Best fighting series to date

which character have u been using after the tanya nerfs?
I main Triborg (Sektor) now. I like his ability to control space and neutral heavy focus. He's a very honest character. I've been finally working on Quan as well. I really like his Warlock variation. I'd trade anything to have Tanya back to her former glory tho.

Guilty Gear and BlazBlue.

I can't, for the life of me, tell you what the fuck the BB story is about, but as far as fighting mechanics, I fucking love it. It's similar to my personal fave GG, but different enough to have its own distinct feel.

Ever since I got into the GG series years ago, starting with X2: #Reload, I haven't been able to have fun with a SF game. That shit is like molasses in comparison to Guilty Gear and BlazBlue.

I main Triborg (Sektor) now. I like his ability to control space and neutral heavy focus. He's a very honest character. I've been finally working on Quan as well. I really like his Warlock variation. I'd trade anything to have Tanya back to her former glory tho.

yeh sektor's honest for sure, i like the way his moves look but i don't like the way he plays -- i traded in jax for subzero grandmaster and been playing the crap out of unstoppable jason lately. that sucks that they change the character u play from top tier to lowish tier. - although i hated playing against tanya lol

I'm really interested in seeing if we get any more characters in a kombat pack 3 --- at one point i thought KP3 was inevitable but now as we are getting further into the year and haven't really heard anything i'm not so confident in that

Street fighter and it isn't close. I like the vs games too, but they're basically just an extension of the sf games.

yeh sektor's honest for sure, i like the way his moves look but i don't like the way he plays -- i traded in jax for subzero grandmaster and been playing the crap out of unstoppable jason lately. that sucks that they change the character u play from top tier to lowish tier. - although i hated playing against tanya lol

I'm really interested in seeing if we get any more characters in a kombat pack 3 --- at one point i thought KP3 was inevitable but now as we are getting further into the year and haven't really heard anything i'm not so confident in that
Grandmaster Sub is wicked good. I like Cryomancer myself. Hes actually a character I've never really struggled against. What pisses me off most about the Tanya nerfs is that she wasn't even broken just really good. Nothing she had was OP she was just really really good at one this and that was being a rush down pressure character. The extra frame on back 1 and taking the armor from the tonfa swipe I can be OK with but they nerfed so much else that didn't need to be mean while characters like Lao, Kang, and Quan only got minor nerfs and are still top tier.

I don't know if the next announcement is gonna be a new KP but Ed did say to expect some big news soon. Most thought it would be at EVO but it wasn't ready in time. What I'd really like to see is a fixed PC version. Would really help reinvigorate the scene.

You really do have to give it to the street fighter series, its just that the game has become such a huge part of pop culture that people forget its significance in the gaming history.

VF all day!

Vanessa and dem catch throws and wall combos. Tasty.

Historically, SF is probably the most popular, and most played, but recently, MKX shits on any fighting game in history.

King of Fighters. The series got a little weak but damned if the games didn't bring something to different to both move sets and the team fighting.

the street fighter series is pretty hard to argue with though, from 2-5 they're all solid titles.

Tekken used to be my favourite series, especially enjoyed T3 and T5.

I used to love how most of the fighters were based off real Martial Arts, but they seemed to be moving away from that with introduction of Lars in T6.
Lot of people say this kind of things and it is somewhat odd since Tekken 2 had Devil, Angel and a Dinosaur characters.

I really like Tekkens gameplay, having 1 button for each limb just makes it feel natural. Makes it easy to remember how moves and button combinations go together.

Lot of people say this kind of things and it is somewhat odd since Tekken 2 had Devil, Angel and a Dinosaur characters.

I really like Tekkens gameplay, having 1 button for each limb just makes it feel natural. Makes it easy to remember how moves and button combinations go together.

I guess it has something to do with the fact that I started playing with T3, which had most of its characters based on RL martial arts. No devil or angel BS.

Sure there have always been joke characters like Kuma, Boskonovitch and the Dinosaur mini me, but atleast they didnt take themselves seriously.

Lars and Alice just annoy the hell out of me. Don't seem to fit in at all and their designs just dont do anything for me.

Really like Drugonov, Miguel and that other Chick whose name starts with a Z.

Speaking of realism in Tekken, have you watched this guys channel?

Personally, I main Lei Wulong. He has all those stances which give lot of options on how to deal with things.

Street Fighter
Soul Calibur
Tekken
Virtua Fighter
MK
The "Versus" series including MvsC and especially MvsC 2

I guess it has something to do with the fact that I started playing with T3, which had most of its characters based on RL martial arts. No devil or angel BS.

Sure there have always been joke characters like Kuma, Boskonovitch and the Dinosaur mini me, but atleast they didnt take themselves seriously.

Yeah, but you had this guy.

latest

I take your True Ogre and raise you Gon

Already mentioned.

LOL fucking True Ogre. I've blocked him out of my memory.

Still T3 Roster was GOAT.

Also

Jinpachi > True Ogre > Whatever the Hell T6 boss was

Yeah, a big boss in a game like that is pretty lame. I wonder if anyone figured out how to play him online with hacks...

Back