Best Knee KO of all time?

5326405-5630662086-GDs7b.gif

If we're talking aftermath damage.

the knee didn't ko him but lets not forget what derrick lewis did two weeks ago

5326405-5630662086-GDs7b.gif

If we're talking aftermath damage.

I have heard MANY fighters say
"I'm gonna cave in your face!"

I have seen it happen only on this horrific occasion. What a brutal sport and injury.

I wish evangalista cyborg santos well and hope he is happy and financially secure in life after fighting, as this KO ended his career. (Already a pretty long career with a lot of milage and damage)

evangelista-santos-bellator-158-skull-scan-xray.jpg 366214A200000578-0-image-a-6_1468842215145.jpg

Crazy how similar this is to Askren vs Masvidal...

Just a different amount of attention which made the latter go completey viral.

Jose Aldo in WEC was a hurricane of beautiful violence. And his ground and pound was LETHAL, just an absolute death sentence. The way he pounder out Michael Thomas Brown and Manny Gamburyan was brutal, plus the Faber leg murder and the Cub ko... early Aldo was a beast.

WEC was awesome.

But the dude was still moving ...

Askren was legit flatlined ... and it was the first contact in the first seconds.

A lot of candidates in this video:

Even though I'm not a big fan of super light weight divisions, I have to give Cory Sandhagen credit for his knee against Frankie Edgar (timestamped in vid above), that one certainly sticks in my mind. Something about a fade away flying knee just makes it extra sweet.

As far as the big men, Tai Tuivasa's knee over Rashad Coulter in 2017 (4:47 in the vid above) is pretty ludicrous. I reckon basically no chin on earth could survive the power behind that knee.

But the dude was still moving ...

Askren was legit flatlined ... and it was the first contact in the first seconds.
Aldo vs Cub was also first contact/exchange of the fight.

Timing is almost identical. Cub was done while the clock read 4:56.

Aldo vs Cub was a #1 contender fight.
Aldo won the belt in his next fight.
A real belt.

Cub was KOed and had a huge gaping cut which gave him a scar for life to remind him of his 8 seconds in the cage with the FW GOAT.

Aldo and Cub painted the center of the WEC cage red. Bonus points for blood.

Screenshot_20230823_132708_Google.jpg
Screenshot_20230823_132959_YouTube.jpg Screenshot_20230823_132910_YouTube.jpg

I think it was this fight when rewatching that my friend said ”that’s why I’ll never compete”. Full power muay thai knee to the nose, horrible

<DCrying>

That was Luque! How tough is Mike Perry?

<{Joewithit}>

I gotchu!

tumblr_ompbutkd3n1r7vh24o1_540.gif

beautiful timing and explosiveness.

Here’s another one from Barboza, he still has got some good ones left!

edson-barboza-knee.gif
Noice

Damn, Luque kneed him so hard, he straightened out his nose and knocked about ten years off him.

This is my favorite. I love how right before the knees start, Rampage looks Wand in the clinch and smiles at him.
CoolBleakIchidna-max-1mb.gif
The way Rampage lands slumped and hanging on the ropes, blood puddle beneath him. That was quite the KO.

Back