Justine kish is another
one that I want to keep my eye out for.

I absolutely love Zingano, but everyone pretty much
knows her at this point. She's probably my favorite
female fighter.

Alexa grasso is on the up & up
& is looking improved with every fight.
I expect her to be the one to dethrone
Jedjrezyzck in about a year or two's time.
Good headmovement. Good distance maintenence.
Throws multi limbed combos & is trained well.
& she's like, 21. Fuckin savage female.
& heart meltingly cute

Megumi Fujii was so far ahead of her time, and so awesome to watch in her prime. She's the greatest of all time, no question about it.

Right now, I would say that the next best fighter after Rondo is probably Tate. Former champ and all, yes, but really her claim to fame is being somewhat competitive against Rousey. More than almost anyone else can say. But that is a mmathmatical argument. Realistically, there are tons better fighters, they just aren't in the 135/145 divisions. Joanna is obviously fucking awesome, and I love her with all my heart. Gotta take her in the rematch with Gadelha, who also is clearly very highly skilled. Not to mention Aguilar, an impeccable and experienced fighter in her own right.

Honestly, there are a lot of really good female fighters out there. I'm excited to see where Moroz goes, I think Michelle Waterson still has a lot in the tank. When Rin Nikai gets to a suitable weight class for her, we're going to see some really fantastic fights out of her. Honestly, man, shit, WMMA is pretty cool.

Answer to both Gina Carano. Why? Because:

th

becaquse the trolls who gert banned keep coming back, worse each time.

Probably Miesha. I like watching her get all emotional after losing fights. I remember her eating a cupcake after the Kedzie fight on her birthday, covering her bruised face with her hair and trying to muster up a painful smile to the camera while watching Rousey dismantle Kaufman and retaining the belt she twisted out of her arms.

It was very satisfying.

I like how TS states "Best Non-Rousey Female Fighter", like my answer would be any different whether I include Rousey or not. Let me ask you a question. You put Ronda and Cyborg in a cage RIGHT NOW as they sit, no weigh ins or excuses, tell them the winner gets 100 million dollars, and you think Ronda wins? If so, man you are a real victim of UFC marketing. Ronda might be the best female fighter IF Cyborg has to drop to 135 and get emaciated.

1) In your opinion, of course, and excluding Ronda Rousey, who is the best female fighter on the planet and why?

Cyborg for the reasons above, intentionally including Rousey

2) Who is your personal favorite female fighter, regardless of how good they are or how much they've achieved in MMA, and why?

Cyborg and JJ are 1000 times more likable than Ronda. She used to be amazing, and humble. But lately she has gone to the Diaz Bros school of dickery. She is like a Diaz and Chael mix, with a wig on. There isn't a bigger hypocrite in all of MMA.

I like how TS states "Best Non-Rousey Female Fighter", like my answer would be any different whether I include Rousey or not. Let me ask you a question. You put Ronda and Cyborg in a cage RIGHT NOW as they sit, no weigh ins or excuses, tell them the winner gets 100 million dollars, and you think Ronda wins? If so, man you are a real victim of UFC marketing. Ronda might be the best female fighter IF Cyborg has to drop to 135 and get emaciated.

How about WADA testing, cuz Cris is ducking it hard.

Best - Cris Cyborg. I don't like her, her juicing, her management, her decision making, the competition she's choosing to face at 145lbs or anything about her really. She's still the best though until somebody beats her (in MMA).

Favorite: Ashlee Evans-Smith: American Hero.

While hanging my head in shame, I reluctantly agree on Cyborg. While I never thought Carano was particularly skilled, Cyborg demolished her 6 years ago and has been the best woman at 145 for a long time. To the list of "don't likes" I'd also add: her nickname, her weight, her face, her lack of twitter skills and her apparent family resemblance to Giant Silva

Last edited:

I left Cyborg out, not to diss her, because I believe she and Ronda are the best females out there, but instead because of what you mentioned: the UFC PR machine telling us who the best is and everyone buying into it without remotely either knowing who Cyborg is or her true history and dominance or just because they dislike Cyborg and believe anything Ronda says.

Cyborg, Cyborg and CYBORG

because she spit hot fire!

I think Cyborg is actually the best female fighter but JJ is my fav

For both questions:

^from the JJ Superstar thread.

Cyborg ( who I believe to be better than Ronda ) and Joanna.

Hey, all!

Two questions for you:

1) In your opinion, of course, and excluding Ronda Rousey, who is the best female fighter on the planet and why?

2) Who is your personal favorite female fighter, regardless of how good they are or how much they've achieved in MMA, and why?

For me it is Joanna Jedrzejczyk, with or without Ronda in the picture. In some ways she reminds me of myself, I like the way she carries herself inside and outside of the cage, and her fight style satisfies on all levels.

I love that JJ is aggressive in the cage without being an all out brawler. Her violence is so controlled and calculated. And I also respect that as good as she currently is, she very much wants to continue to improve and evolve her game.

I love that JJ is aggressive in the cage without being an all out brawler. Her violence is so controlled and calculated. And I also respect that as good as she currently is, she very much wants to continue to improve and evolve her game.

This.
I think that one of many advanges Jędrzejczyk has over her opponents is that she is one of very few female fighters that fight like a man: in controlled, emotionless manner.

the actual female GOAT, fujii.

edit: seriously, only one other guy has said megumi? stupid

Back