Best Instant Noodles\Ramen packs

MUSTKILL

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
So throughout the past several years, I've been on this quest to find the best instant noodles money can buy. This ain't your regular Cup of noodles, but some top tier high-end stoner meal. In no particular order, here are some of my favorites:

Prima Laksa Lamian:
prima-taste-laksa-lamian.jpg

Laksa%2B-%2B4A.jpg

This is probably the best quality broth you'll ever get in an instant noodle package. The noodles are steamed and have an amazing texture and bounce to them. The broth is a combination of curry spicy shrimp paste and coconut milk. A bit expensive at $3 a packet, but definitely levels above everything else quality wise.

Shin Ramyun Black:
81bF9QmUZaL._SL1500_.jpg

shin-ramyun-black-02.jpg

Another instant noodle package with some amazing quality broth. There are two seasoning packets which give the soup insane depth. The vegetable pack also includes freeze dried beef which makes this an even more spectacular bowl of noodles. At almost half the cost of the Laksa, this is a good quality and quantity package.

Mama Creamy Tom Yum:
MAMA+Shrimp+Creamy+Tom+Yum+pk.jpg

At $.69 a pack, this is definitely the most bang for your buck. With an actual spicy kick, this broth isn't creamy like it advertises. It's definitely more spicy, citrus, and a little bit of sweet. If you're a Tom Yum fan, this is the best instant version you can buy.

Last edited:
Myojo Ramen:
myojo_shoyu_pkg_front.jpg

myojo_shio_ramen_bowl2.jpg

The texture to this ramen is top tier. These noodles are comparable to a lot of popular ramen spots in LA. The Myojo brand has several flavors of instant ramen, all of which are delicious and usually around $1 per pack.

Ive been looking to try those ones with all the chinese and japanese writing on them but they be scary......Do they all come with the freeze dried goodies that appear on the package? and the ones that do, how is the texture?

Ive been looking to try those ones with all the chinese and japanese writing on them but they be scary......Do they all come with the freeze dried goodies that appear on the package? and the ones that do, how is the texture?

Most of them are actually made in the US so it's not really that scary. For some reason, I just don't trust anything that comes from China. No offense to anyone lol
Most of the freeze dried goodies are usually just onions, green onions, mushrooms, and some have freeze dried meat that adds a good kick to the soup and noodles.

Most of them are actually made in the US so it's not really that scary.
Most of the freeze dried goodies are usually just onions, green onions, mushrooms, and some have freeze dried meat that adds a good kick to the soup and noodles.

fuck it i'm sold, Next time I'm at the store I'm gunna pic one of them all and see which one's are best I love a good roman and sammy but I'm tired of the same ramen ones.

I got a lean cuisine that was like a noodle bowl with chicken and pea pods the other day it was fuckin great.

One more vote for Myojo's Chuuka Zanmai (明星中華三昧). The GOAT of instant ramen!
090817-24-01.jpg

I'm not a noddle expert. I just grap a box of these bad boys and throw a shit ton of crushed red peppers on them.

images

Maybe one day, I'll upgrade to some of the recommendations in this thread.

I'm not a noddle expert. I just grap a box of these bad boys and throw a shit ton of crushed red peppers on them.

images

Maybe one day, I'll upgrade to some of the recommendations in this thread.

Yeah I just can do the maurchan(sp) ramen any more, Plus I'm a big broth person so I'll use double or triple the water sometimes depending on the level of hang over.

Any brand that is not loaded with MSG

This stuff is the best I've ever had. Nongshim Gourmet Spicy:

90074-nong-shim-shin-ramen-lg.jpg

They all make me feel like I'm going into a salt coma. However they were great to have in university.

Myojo Chukazanmai has the best tasting noodles since they're dried and not deep fried.

This thread made me go get real noodles to make a stirfry.

I was quite disappointed because the grocery store had none of these instant noodles, or I would have bought a metric ton.

Nong shim neoguri spicy seafood is awesome... but I don't really eat ramen anymore as its a days worth of sodium and one pack is not even filling.

This thread made me go get real noodles to make a stirfry.

I was quite disappointed because the grocery store had none of these instant noodles, or I would have bought a metric ton.

Depending on where you live, it can be trickyoto acquire these.

I usually go to any Asian market and they're bound to have one of my brands.

99 ranch market is a good place if you have one around.

Back