• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Best Brain Type for Different Sports - Introverts better for NBA, Extroverts Better for NFL

Hog-train

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Just found this old article that I thought was fascinating.

TLDR:

The best clutch players in the NBA are generally ISTPs (Introverted, Sensing, Thinking, Perceivers.) This list includes players like Hakeem Olajuwon and John Stockton and the ultimate ISTP, Michael Jordan.

That's why Karl Malone always struggled in the clutch in the playoffs, because he's an ESTP.

But in other sports like being an NFL QB, the best players are extroverts.

Article was very interesting.

Michael Jordan wasn't particularly clutch. He averaged 49.6% in clutch time. Which puts him right in the middle of the pack.

140057728_1114841852299376_6428301601027026752_n.jpg
0*anXkNTa2_b2UY0lk

Not too surprising that ISTPs are generally the most clutch across the majority of sports.

Personality tests are just horoscopes for people with autism

People do have a baseline but given any circumstance it can change how they act. Very few people maintain the same personality when shit hits the fan.

Lol at fican sniping Mahomo.

Sounds like fican's been demolishing cans in the NFL thread.

<36>

Personality tests are just horoscopes for people with autism

People do have a baseline but given any circumstance it can change how they act. Very few people maintain the same personality when shit hits the fan.
Yeah just does not make any sense. On court they can pretend they have iron personality or nerves but like with nfl players and basketball who drive fast get in crash they always panic or something similar. Clutch is mostly luck right place at right time. You can be most clutch but if homo tendencies creep in you will have pitched voice and walk. Lol but back to being serious it is hot and cold

Last edited:
"You can be most clutch but if homo tendencies creep in you will have pitched voice and walk"

-figoat

Lol at fican sniping Mahomo.

Sounds like fican's been demolishing cans in the NFL thread.

<36>
I would rather watch snooker and if you concentrate and pay attention enough you will see how strategy and tactics work in it then watch american sports where everything is for simpletons. And how the hell epl is so tacticly amateur while having sport like snooker in britain

I would rather watch snooker and if you concentrate and pay attention enough you will see how strategy and tactics work in it then watch american sports where everything is for simpletons. And how the hell epl is so tacticly amateur while having sport like snooker in britain

Stephen Hendry > All of these cans.

Michael Jordan wasn't particularly clutch. He averaged 49.6% in clutch time. Which puts him right in the middle of the pack.

I thought 50% is pretty good though right? I mean most people don't shoot 50% from the field in general. He's not Robert Horry that's for sure ;)

I can not post in nba no more so have to talk. Ball here

Back