Best Fighter in GOT Tournament | Round 2 | #4) Robert Baratheon vs #12) Syrio Forel

so syrio can take out drogo but not the fat drunk cuckold by incest guy that was killed by a porker?

now i have seen it all.

jesus christ mayberry.

Drogo would wear little to no armour. Quick little slashes would split him open. Robert had full plate. Also it's prime vs prime, not drunken fat Robert.

I think Robert was supposed to have a build similar to the Hound. Someone mentioned it in a previous thread

You should have a tale of the tape for the upcoming fights.

Robert "The Usurper" Baratheon
Height: 6'6"
Estimated weight: 250lbs
Weapon of Choice: A 10lb Steel Warhammer.
Armor?: Yes. Extra thick.
Notable Deeds: At age 19, won three battles in a single day, slaying Lord Fell and capturing "Silveraxe" Fell. Slayed Rhaegar Targaryen on the Trident.
Dead?: Yes. Poisoned by wife and killed by a boar. Boar got killed and eaten, tho.

Syrio "Dancing Master" Forel
Estimate Height: 5' 6"
Estimated Weight: 130lbs.
Weapon of Choice: Rapier
Armor?: Nope.
Notable Deeds: Once saw that a cat was, in fact, a cat. Taught an 8 year old girl to run around King's Landing.
Dead?: Yep. Killed by Meryn "Fucking" Trant.

Drogo would wear little to no armour. Quick little slashes would split him open. Robert had full plate. Also it's prime vs prime, not drunken fat Robert.

this is GOT math my friend. and it simply doesn't add up.

allimsayin

that's a big difference from the show Robert.

you don't "land some blows" in sword fighting. it's not MMA. taking a single hit can kill you or seriously maim you.

Robert is in full plate and only has a few soft spots(under his arm pits, back of his knees, eyes holes). His armor will eat up the hits. The difference with his big ass war hammer is it smashes plate. Plate will eat up some of the force but you will still feel it and eventually the plate will fail with repeated hits.
Plate is designed to stop swords except for an Estoc, which is designed to pierce and not slash. Syrio has a rapier which is used as a stabbing weapon but does not have the weight to effectively pierce plate.
The first swords only shot is to take the Bronn approach. Try to wear Robert out, which based on the books would take a long time and a dangerous game due to one shot and it is over.
So like I said, Robert will take some shots and gladly give up the shots to close the gap, for his one shot, which is all he needs.

I think Robert takes it via armor and size/strength.

Syrio is awesome but it would be fairly tough to overcome.

Is it a sure thing that Syrio never wears armor? I mean we have only seen him in his teaching gear on the show.

Is it a sure thing that Syrio never wears armor? I mean we have only seen him in his teaching gear on the show.

The fact that we're giving Syrio a foil is already too much. Dude works head of security. He said himself that there were better warriors than him that applied for the job. What would he do is one of those better warriors attacked the man he has to protect?

For all we know, Syrio walked around weaponless and gave tactical commands to a team of soldiers that protected the Sealord. No other warrior in the series walked around weaponless all the time like Syrio. Bronn takes his actual sword with him when using sparring swords with Jaime.

The fact that we're giving Syrio a foil is already too much. Dude works head of security. He said himself that there were better warriors than him that applied for the job. What would he do is one of those better warriors attacked the man he has to protect?

For all we know, Syrio walked around weaponless and gave tactical commands to a team of soldiers that protected the Sealord. No other warrior in the series walked around weaponless all the time like Syrio. Bronn takes his actual sword with him when using sparring swords with Jaime.

Not sure what point you are trying to make. I don't think he would choose to be weaponless if he'd enter a tournament.

Robert in full plate w/ a warhammer? I don't see Syrio having the range to deal w/ the hammer or the sword to deal w/ the plate.

book Robert is a 6'4" powerhouse, show Robert is the short fat guy from Full Monty

yeah, and in the show syrio is a halfling. what is his deal in the books?

it should be either book vs book or show vs show.

lethal is orchestrating a work imo. this is bs.

yeah, and in the show syrio is a halfling. what is his deal in the books?

it should be either book vs book or show vs show.

He's a halfling in the book, too.

Not sure what point you are trying to make. I don't think he would choose to be weaponless if he'd enter a tournament.

I wasn't sure if this was each participant entering a tourney to the death or if this was just a "how do they typically fight?" sort of deal.

We have less information about Syrio's combat ability than we did about The Dragonknight or Blackfyre, but no one's holding that against him.

Syrio had the right style to pick Drogo apart, but Robert with armor and huge mace = death.

tumblr_magm8yMJoo1rsud01.gif

I voted for Drogo in Round 1

I voted for Drogo in Round 1

i know. i checked after the poll was closed. i missed it because no one sent me a PM. when they opened it...ahem.

not that it would have mattered anyway. all these haters tryna keep the khal down.

Back