Best fighting series to date

ga_ninja

Whopper or Die
@purple
Reaction score
Tekken hands down, it makes SF look like PAC man and MK only has it beat is in the storyline. Tekken gameplay is pretty complex and balanced especially my fav Tekken 3. I've been playing the series since I was 5 back in 95.

Easily Virtua Fighter. The only great 3d fighting game franchise. Makes Tekken look like the kiddie pool.

Tekken hands down, it makes SF look like PAC man and MK only has it beat is in the storyline. Tekken gameplay is pretty complex and balanced especially my fav Tekken 3. I've been playing the series since I was 5 back in 95.
I will disagree with you. I've been playing Street Fighter since 1991 and I absolutely hate Tekken's mechanics. QCF is the only way to play.

Dead or Alive was pretty damn good too, although I have not played it in awhile so I don't know what it is like these days.

SF although Soul Caliber is close as well like the way they incorporated weapons.

I was going to come in here and say Tekken is the best. My two favorites are Tekken and Virtua Fighter. Grew up on those in the arcades in the 90's.

Tekken and KOF (My first fighting games I played was with a neogeo emu, so most SNK games are a plus in my books) for me. I liked DOA as well, despite being a Tekken knock-off.

Guilty Gear isn't too popular, but its a good series as well.

I prefer 2D fighting games over 3D so any SF or VS game is the best, IMO

Tekken is a decent game, but saying SF is leagues below it is pure crazy talk. SFV with all it's faults is shaping up to be one of the best and most entertaining fighting games I've ever played. And, its only 5 months old. They will keep adding content, fighters, V-Skills and balance changes to it. Which (in theory) should improve the already excellent gameplay.

I'll give Tekken 7 a run, but I doubt I will enjoy it as I've never really caught on to Tekken. I'm sure it is very deep and complex, but using it as a standard doesn't make it a better game. Look as SFIV. It was really complex with the OS in the game and in order to play at a high level, you had to know how the whole OS gaming mechanic worked.

6 Buttons > 4 Buttons

2-player: Street Fighter

4-player: Smash or Power Stone

Tekken and KOF (My first fighting games I played was with a neogeo emu, so most SNK games are a plus in my books) for me. I liked DOA as well, despite being a Tekken knock-off.

Guilty Gear isn't too popular, but its a good series as well.

DOA was a lot more like VF than Tekken.

VF is super technical but can be too complex at times, I practiced Akira for months and was only able to do decent in comps.

Tekken and SF have the arcade biggest scene here in my area. I play it but I'm not too attached.

My absolute favorite though are SF3d Strike, Kof 98 and CVS2.

VF is super technical but can be too complex at times, I practiced Akira for months and was only able to do decent in comps.

Tekken and SF have the arcade biggest scene here in my area. I play it but I'm not too attached.

To be fair, Akira isn't actually the easiest character to learn. Nothing is more impressive than an Akira player in any fighting game, imo.

I always found it strange that Akira was a kung fu guy who wore a karate gi

3rd strike was awesome, a local bubble tea store had arcade machines and 3rd strike was one of them. Great way passing my spare / extended lunch

I'm with you OP, tekken is my fav fighting game series

First fighting game I ever played was tekken 2. Then I played 3 4, tag, 5 & tekken 3ds which is basically 6. Favorite of the series might be tekken 5DR, loved that game on the psp

I named my PSN after Marshall Law, it'll be time to put it to the test once tekken 7 comes out

Soul Calibur 2 could be my favorite fighting game ever tho

I've always liked Street Fighter better, although I'm still excited for Tekken 7.

BlazBlue deserves a mention also, not too many people have played it but it has a good amount of depth.

Tekken used to be my favourite series, especially enjoyed T3 and T5.

I used to love how most of the fighters were based off real Martial Arts, but they seemed to be moving away from that with introduction of Lars in T6.

So, Of late though, I've been playing SFIV more.

Maybe that will change once T7 comes along. Staying away from SFV till they actually have enough content in that game to warrant a purchase.

Tekken used to be my favourite series, especially enjoyed T3 and T5.

I used to love how most of the fighters were based off real Martial Arts, but they seemed to be moving away from that with introduction of Lars in T6.

So, Of late though, I've been playing SFIV more.

Maybe that will change once T7 comes along. Staying away from SFV till they actually have enough content in that game to warrant a purchase.

It's a fighting game. All the content you need is training and vs mode.

Back