Movies Best foreign films

Cole train

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
So what are best foreign films in your opinion?

I will throw some russian ones since i know most about them and will provide youtube links with eng subs

Брат/brother

One of the best russian films,has a legendary reputation in russia.

Films follows story of an criminal anti-hero and his adventures in saint petersburg (gta iv story was inspired by this film)

Heres the link to first part ,the russian company decided to post it in parts so sorry about that.

Recommend watching second film as well its not as good as first but still worth a watch.

Жить/live

Also one of the best films made there.Film follows a hunter who gets mixed up in criminal conflict.This is a very heavy film so if you want ligh hearted stuff this is not for you.
Main theme of the film is how far you are willing to go to survive.

Heres the link to the full film with eng subs

Дурак/ the fool

Also a very heavy film, deals with corruption in russia.Film follows a construction engineer trying to navigate through the corruption of officials to save the people of a building thats about to collapse.

Full fim with subs

Жажда/ thirst

A fairly unknown film but in my opinion great
Follows an alcoholic veteran of chechen war as he is trying to live his life after the war.

Main theme of the film is pursuit of happiness and what happiness is in the end.

Film is on youtube with subs but its quality is so bad i wont post it.

I will post more later since i have to go to sleep

Doesn't that mean there would be subtitles?

I like some of the Indian films like 3 Idiots or My Name is Khan. Rurouni Kenshin trilogy is probably my favorite though. I watched it before I got into anime (never read manga), so for someone that likes action and was clueless about the anime/manga I think it was the best live action adaptation I've seen.

Don't know if considered foreign, but I watched this Showtime movie called The Wedding Guest and it wasn't bad or great.

Last edited:
My favorite. @BFoe @BroRogan @Clementine @HI SCOTT NEWMAN @Zer

der_hauptmann.jpg

So what are best foreign films in your opinion?

I will throw some russian ones since i know most about them and will provide youtube links with eng subs

Брат/brother

One of the best russian films,has a legendary reputation in russia.

Films follows story of an criminal anti-hero and his adventures in saint petersburg (gta iv story was inspired by this film)

Heres the link to first part ,the russian company decided to post it in parts so sorry about that.

Recommend watching second film as well its not as good as first but still worth a watch.

Жить/live

Also one of the best films made there.Film follows a hunter who gets mixed up in criminal conflict.This is a very heavy film so if you want ligh hearted stuff this is not for you.
Main theme of the film is how far you are willing to go to survive.

Heres the link to the full film with eng subs

Дурак/ the fool

Also a very heavy film, deals with corruption in russia.Film follows a construction engineer trying to navigate through the corruption of officials to save the people of a building thats about to collapse.

Full fim with subs

Жажда/ thirst

A fairly unknown film but in my opinion great
Follows an alcoholic veteran of chechen war as he is trying to live his life after the war.

Main theme of the film is pursuit of happiness and what happiness is in the end.

Film is on youtube with subs but its quality is so bad i wont post it.

I will post more later since i have to go to sleep

Do people from other countries not consider American movies as foreign films? From your point of view they are foreign.

Genuinely curious how this is viewed by non-Americans.

The Lives of Others
Downfall
Brotherhood of the Wolf
Life is Beautiful

I've always liked The 400 Blows.

Mostly what I've seen is shitty foreign b movies though.

I have mixed feelings about El Topo and The Holy Mountain

Downfall (der Untergang)
The Counterfeiters
Das Boot
Woman in Berlin
The Wages of Fear (@Zer)
Stalingrad
The Killer
A Better Tomorrow
Life is Beautiful

Scottish film. My favorite film of all time, although nobody likes it the first time so it's hard to recommend. It's so subtle and nuanced it's really hard to appreciate at first. Those who know and love it are a sacred brotherhood.

It has an extraordinary soundtrack courtesy of Mark Knopfler.

local-hero-movie-poster-1983-1020198017.jpg

Good crime movie
MmY0OTk1MjFjNT.jpg

Good prison movie
A_Prophet.jpg

Last edited:
large_dKVqsXrT0yfoPpLTYRJBIiVLBHi.jpg

th

nnw1EsilK6FPZhDDcE2xNl8Ss1k.jpg

good-morning-night-poster-0.jpg

Being German I have seen many, many foreign (none Hollywood) movies and the strength of these movies are usually those that touch upon human emotions and consequences as well as love and it’s bitter reality.

I chose these four as I always find myself watching them ever few years (especially in the mood for love and days of being wild, wkw was something special before the ‘97 handover) and I fully recommend them to anyone.

large_dKVqsXrT0yfoPpLTYRJBIiVLBHi.jpg

th

nnw1EsilK6FPZhDDcE2xNl8Ss1k.jpg

good-morning-night-poster-0.jpg

Being German I have seen many, many foreign (none Hollywood) movies and the strength of these movies are usually those that touch upon human emotions and consequences as well as love and it’s bitter reality.

I chose these four as I always find myself watching them ever few years (especially in the mood for love and days of being wild, wkw was something special before the ‘97 handover) and I fully recommend them to anyone.

You were my canary in a coal mine for the down time.

I had a tab open for Sherdog and would periodically refresh to see if it was back. You were the last post on the top thread, so if you were still there, the site was still down.

You were my canary in a coal mine for the down time.

I had a tab open for Sherdog and would periodically refresh to see if it was back. You were the last post on the top thread, so if you were still there, the site was still down.
Ha, really? That maintenance took a fair while too

Back