Best Instant Noodles\Ramen packs

hate ramen now a days. i rather eat chow mein than buy that shit anymore.MAMA is the shit though

This:

2h7nhbn.jpg

is the premium version of this:

90074-nong-shim-shin-ramen-lg.jpg

Personally, I generally prefer this stuff because it has thicker, chewier noodles:

nongshim-neoguri-front.jpg

Or this for a change of pace:

nongshim-chapagetti-front.jpg

This:

Personally, I generally prefer this stuff because it has thicker, chewier noodles:

nongshim-neoguri-front.jpg

Or this for a change of pace:

nongshim-chapagetti-front.jpg

Ugh. I find both those nasty. Shin ramyun is the shit. I boil mine down with less water and stir in an egg right at the end.

Also, the OG ramen:

sapporo_ichiban.JPG

Ugh. I find both those nasty. Shin ramyun is the shit. I boil mine down with less water and stir in an egg right at the end.

Also, the OG ramen:

sapporo_ichiban.JPG

I'm all about dropping an egg in whole and breaking the yolk after its gotten a little gooey.

Japanese instant ramen has better mild broths, but the Koreans do the spicy broths better. Korean instant ramyun has much more variety.

It's tasty stuff, but I rarely eat it these days. Deep fried gluten strings with a whole day's worth of sodium broth. Nutritional value = negative. College food, not a real meal.

I'm not a noddle expert. I just grap a box of these bad boys and throw a shit ton of crushed red peppers on them.

images

Maybe one day, I'll upgrade to some of the recommendations in this thread.

These are the one I usually get. Cheap as hell. Two packs cooked per package, drained for eating and broth in a cup for drinking. Good stuff...

P1000033.JPG

These semi-fresh packaged ramen are the best I've tried. They are even better than many of the ramen shops around the Bay IMO.

I used to eat a lot of Lucky Me Pancit Canton as a kid. I still like them.

lucky-me-pancit-canton.jpg

Oh, if we get to nominate the refrigerated ones, then my vote goes to Sun Noodle. Even some restaurants use their noodles, that's how good they are! The broths are OK too (about as good as you can get with instant), but the noodles are really, REALLY bomb!
sun_noodle_miso_ramen1.jpg

Theres a beef one in a dark gold colored pack thats probably the beat fast noodle ive tried so far. The noodles are good and the broth has a subtle licorice or anise taste to go with the beef. Theyre asian and i usually see them in a 5 pack for $3.99 but never sold individually.

This:

2h7nhbn.jpg

is the premium version of this:

90074-nong-shim-shin-ramen-lg.jpg

I couldn't find the premium version in the shops yesterday. But the red version is good enough for me - especially in winter because the spice heats me up.

Refrigerated noodles are better but require more work and pots.
I just picked up some new ramen tonight. Will report on it asap.

Nong Shim hot and spicy or kimchi, the one in the bowl. Thicker noodle with better texture than the packet version.

Saimin is nice, but I think refrigerated noodles are another bag entirely. If we're going to allow that, we'll also have to open up all the varieties of udon, not to mention dozens of varieties of Chinese noodles.

I couldn't find the premium version in the shops yesterday. But the red version is good enough for me - especially in winter because the spice heats me up.

Honestly, it's 90% marketing gimmick with the two soup packets. Undoubtedly, the broth is richer and tastier, but twice the cost for "premium" deep-fried, freeze-dried instant noodles? Meh.

Back