Best kicker in MMA...

DVN**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Simple question, who is the best kicker in mma.

I'm talking in terms of effectiveness, power, speed, variety, maybe style/difficulty points too.

My picks so far are:

Pettis
Cung le
Barboza

Im sure there are more but these are my current top picks.

Believe or not, Dan Hardy has some vicious fucking kicks from great angles, he just rarely shows them off.

I'd go with Pettis, though.
Wide array, has power and sped behind them.

Not alot of well-rounded kickers left in MMA, sad to say. But Pettis encapsulates all of those pretty well

Well cro cop had the LHK of doom, but i would put guys like pettis and cung le above him.

They have variety, power, speed and style not just sheer power like CC.

Believe or not, Dan Hardy has some vicious fucking kicks from great angles, he just rarely shows them off.

I'd go with Pettis, though.
Wide array, has power and sped behind them.

yea man. its strange- hardy seemed so much more willing to throw kicks early in his UFC days- i remember him breaking out a bunch against Gono. maybe GSP's takedowns put the fear of god in him. i think he had some solid ones against Condit too though.

the best?

Prime Cro Cop, Cung, Pettis, Aldo and im sure im missing a few others.

my favorite are cro cop and cung le. not to sound like a fan boy but sakuraba had some pretty awesome kicks. if you watch his fight with vitor you'll see him do a couple spinning back kicks, good leg kicks, and some crazy kicks to a grounded belfort

condit/cerrone

both having amazing set ups that appear to come out of no where earning them multiple knockouts

Last edited:
Im a big fan of some good, hard, low-kicks. So my picks are a bit bias, but whatever:

Currently, Pat Barry would have to rate a mention. He has some massive legs, and he definatley knows how to use em. Infact Im pretty sure that his first UFC fight was stopped due to leg kicks.

Also, remember Aldo absolutley destroying Faber. That was tough to watch, and I was rooting for Aldo haha.
scaled_php.jpg

Manhoef is just brutal at everything striking related. I know he lost the fight, but he absolutley lit Robbie Lawler up with some inside thigh kicks in their match up.
2zxmul3.gif

ernesto hoost in k-1 in the da past

cro cop

Aldo

Depends on where they are kicking to.... Leg kicks? Aldo all day. Head kicks? Petis gets my vote.

Apart from Aldo (who has bar none the best MT in general, apart from legit MT fighters) and Pettis, Thiago Alves definitely deserves a mention. Best kicker at WW. Erik Silva too.

Back