Best conditioned fighter in MMA History

Marathon man ,Randy Couture

No, he didn't do it exceptionally because he noticeable slowed down after the second round. We've seen plenty of heavyweights last longer than that while keeping up a good pace - both Cro Cop and Fedor come to mind, as does Big Nog when his fight age wasn't 60+. In today's UFC crop, not so much.. but heavyweights going the distance isn't anything new nor is Cain's cardio.

It's simply hyped and drilled into peoples heads by Rogan every time he fights. Again, he gassed hard in the Kongo fight and slowed considerably in the JDS fight when JDS was nothing more than a punching bag after the first round.

Cain is a very impressive fighter and I think he will dominate the HW division for quite some time.. but his cardio really isn't anything special.

I do think that people listen to Rogan more than they watch the fights. Cain fought ONCE for 25 minutes and he was tired at the end against an opponent who took an enormous amount of damage from the beginning. Plenty of HW fights in Pride went for 20 minutes with guys looking fresher.

Surprised no one has said Chael P. yet. Guy has incredible cardio, but I'd have to say Frankie, may be a lower weight class, but literally just seems to never tire.

This

And Diego Sanchez before his whole "dream" phase

1. Tito Ortiz in his prime
2. Fedor in his prime
3. Sean Sherk in his prime
4. Nick Diaz
5. GSP

I'd probably say Bisping or one of the Diaz.

watch the old crocop and fedor fight preparation and conditioning videos, those guys were machines in their time.

Agree with Cain. His output is so damn high and he's a HW.

Can someone put a giff of Connor M , the guy says he can go 10 rounds, easy.

GSP much.

And Cain after, considering his size.

Cardio_Nick_Triathlon_original_display_image.jpg

/thread

Frankie Edgar P4P no doubt. Even after the beating he took from Benson and Maynard, he still hopped around the cage like a little kid and wins the fight...or not.

Tito Ortiz.

I hate the guy, but it's without question him.

Sean Sherk is for sure up there

His aggression was insanse and he was able to go 80-100% for 5 rounds easy. Very rare to find someone with that cardio (especially since he packed a lot of muscle).

Fedor for a heavyweight had outstanding cardio (which for that weight class, has to mean something). He was always in a high paced fight and from what I recall never showed signs of fatigue in his decisions, despite his output.

So yeah, probably Fedor.

The first fight with Nog was insane. Fedor kept coming even in the final seconds, when he could have just held on and coasted to a win.

The first fight with Nog was insane. Fedor kept coming even in the final seconds, when he could have just held on and coasted to a win.
Coasting to a win wasn't possible in PRIDE. The final round had more weight with the judging than the first, despite being the shorter round.

I don't get people who say GSP.

He obviously has great conditioning but his fights are always fought at his pace, he never really has a relentless pace or really pushes the pace in any of his fights. When he fought Diaz he had to repeatedly deal with his relentless scrambling on the ground and didn't control the pace like he usually does and he was gassed by the 4th round.

For me its someone like Diaz or Bisping. Im sure Bisping said his heart rate was in the mid 30's which is almost prime Lance Armstrong like. Even a guy like Cain is up there, the pace he set in the JDS fight was ridiculous and he weighs 240 pounds.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back