Best kicker in MMA...

He did that twice
siver.gif

1027870_o.gif

Well thanks a bunch for reinforcing my point, which is that his work seems largely under appreciated in this thread. Cheers for the GIFs :)

Manhoef, Tyrone Spong, Cro Cop, Alves, Barboza, Aldo.......

Oh wait and Rampage, definitely Rampage.

God tier
Pettis
Cro Cop
Cung Le
Aldo
Overeem

Great tier
Siver
Thiago Alves
Forrest
Pat Barry

Cung, Anderson, Aldo

All these guys have speed, power, and excellent technique

Last edited:
God tier
Pettis
Cro Cop
Cung Le
Aldo
Overeem

Great tier
Siver
Thiago Alves
Forrest
Pat Barry

Seriously? Pettis? Overeem? The guys don't have the power/speed/arsenal of kicks to compete with guys like Crocop. Maybe Zaromskis. Siver, Alves, Forrest are all not very good either (according ALL criteria - speed/power/technique/arsenal).

God tier
Pettis
Cro Cop
Cung Le
Aldo
Overeem

Great tier
Siver
Thiago Alves
Forrest
Pat Barry

Best answer so far, imo. Good job with the appropriate categorizing. I'd add Shogun to great tier, as well. He's a better kicker than Forrest, imo, but Forrest def has some good low kicks. Better than Chuck's, Wand's or Lyoto's.

All-time it's Cro Cop.

Seriously? Pettis? Overeem? The guys don't have the power/speed/arsenal of kicks to compete with guys like Crocop. Maybe Zaromskis. Siver, Alves, Forrest are all not very good either (according ALL criteria - speed/power/technique/arsenal).

Siver has good speed, great power and excellent technique. CroCop was great, I'm not detracting from that, but that doesn't mean other guys aren't also great. Alves has great leg kicks, Forrest had decent leg kicks but I've never thought of him as a great kicker.

If you look at your criteria then Barboza is hard to overlook too, awesome power, fast, great variety, textbook technique.

Simple question, who is the best kicker in mma.

I'm talking in terms of effectiveness, power, speed, variety, maybe style/difficulty points too.

My picks so far are:

Pettis
Cung le
Barboza

Im sure there are more but these are my current top picks.

As far as effectiveness and variety go I would pick Jon Jones
For power and speed I would pick Jose Aldo, Renan Barao, Lyoto Machida and Pat Barry

Siver has good speed, great power and excellent technique. CroCop was great, I'm not detracting from that, but that doesn't mean other guys aren't also great. Alves has great leg kicks, Forrest had decent leg kicks but I've never thought of him as a great kicker.

If you look at your criteria then Barboza is hard to overlook too, awesome power, fast, great variety, textbook technique.

Yes, Barboza is definitely up there. I can't see any of the other guys you named coming even close to the like of CC/Barry/Zarmoskis/Barboza...

best kicks (not kick) belong to Cung le. He is the only one in the history of the sport to throw side, spinning, hook, head, leg, roundh, chop kicks all in almost every fight.

others fighters in here are just great with one type of kick.

the fact that the obvious answer, jose aldo.. was nowhere to be seen within the entire first page shows how much these forums know about mma

Shogun Rua until 2010, Jose Aldo, Ricardo Arona, Pettis, Barboza.

If by 'best kicker' you mean most effective in fights, I'd say Machida, Stephen Thompson and Cung Le.

Aldo, the way he times, and snaps of a Body or leg kick is the best in MMA, Pettis.... some of the best set ups and timing for head kicks i have seen since cro cop, AS is obviously amazing as well, the cool thing he sometimes does is, he gets his opponents worrying about his Kicks, Knee's and punches to the face, that when he attack the legs it's powerful

Back