Best Fighter in GOT Tournament | Round 2 | #4) Robert Baratheon vs #12) Syrio Forel

Lethal

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Forum Administrator
Reaction score
#4) Robert Baratheon

tumblr_mj9ofuZuQ41qgp4j2o1_500.jpg

RU5p0eD.jpg

tumblr_longbcBAod1qfoasdo1_500.jpg

vs

#12) Syrio Forel

agVOXPG.png

[YT]PfXvs2jf2DU[/YT]

---------

Bracket:

VSsIDPy.jpg

Guidelines:

- For all matchups both fighters are in their Prime
- No Intel
- Intent is to Kill
- Voting will close 24 hours after the thread is made

**Book Discussion past the current episode is fine, but please keep it within spoiler tags.

Haha wtf? What a mismatch. Syrio gets his brains bashed in inside 2 minutes. I haven't been keeping up with these polls, no idea how Syrio got past Drogo in the first round. And I say this with all due respect to a former first sword of Braavos

Robert would probably win the fight and will this poll. I voted for Syrio to avoid a total skunking, though Syrio is more skilled withwith a sword than most give him credit for.

a guy with a rapier style of sword will kill a guy with a warhammer 9 times out of 10. that said, Syrio Forell got killed by Meryn fucking Trant

Just a reminder, if you've already voted and want to see who voted for who, all you have to do is click on one of the numbers (where it lists how many people voted on an option) to see what they voted on.

a guy with a rapier style of sword will kill a guy with a warhammer 9 times out of 10. that said, Syrio Forell got killed by Meryn fucking Trant

And why is that? Syrio will have the speed and technique advantage, but Robert is far bigger, stronger and has armor. Syrio can only attack a few spots, while Robert only has to hit Syrio once to kill him, or inflict a crippling injury that would incapacitate Syrio.

That being said, Syrio lost to Trant because he didn't have his real sword there.

And why is that? Syrio will have the speed and technique advantage, but Robert is far bigger, stronger and has armor. Syrio can only attack a few spots, while Robert only has to hit Syrio once to kill him, or inflict a crippling injury that would incapacitate Syrio.

That being said, Syrio lost to Trant because he didn't have his real sword there.

Robert isn't the Hulk. he probably isn't taller than 180cm. artwork Robert looks like a superhero, flesh and bone Robert looks like this:

640px-Robert_and_Lancel.jpg

young Robert would have more muscle and less fat, but the same height and reach.

Robert isn't the Hulk. he probably isn't taller than 180cm. artwork Robert looks like a superhero, flesh and bone Robert looks like this:

young Robert would have more muscle and less fat, but the same height and reach.

Are we only using GOT version though? ITT people have been using GOT and ASOIAF characters, and considering we're using prime Robert here I thought it would be the book version (considering information from ASOIAF is also allowed). Book Robert was 6'6 and one of the strongest warriors in Westeros history. He's far bigger than show Robert.

This is Jose Aldo vs Cain VAlesquez.
Yes Pharrell is talented and would use his speed to land some blows but it comes down to Robert landing one blow and it is lights out for the First Sword.
Robert one shots him, drinks a flagon of mead and then bangs a whore on top of the First Swords still warm, bashed in, bloody body.

i think in full combat armor prime Robert wins 6/10, but its always close if you are fighting the best swordmaster in the world, im just assuming Robert is too strong for Syrio

Yes Pharrell is talented and would use his speed to land some blows but it comes down to Robert landing one blow and it is lights out for the First Sword.
Robert one shots him, drinks a flagon of mead and then bangs a whore on top of the First Swords still warm, bashed in, bloody body.

Lol @ Pharrell.

This is like Hendo/Bisping: A quick elusive striker who has no shot of marring the other guys chin and a stalky, powerful striker who only needs to land once. Except in this scenario, Bisping is a 5' 3" flyweight and Hendo is a 6' 6" super-heavyweight with freakish long arms.

And people keep ignoring that Syrio got his bodyguard job to due his observation skills, not his 1 v 1 talents. Robert won a continent by being a good duelist. Even if they were the same size, Robert is the more skilled fighter. He wins 10/10.

I think Robert was supposed to have a build similar to the Hound. Someone mentioned it in a previous thread

Robert in full plate w/ a warhammer? I don't see Syrio having the range to deal w/ the hammer or the sword to deal w/ the plate.

book Robert is a 6'4" powerhouse, show Robert is the short fat guy from Full Monty

syrio steps forward and stabs
finds bravosi style sword cant penetrate full armour
robert smashes so badly people watching turn away

Are we only using GOT version though? ITT people have been using GOT and ASOIAF characters, and considering we're using prime Robert here I thought it would be the book version (considering information from ASOIAF is also allowed). Book Robert was 6'6 and one of the strongest warriors in Westeros history. He's far bigger than show Robert.

that's a big difference from the show Robert.

you don't "land some blows" in sword fighting. it's not MMA. taking a single hit can kill you or seriously maim you.

A huge mismatch, with the emphasis on "huge". Prime Robert was a genetic freak, on a par with the Hound in terms of strength and power. He's heavily armored, which severely limits the points that Syrio can attack.

Syrio's only hope would be to keep out of the range of Robert's war-hammer until Robert got tired. Not easy against Prime, Healthy Robert. And while Robert can let his armor soak up Syrio's rapier attacks, even a glancing blow from Robert's war-hammer would cause a fight ending injury to the unarmored Syrio.

Robert and it's not even close.

so syrio can take out drogo but not the fat drunk cuckold by incest guy that was killed by a porker?

now i have seen it all.

jesus christ mayberry.

Back