Best Non-Rousey Female Fighter AND Favorite Female Fighter Overall?

MMAViewpoint

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Hey, all!

Two questions for you:

1) In your opinion, of course, and excluding Ronda Rousey, who is the best female fighter on the planet and why?

2) Who is your personal favorite female fighter, regardless of how good they are or how much they've achieved in MMA, and why?

1. Miesha Tate because she's the number 2 in the most established female division while being undersized. She doesn't need to cut 25-30 lbs to pick on smaller girls like Cyborg or Gadelha and she's more battle tested and shown more well-roundedness than JJ.

2. Ronda Rousey because she's awesome and has revolutionized not just WMMA, but MMA.

1. Miesha Tate because she's the number 2 in the most established female division while being undersized. She doesn't need to cut 25-30 lbs to pick on smaller girls like Cyborg or Gadelha and she's more battle tested and shown more well-roundedness than JJ.

2. Ronda Rousey because she's awesome and has revolutionized not just WMMA, but MMA.

Thanks for answering both and giving reasons why. :)

Miesha Tate. Well she did kinda give Rousey a fight both times. Also I don't think anyone i any female division other than Rousey is better than her.
Zingano is really good too, but think Tate would win a rematch.

Pannie Kianzad. Maybe because I'm swedish, but I have also always liked this girl after I saw her fight for the first time.

Cyborg, because she completely destroys her opponents

Favorite female fighter outside of Ronda would be Alltime: Hisae Watanabe because she was fucking awesome

Right now it's Joanna Champion because she is fucking awesome

Ronda's revolutionised MMA? Okay.

I'd go with Joanna because she's shown a level of technical striking ability that mainstream MMA hasn't seen from women previously.

Cat.

Ronda + Joanna Champion.

Edit: Joanna has a smoking hot blonde friend.

who is the best? Arguments could be made for a lot of fighters.

my personal favorites? Waterson, Ham, Grasso, Torres. no particular order.

Last edited:
Ronda's revolutionised MMA? Okay.

She's gotten a revolutionary amount of mainstream attention for MMA, also being the first woman on P4P lists and being the most dominant champion and showing the most spectacular 'mastery of one technique' in a long time.

Best - Cris Cyborg. I don't like her, her juicing, her management, her decision making, the competition she's choosing to face at 145lbs or anything about her really. She's still the best though until somebody beats her (in MMA).

Favorite: Ashlee Evans-Smith: American Hero.

Cyborg, because she completely destroys her opponents

Favorite female fighter outside of Ronda would be Alltime: Hisae Watanabe because she was fucking awesome

Great highlight, thanks for that.

who is the best? Arguments could be made for a lot of fighters.

I don't think there are a lot of legit choices besides Cyborg, Miesha, Cat, Joanna, and Claudia TBH. The 125 and 105 divisions aren't really established enough for their top girls to make a case and JAG just got clearly beaten by Gadelha.

She's gotten a revolutionary amount of mainstream attention for MMA, also being the first woman on P4P lists and being the most dominant champion and showing the most spectacular 'mastery of one technique' in a long time.

None of those are very revolutionary. In fact, the last one is counter revolutionary.

Best, other than Ronda? Tate, Cyborg, or JJ.

Favourite females: JJ, Randa, Tate, Moroz

Back