Movies Best foreign films

French film: 120 battements par minute (I guess it translates to 120 beats per minute)
Brazilian: City of God (legendary film)
Argentinian: 9 reinas (would be a great option)

Yes, Suspiria! :)
Have you ever seen The Stalker? I’m embarrassed that I’ve never gotten around to watching it. Maybe I’ll watch it during this lockdown, too.
View attachment 755708

Tarkovsky was a true great. All of his work is worth watching bro

Tarkovsky was a true great. All of his work is worth watching bro

Yeah I’m gonna have to check this dude out. Now that I’m on this quarantine lockdown, I need to make time to watch some of his films.

Anything Miike Takashi

Also
MV5BMjIzMDc0NjI5MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMTY5OTkwMzE@._V1_UY1200_CR101,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

i love foreign horror.

1. Rec
2. Ringu
3. The Orphange
4. Pans Labrynth
5. Brotherhood of The Wolf
6. Train to Busan

also loved
Life is beautiful
Y tu Mama Tambien
Crouching Tiger
Hero
The Raid

"The Skin I Live In"

A Spanish film from the famous Pedro Almadorov. It's about a medical doctor who went insane. Writing, directing, and acting are all top notch.

mzi.tutnywki.jpg

I’m in a Feudal samurai mood.
Just what’s in my head atm.
So assuming you’ve seen 7 Samurai.

lol...

Last edited:
My 3 cents, hope you guys like it:

Die Welle

City of god is pretty good, it's Guy Richie based on a real story, yet the trailer is awful, feels like a WB channel break.

91sIClNjdVL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

And, well, the obvious - Slumdog Millionaire:

love me some old school zatoichi and lone wolf and cub.
plenty of movies to waste days on during a quarantine too

Takeshi Kitano's movies are pretty entertaining, particularly Kikujiro & Brother
Brotherhood is a real good Korean war movie
Amores Perros -from Argentina
J-P Jeunet's movies are amazing -totally unique, check Micmacs & Delicatessen
After the wedding -Danish movie

I like some of the Indian films like 3 Idiots or My Name is Khan. Rurouni Kenshin trilogy is probably my favorite though. I watched it before I got into anime (never read manga), so for someone that likes action and was clueless about the anime/manga I think it was the best live action adaptation I've seen.

The Kenshin movies were perfect! I liked the anime when I was a teenager. I think it was a rare time though where the source material was adapted and turned out better than the original. I loved the bad guy in the first movie that paralyzed people with his eyes. Shishio was a freaking monster in the last movie, it was perfect

There are 2 more of them coming out this summer to. One of this is a next story arc which I dont have high hopes for. The other is a prequel when he was an assassin, and I think that movie will be awesome

The Kenshin movies were perfect! I liked the anime when I was a teenager. I think it was a rare time though where the source material was adapted and turned out better than the original. I loved the bad guy in the first movie that paralyzed people with his eyes. Shishio was a freaking monster in the last movie, it was perfect

There are 2 more of them coming out this summer to. One of this is a next story arc which I dont have high hopes for. The other is a prequel when he was an assassin, and I think that movie will be awesome
You serious? I was always hoping they would do more Kenshin movies! Hopefully they don't mess them up.

Back