Best fighting series to date

Virtua Fighter 4 on PS2 had a cool mode where AI opponents were patterned after the top arcade players in Japan.

Virtua Fighter 4 on PS2 had a cool mode where AI opponents were patterned after the top arcade players in Japan.

That would be awesome if they still did that. It would add an excellent feature to a game.

That being said, can fighting game developers make a CPU character that isn't broken (I.E. comes back to life 5 times) that would be able to read frame data perfectly or will the human mind always find a way to beat them?

I loved how they included tournament matches on the disc as well. There were also other videos you could unlock like this guy doing Akiras SPOD with one hand.

tumblr_ncufq9uPTf1slig2vo1_400.gif

This is something I just don't understand about people who enjoy fighting games. The only time I feel that beating a character that isn't human is a broken CPU character. Other than that, beating the CPU is incredibly boring when compared to beating a human on the other end. That's what fighting games are truly about. If this wasn't the case, fighting game arcades in the 90's would have been single player only.

The majority of ppl live in places where theres too much lag online to enjoy pvp but are still fans of the genre. Makes sense?

The majority of ppl live in places where theres too much lag online to enjoy pvp but are still fans of the genre. Makes sense?

What majority are we talking about? That's kind of a blanket statement. The majority of SFV copies were sold in North America, with Japan and the U.K. not far behind.

Besides, wouldn't a fighting game get incredibly stale if you had to fight the CPU the whole time?

What majority are we talking about? That's kind of a blanket statement. The majority of SFV copies were sold in North America, with Japan and the U.K. not far behind.

Besides, wouldn't a fighting game get incredibly stale if you had to fight the CPU the whole time?

The majority of the ppl in the world.

Yes, because SFV didnt have any worthwhile SP content, so its mainly ppl interested in online play that have bought it.

Evidently no, otherwise SP games would be a thing of the past, which isnt so. Also who said the whole time? I just wanted there to be SP content that I could play during the times I don't have a decent connection with other players.

For me it's tie between Mk and tekken Mk is what got me Into video games in the first place

Bloody roar needs to make a come back so does clay fighter fighting as a blob and Santa Claus that talk shit while kicking ass was great

Bloody roar needs to make a come back so does clay fighter fighting as a blob and Santa Claus that talk shit while kicking ass was great
Clay Fighter? Might as well bring back Rise of the Robots while you're at it.

The majority of the ppl in the world.

Yes, because SFV didnt have any worthwhile SP content, so its mainly ppl interested in online play that have bought it.

Evidently no, otherwise SP games would be a thing of the past, which isnt so. Also who said the whole time? I just wanted there to be SP content that I could play during the times I don't have a decent connection with other players.

I can see your point, but I would have to disagree with 'the whole world'. I'm sure we could narrow down the fighting game market to specific regions through sales analysis. I'm betting that the countries I listed and adding in China and Korea would probably be the majority of sales. If you're referring to 3rd world countries or countries with poor internet service, then yes SP is a must for any fan. Only fighting the CPU would be boring to me and I wouldn't feel like I'm ever progressing towards anything in the game.

I feel like we might view fighting games a bit differently. If they never added in a story mode and only had a training stage I would be ok with that. As long as you can set the CPU up so it will challenge you, I would be fine.

For me my favorites have always been KoF, Guilty Gear, MvC2, SvC and Capcom vs SnK, Soul Calibur, Rival Schools, Star Gladiator/Plasma Sword, Power Stone, and SSB.

That would be awesome if they still did that. It would add an excellent feature to a game.

That being said, can fighting game developers make a CPU character that isn't broken (I.E. comes back to life 5 times) that would be able to read frame data perfectly or will the human mind always find a way to beat them?

The one in VF4Evo wasn't prefect either. It would do combos that the top players did at the time like Ohsu Akira, but it still felt like one of those cheap AIs that countered a lot of what you did. Sometimes it would stand there waiting for me to do something and as soon as I stuck out a jab or something, it would automatically sidestep or counter. Maybe someone like Ohsu could do that, I dunno.

Either way, it still wasn't as good as fighting a human player, but at least they TRIED to give you that experience of going to tournaments with their quest mode + the best training mode to this day.

SF2 arcade is my fav fighter of all-time (Guile). I got really into Tekken 2 arcade (King) and Tekken 3 (Ling Xiao Yu) for awhile as well. I'm too slow to play fighters anymore though.

If we are talking series its Street Fighter hands down. Mortal Kombat XL is pretty much my favorite fighting game of all time now. It's everything you can want in a fighting game. Capcom vs SNK 2 will always hold a special place in my heart tho.

I was addicted to Tekken TAG Tournement PS2
(truly great game)
So Tekken for me
but StreetFighter & Mortal Kombat are the games that started it all and should not be ignored.

Tekken was better gameplay wise imo.
It could get technical very fast...

If we are talking series its Street Fighter hands down. Mortal Kombat XL is pretty much my favorite fighting game of all time now. It's everything you can want in a fighting game. Capcom vs SNK 2 will always hold a special place in my heart tho.

which character have u been using after the tanya nerfs?

Back