Movies Best foreign films

If you mention german movies and WWII you should watch

images

And I was not having a role in the one you mentioned but if you watch Inglourious Basterds you should spot me in this:p

You'd look fantastic in this uniform. :rolleyes: @HI SCOTT NEWMAN

783cb6756f3a92dd813c35aaf49ee266.jpg

i love foreign horror.

1. Rec
2. Ringu
3. The Orphange
4. Pans Labrynth
5. Brotherhood of The Wolf
6. Train to Busan

also loved
Life is beautiful
Y tu Mama Tambien
Crouching Tiger
Hero
The Raid
Pans labyrinth was very good. As are these others.

Give this film a try
This film is of course Japanese but it's this film that started the Battle Royale genre
MV5BMDc2MGYwYzAtNzE2Yi00YmU3LTkxMDUtODk2YjhiNDM5NDIyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTEwNDU1MzEy._V1_.jpg

If you like war films:
Stalingrad (1993)
Das Boot (1981)

Arguably two of the best WW2 films ever. Strongly recommend.

Scene from Stalingrad:

i would like to add film Kajínek(2010) its film whichis inspired and made by true events about Czech most famous "criminal" Jíří Kajínek (sentected for life imprisonment in 1993) his full story is here - https://kriminalistika.eu/muzeumzla/kajinek/kajinek_a.html

Official Trailer:

Trailer:

IMDB: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1573109/
Jiří Kajínek 2x fled from prison to found people which set him prison to proove that he is innocent (he was always caught before he could contact them) 2017- Jiří Kajínek was set free after 23 years in prison after CZ president reviewed his case and set him free as innocent

Director of film is Petr Jákl which is actually director of Medieval(Jan Žižka) - 2021 which is going to be most expensive Czech film in history recorded by holywood studios with actors like - Ben Foster,Michael Cain,Til Schweiger , etc... Petr Jákl is also director of Ghoul (2015)

or u can probably remember him from Alien vs Predator (2004) as Stone - https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0370263/characters/nm1362893

i highly recommend film Kajínek if there are some eng subtitles its very good film they also wanted to make American remake about Kajínek but Jákl didnt agree

i found it on Youtube with Deutch dabing -

And u can watch it on NETFLIX with english subtitles -https://www.netflix.com/title/81191822

Last edited:
The greatest Jewelry Heist ever put on Film
41kLyIfWH-L._SY445_.jpg

Apocalypse Now doesnt exist without Aguirre
aguirre-wrath-of-god-22798-movieposter.1533.jpg

71oFWgZp7DL._SL1500_.jpg

max1354481500-front-cover.jpg

0887254498292.jpg

images%2Ffilm%2Fmemories-of-murder-14953.v2.jpg

Reactions: Zer
Some Dutch ones.

upload_2020-6-27_22-28-51.jpeg
upload_2020-6-27_22-30-26.jpeg

^^ Both main roles are done by two of the best Dutch comedians. First movie is about a guy who breaks out of an institution for the criminally insane. Second movie is a fucking weird movie but funny. Long time since I've seen it.

upload_2020-6-27_22-45-10.jpeg

WWII movie with Carice van Houten AKA Melisandre the red witch from GoT.

Attachments

• upload_2020-6-27_22-37-31.jpeg
    upload_2020-6-27_22-37-31.jpeg
    12.7 KB · Views: 1
The most recent great foreign film I watched is by Gaspar Noe, called Climax.

It's bananas, and I loved it.

Train to Busan.
Train_to_Busan.jpg

Up thete in my top five of all time. All characters had an appreciable character arc and memorable death. Action scenes were great aswell as all the visuals, and all the suspense was hype as hell.

@Zer you gotta fling asian films at them

I break off a table leg and use it to scrawl Ddongpari into the floor

fucking that ^

Reactions: Zer
So what are best foreign films in your opinion?

I will throw some russian ones since i know most about them and will provide youtube links with eng subs

Брат/brother

One of the best russian films,has a legendary reputation in russia.

Films follows story of an criminal anti-hero and his adventures in saint petersburg (gta iv story was inspired by this film)

Heres the link to first part ,the russian company decided to post it in parts so sorry about that.

Recommend watching second film as well its not as good as first but still worth a watch.

Жить/live

Also one of the best films made there.Film follows a hunter who gets mixed up in criminal conflict.This is a very heavy film so if you want ligh hearted stuff this is not for you.
Main theme of the film is how far you are willing to go to survive.

Heres the link to the full film with eng subs

Дурак/ the fool

Also a very heavy film, deals with corruption in russia.Film follows a construction engineer trying to navigate through the corruption of officials to save the people of a building thats about to collapse.

Full fim with subs

Жажда/ thirst

A fairly unknown film but in my opinion great
Follows an alcoholic veteran of chechen war as he is trying to live his life after the war.

Main theme of the film is pursuit of happiness and what happiness is in the end.

Film is on youtube with subs but its quality is so bad i wont post it.

I will post more later since i have to go to sleep

But are you Russian or what? I thought you are from Finland. I thought The Green Elephant was good back in the 90s.

Back