Best conditioned fighter in MMA History

To me it's Cain.

Because you expect a BW to have impeccable condition, but you don't expect a heavyweight to have that kinda of conditioning.

Cain is more impressive than anyone else Cardio wise.

I think the pace that Cain puts on his opponents is even bigger than the pace the BWs are putting.

Stand-up, transitions, relentless ground and pound, more transitions, more takedowns, more GNP, non-stop for whatever it takes.

For me, it's Cain.

And I know that this might not be the right answer.

To me it's Cain.

Because you expect a BW to have impeccable condition, but you don't expect a heavyweight to have that kinda of conditioning.

I think the pace that Cain puts on his opponents is even bigger than the pace the BWs are putting.

Stand-up, transitions, relentless ground and pound, more transitions, more takedowns, more GNP, non-stop for whatever it takes.

For me, it's Cain.

You know this is a gimmick trhead by that wannabe Chuck Liddell dude?

I think Cain's conditioning is one of the most overrated things in UFC history. He slowed considerably in the JDS fight - a fresh fighter would've been able to put him away after rocking him so badly in the first. He also gassed out badly in the Kongo fight. Other than that, we've never seen him go the distance.. So if he's 2 for 2 in gassing when his fights go the distance.. how is that cardio impressive to the point where its highlighted as one of his best attributes?

I think Cain's conditioning is one of the most overrated things in UFC history. He slowed considerably in the JDS fight - a fresh fighter would've been able to put him away after rocking him so badly in the first. He also gassed out badly in the Kongo fight. Other than that, we've never seen him go the distance.. So if he's 2 for 2 in gassing when his fights go the distance.. how is that cardio impressive to the point where its highlighted as one of his best attributes?

Vardio is always bad for heavyweights, it is inpressive in comparison to the rest of the class. For a better answer, Frank Edgar. Although i am not a fan, he certainly gets better as fights go on and he wears on his opponents.

You seriously need to rewatch those fights.

What Cain did in the JDS fight, it's amazing he was still being able to stand by the end of the fight.

What people don't realize is that Cain put a TOTAL MIXED MARTIAL ARTS CLINIC. Stand-up, clinch, spamming takedowns, transitions, going for finishes, ground and pound, more takedowns, etc., for 25 fucking minutes.

Do you have any idea what it takes to be able to do that? It takes amazing conditioning. You need to rewatch the fight ASAP.

Best mixed martial art showing ever.

I'm really upset with myself for actually watching that whole video.....

To me it's Cain.

For me, it's Cain.

What?? He's only gone to decision twice. 9 out of 12 wins finished in round One...

He hasn't even proven his conditioning, just that he's relentless to win as quick as possible.

What?? He's only gone to decision twice. 9 out of 12 wins finished in round One...

He hasn't even proven his conditioning, just that he's relentless to win as quick as possible.

Isn't going a full 25 minutes a good enough reason?

Or he must go 25 minutes 20 times before you decide?

He already did it, and did it exceptionally.

You seriously need to rewatch those fights.

What Cain did in the JDS fight, it's amazing he was still being able to stand by the end of the fight.

What people don't realize is that Cain put a TOTAL MIXED MARTIAL ARTS CLINIC. Stand-up, clinch, spamming takedowns, transitions, going for finishes, ground and pound, more takedowns, etc., for 25 fucking minutes.

Do you have any idea what it takes to be able to do that? It takes amazing conditioning. You need to rewatch the fight ASAP.

Best mixed martial art showing ever.

I think every one of your responses in here are great. I know, it's meant to be a joke thread, but I ain't clickin' that link. Also your comments regarding Cain and subsequent defence of those comments was perfect.

Little guys like Cruz, Edgar, Aldo...you expect a relentless work rate, because it takes far less energy for them to achieve a similar result as it does for a larger man. The amount of oxygen/kilojoules used grows exponentially with the HW mass. Ever noticed that even at WW, plenty of guys gas by the end of the third. Diaz, Condit, GSP are exceptional because they go hard for 5 rounds. That gets harder and harder the bigger a fighter is.

So while Cain was clearly tired in his JDS fight by the end of the third, there isn't a HW fighter alive that could have kept up with him until then.

Frankie Edgar. He's beaten guys who are far more talented and skilled purely through his pace

I think every one of your responses in here are great. I know, it's meant to be a joke thread, but I ain't clickin' that link. Also your comments regarding Cain and subsequent defence of those comments was perfect.

Little guys like Cruz, Edgar, Aldo...you expect a relentless work rate, because it takes far less energy for them to achieve a similar result as it does for a larger man. The amount of oxygen/kilojoules used grows exponentially with the HW mass. Ever noticed that even at WW, plenty of guys gas by the end of the third. Diaz, Condit, GSP are exceptional because they go hard for 5 rounds. That gets harder and harder the bigger a fighter is.

So while Cain was clearly tired in his JDS fight by the end of the third, there isn't a HW fighter alive that could have kept up with him until then.

159.gif

Isn't going a full 25 minutes a good enough reason?

Or he must go 25 minutes 20 times before you decide?

He already did it, and did it exceptionally.

No, he didn't do it exceptionally because he noticeable slowed down after the second round. We've seen plenty of heavyweights last longer than that while keeping up a good pace - both Cro Cop and Fedor come to mind, as does Big Nog when his fight age wasn't 60+. In today's UFC crop, not so much.. but heavyweights going the distance isn't anything new nor is Cain's cardio.

It's simply hyped and drilled into peoples heads by Rogan every time he fights. Again, he gassed hard in the Kongo fight and slowed considerably in the JDS fight when JDS was nothing more than a punching bag after the first round.

Cain is a very impressive fighter and I think he will dominate the HW division for quite some time.. but his cardio really isn't anything special.

If you guys have ever heard of Fedor, You would know he has gone the distance a few times, and had plenty of finishes and he has never showed signs of slowing down that I'm aware of. Even during the Bigfoot fight he wasn't gassed or any other fight such as 30 minute pride fights against Big Nog twice and Crocop. I don't see why you wouldn't pick him.

If you guys have ever heard of Fedor, You would know he has gone the distance a few times, and had plenty of finishes and he has never showed signs of slowing down that I'm aware of. Even during the Bigfoot fight he wasn't gassed or any other fight such as 30 minute pride fights against Big Nog twice and Crocop. I don't see why you wouldn't pick him.

Fedor never had the privilege of Rogan repeatedly spamming into people's ears what his best attributes are during his fights and thus newer, current MMA fans know nothing about them.

I think Cain's conditioning is one of the most overrated things in UFC history. He slowed considerably in the JDS fight

I noticed that in the JDS fight, he was clearly tired but the commentators didn't mention it. They just kept on talking about how tired JDS was.

It's like this 'cardio machine' reputation has become so ingrained that they dare not suggest that he's getting tired even when it's plain to see.

Back