Best Fighter in GOT Tournament | Round 2 | #4) Robert Baratheon vs #12) Syrio Forel

Syrio Pharrell can beat Khal Drago. Drago wears no armor and the first sword picks Drago apart. It would be a couple 10-7 rounds before Drago is put away.
The first sword going against Prime Robert in plate is like a featherweight boxer going against a heavy hitting heavyweight who is wearing full training gear. There is nothing Syrio can do to hurt Robert other than hitting his limited small weak spots.
If they were fighting with no armor and swords I would take Syrio all day.
The plate, war hammer and Robert's size advantage makes this a no brainer.
If they fought 100 times it would be Robert 96 and Syrio 4.
Forgot to add, Syrio can't sword dance in plate if he wore plate it would be out of 100 fights Robert 120 to Syrio 0.

Robert would cave Syrio's chest in worse than he did Rhaegars

In the books, Jaime is considered the best fighter.

In the show, the Hound has clearly shown he is the top dog in terms of fighting.

In all honesty, Jaime's depiction on the show is rather disappointing. The only thing he has done is put a dagger through Jory's eye (Oh and dualed a stalemate with Ned). The Hound's body count is damn near 20 now.

The Hound has also slain multiple people at a time in multiple scenes (Blackwater, Frey soldiers, and at the Inn). It also wasn't easy either seeing as how the Baratheon troops at the Blackwater are very well trained and skilled and he had to deal with his childhood fear of fire. I admit that the Frey soldiers were a bunch of cans but he managed make easy work of three of them. Polliver's boys were more well trained and they managed to get the upper hand at one point and Sandor still came out on top. Show wise, the Hound>>>>All other warriors until proven otherwise.

Jaime, OTOH, was decisively defeated by Brienne. Granted he's been out of practice and malnourished for months, he still should have won if he is considered that great of a warrior. I have no doubt that a starving out of practice Hound would still carve Brienne up like a turkey.

Jaime, OTOH, was decisively defeated by Brienne. Granted he's been out of practice and malnourished for months, he still should have won if he is considered that great of a warrior. I have no doubt that a starving out of practice Hound would still carve Brienne up like a turkey.

At the level they're at, no one can beat anyone else with a year of no training/being emaciated. Put Cain Velasquez in prison for a year, deny him the ability to exercise, deny him proper nutrition. Then, when he gets out, shackle his feet and put him in a fight without any warm up. He'd very likely lose to any top welterweight. Think of how horrific his cardio would be and how much muscle mass he'd lose.

Brienne is 6' 6" and stronger than most of the elite male swordsman. The fact that Jaime even put up a fight against her in his condition is about as high fantasy as Dany's dragons.

Syrio because Robert needs a breast plate stretcher to put his armor on.

Are we only using GOT version though? ITT people have been using GOT and ASOIAF characters, and considering we're using prime Robert here I thought it would be the book version (considering information from ASOIAF is also allowed). Book Robert was 6'6 and one of the strongest warriors in Westeros history. He's far bigger than show Robert.

Agree with this Book Robert was basically Khal Drogo with Armor and a war Hammer , one of the most Brutal warriors in the history of Westeros and one of the few people that could take on the Mountain one on one.

In the books, Jaime is considered the best fighter.

In the show, the Hound has clearly shown he is the top dog in terms of fighting.

In all honesty, Jaime's depiction on the show is rather disappointing. The only thing he has done is put a dagger through Jory's eye (Oh and dualed a stalemate with Ned). The Hound's body count is damn near 20 now.

The Hound has also slain multiple people at a time in multiple scenes (Blackwater, Frey soldiers, and at the Inn). It also wasn't easy either seeing as how the Baratheon troops at the Blackwater are very well trained and skilled and he had to deal with his childhood fear of fire. I admit that the Frey soldiers were a bunch of cans but he managed make easy work of three of them. Polliver's boys were more well trained and they managed to get the upper hand at one point and Sandor still came out on top. Show wise, the Hound>>>>All other warriors until proven otherwise.

If I'm not mistaken, Jaime killed 10 Stark soldiers off-screen in the first season. There's a scene where they inform Robb that they've captured Jaime, and they same something along the lines of: "Careful m'lord, he killed ten of our guys before we overpowered him". It was a pretty lame scene really. But ten soldiers in one sitting is a greater tally than anything The Hound has racked up so far.

Anyone else remember this as well?

Prime Robert should take the whole tourney. Only Dayne is competition

this is GOT math my friend. and it simply doesn't add up.

allimsayin

what does not add up. Is fighting Ali now the same as fighting him in his prime?

Robert in his prime was known to be a beast. In full armour poor Syrio would have to avoid even a glancing blow of that warm hammer. He would have to fight at such range he would not even be able to reach Robert with his rapier.

Agree with this Book Robert was basically Khal Drogo with Armor and a war Hammer , one of the most Brutal warriors in the history of Westeros and one of the few people that could take on the Mountain one on one.

I agree as well. Syrio could pick Drogo apart because of the lack of armour but that wouldn't be as effective against Robert in full armour. Syrio could still stick and move and wear Robert down but 9 times out of 10 Robert would eventually land a big shot and that would be the end.

what does not add up. Is fighting Ali now the same as fighting him in his prime?

Robert in his prime was known to be a beast. In full armour poor Syrio would have to avoid even a glancing blow of that warm hammer. He would have to fight at such range he would not even be able to reach Robert with his rapier.

this post is so full of secksual innuendo that i'm not even sure i should have it in quotes.

If I'm not mistaken, Jaime killed 10 Stark soldiers off-screen in the first season. There's a scene where they inform Robb that they've captured Jaime, and they same something along the lines of: "Careful m'lord, he killed ten of our guys before we overpowered him". It was a pretty lame scene really. But ten soldiers in one sitting is a greater tally than anything The Hound has racked up so far.

Yeah, I remember that scene. Jaime then offered to fight Robb in single combat. Robb flatly refused, and admitted he had no chance of beating Jaime one on one.

As far as the show(not the books)goes, I rate the best fighters as Prime Jaime, Prime Hound and Prime Robert. In that order.

Robert easily, as long as he's in his prime. Huge, fully armored, and with a giant hammer.

Bobby B, easy.

Yeah. On the show Kevin also brings up Jaime beating down some Riverlords at the Green Fork and said he was laying siege to Riverrun. Dude got his battle on. It just happened off screen so people who don't pay attention forget.

Frankie Edgar vs. Junior Dos Santos.

I gotta ask. Why is everyone so certain that Syrio would kick Kal Drogo's ass, but would get his ass smashed by Robert's hammer?

I would think a massive warhammer swings would be seen a mile away with Syrio's cat-like reflexes.

Back