Best film since 2010?

Place Beyond the Pines was a brilliant film as well. The Spectacular Now looks good as well

The Avengers wasn't very good either. It was just a typical superhero movie.

Hard choice between Django and Inception.

Went with Django.

Im with the other people slamming TDKR. Doesn't belong on this list.
It certainly doesn't. It was tiers below the first and (especially) second in the series.

The cut off made it interesting, 2009 had both Avatar and Inglorious.

Going with Django, because I don't remember having as much fun and so many memorable moments in a film since.

The cut off made it interesting, 2009 had both Avatar and Inglorious.

Going with Django, because I don't remember having as much fun and so many memorable moments in a film since.
Well, since Avatar was a piece of shit, it really doesn't matter.

Well, since Avatar was a piece of shit, it really doesn't matter.

Planet Earth making it the highest grossing movie of all time disagrees with you. So do the mountains named after it and the guy who died watching it because he was too excited.

Haven't seen a lot of standout movies since 2010. Off the poll I'd have to go with Warrior as it at least had some heart to it, out of the ones I saw (Avengers, TDKR, Inception) off the list.

Surprised The Hobbit wasn't on the poll though it was better than most there or at least had the clout to deserve to be there.

A lot of people are putting Drive in their lists but I thought Only God Forgives was a lot better. Anyway you slice it Nicolas Refn is an interesting director.

Gravity as it stands is excellent too but it just came out and seeing as I just watched it, it might just be that I am still jacked from it and it hasn't full percolated through my system yet.

Haven't seen a lot of standout movies since 2010. Off the poll I'd have to go with Warrior as it at least had some heart to it, out of the ones I saw (Avengers, TDKR, Inception) off the list.

Surprised The Hobbit wasn't on the poll though it was better than most there or at least had the clout to deserve to be there.

A lot of people are putting Drive in their lists but I thought Only God Forgives was a lot better. Anyway you slice it Nicolas Refn is an interesting director.

Gravity as it stands is excellent too but it just came out and seeing as I just watched it, it might just be that I am still jacked from it and it hasn't full percolated through my system yet.

Hyperglide
read my mind
I liked Drive

Warrior was good
but not impressed
since 2009
tbh

Zero Dark Thirty?
maybe
it was very good

Un Prophete

It was released in France in '09 but major world release was in '10. So if this qualifies, then Un Prophete has my vote. If not, I'll have to pick another movie.

well one thing i hope we can all agree on is that the hobbit was terrible

I was going to vote for How to Train Your Dragon but then I saw The Fighter was in the others list. That movie is way better than Warrior and should be on the official poll. I'm not even much of a boxing fan at all but it isn't hard to tell between an average sports movie and an exceptional one.

So my vote goes to The Fighter.

i love drive but i agree that OGF was the more interesting film, although i wouldn't say a lot better but it's apples an oranges considering how different they are

however, i'd bet most in this thread haven't seen it and even if they did they probably didn't like it as much as drive

i was a bit shocked at how negative some of the reactions to that movie were, it was clearly not for everybody but i figured it would have an overall positive response

Back